Works perfectly fine on the PC's and I'm sure if I was using a S4 or S5 it probably would have ran alright...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Have you actually used an S5 or 5s to see if the problem exists on those phones? Your sentence isnt really reassuring

Posted via CB10
    CpE CKS and Bluenoser63 like this.
    08-19-14 09:02 PM
    Have you actually used an S5 or 5s to see if the problem exists on those phones? Your sentence isnt really reassuring

Posted via CB10
    Even if the statement is true, it still won't establish whether it is the browser or the cpu.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.700
    08-19-14 09:13 PM
    Have you tried disabling javascript or desktop mode in your browser? Doss it behave the same in a different browser?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 09:30 PM
    Again, this could really be a browser issue. Throwing clock cycles at the problem in a brute force way may not get the results you're looking for.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.700
    Could very well be. Don't feel like downloading another browser just to find out, especially since I have no intention of using any of them since all of the 3rd party browsers I've tried before lack things that I want in them. Simple things like the existing url automatically highlighting when I touch in the address field so writing a new url into it is easy, or automatically replacing spaces with dots for easy url entry... I know others have found websites with similar issues, if you guys can try with a different browser we can get to the bottom of this. I can't share the url to the page I'm talking about because it's work related and isn't a public website...
    08-19-14 11:24 PM
    Again, have you tried enabling/disabling javascript and or desktop mode?

This is likely not a horsepower issue.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 11:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't make a difference. But like someone said, it could be the BB10 browser itself, so I hope someone who has found a similar issue try it with a different browser. I don't like downloading and installing apps I won't use regularly...

08-20-14 03:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Like I did, you are mistaking this thread as needing technical help to solve a specific problem. It's actually a "whine" thread about wanting more CPU.
    iamagod and tHe.iR1sH like this.
    08-20-14 08:55 PM
    Like I did, you are mistaking this thread as needing technical help to solve a specific problem. It's actually a "whine" thread about wanting more CPU.
    Thank you for shedding light on the matter. That actually hadn't occurred to me. I assumed people post for help and to work with those who spend their time in assistance. Where's the down vote OP option?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 11:20 AM
    Thank you for shedding light on the matter. That actually hadn't occurred to me. I assumed people post for help and to work with those who spend their time in assistance. Where's the down vote OP option?

Posted via CB10
    Aw, you two are so cute together. Unfortunately if you read like 2 posts above you'd see me concede that it very well could be a browser issue and asked for someone who have found a site that does this on the stock browser try it with another browser to confirm.

So sorry to burst your little bubble, but don't stop interlocking your fingers because of it. It'll be alright.

08-21-14 10:23 PM
    Regarding the title of the thread,

I'm sure specs matter, if they result in more snappiness and a responsive user experience?

What was that Android lag again? Oh yeah, something we really do not want to see on our phones, but my Q10 could open apps and minimize faster. I would certainly appreciate that.

Looking at Passport demos, this is exactly what I want, instant reaction that doesn't stop or affect your train of thought in any way. That's what I'm looking for in a phone or PC.

Faster click / tap rate does result in higher productivity, I am sure I can get things done more efficiently...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    08-26-14 11:41 PM
    Regarding the title of the thread,

I'm sure specs matter, if they result in more snappiness and a responsive user experience?

What was that Android lag again? Oh yeah, something we really do not want to see on our phones, but my Q10 could open apps and minimize faster. I would certainly appreciate that.

Looking at Passport demos, this is exactly what I want, instant reaction that doesn't stop or affect your train of thought in any way. That's what I'm looking for in a phone or PC.

Faster click / tap rate does result in higher productivity, I am sure I can get things done more efficiently...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    I agree with this. I would like to cut loading times down a bit on my phone. Hopefully the slightly improved specs of the Classic rumors are true, any little bit is an improvement in my books.

08-26-14 11:54 PM
    Works perfectly fine on the PC's and I'm sure if I was using a S4 or S5 it probably would have ran alright...

You have your answer. Lol

BB PH STL100-2
    08-28-14 01:46 PM
    Uh, I don't know or think it has anything to do with how new or old this webform was, but whether it is written in javascript, flash, or whatever, it seems to run like crap unless you have a pretty decent CPU. Sure it's most likely something they are doing wrong on their end, but basically you're going with the "I must be the only person with this problem" argument instead of coming to a solution that will work for both well and poorly coded webpages...

May I just ask, sir, do you know Web Development or any of its form?

BB PH STL100-2
    tHe.iR1sH likes this.
    08-28-14 01:47 PM
    Obviously the solution is to hack their website to fix it...

I may be wrong, but you seem to know so little about computer systems.

I'm out of here. I just enjoyed the little talk.

BB PH STL100-2
    08-28-14 01:53 PM
    I may be wrong, but you seem to know so little about computer systems.

I'm out of here. I just enjoyed the little talk.

BB PH STL100-2
    You may not know the meaning of sarcasm. But thanks for playing anyway. ;-)

08-28-14 04:59 PM
    May I just ask, sir, do you know Web Development or any of its form?

BB PH STL100-2
    This could result from some insane validation, btw :rolls-eyes:
    08-28-14 09:52 PM
    I would have to agree with OP....im a poweruser don't care about specs as long it has long battery life and keyboard. and yes I do miss the tool belt.

Posted via CB10
    Mangelhaft likes this.
    08-29-14 11:26 AM
    There is one thing that really matters for a business user and it's directly related to specs - ability to multitask without delays, which leads to a bunch of apps open and running at the same time, which leads to need of lots of RAM. The 2GB on my Q10 is not enough for me. Browser some times uses up to 500mb (I do use lots of tabs).

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 08:27 AM
    Ok, so I need to hack into their website to fix it and any other poorly coded website I ever encounter? Damn man, you're right, that is a much better idea than simply having a phone that could tough out anything...

The problem is almost certainly website design and not Q10 cpu.

I have a similar situation with a site I use for my job. It's terrible on my Z10. Seriously, it's really bad. But I know it's not a phone problem, but it's gotten better as they've improved the site over the past year or so. Same phone (albeit different OS versions) over the entire time.
    The site is nearly unusable on my Windows phone, and on my wife's iPhone is somewhere between my Z10 and Windows, primarily because of the Z's awesome keyboard.

I get what you're saying, up the CPU so it can handle anything, but are you wiling to accept the tradeoffs that would require, specifically battery life issues and device cost issues? I think if the Q10 had a quad core and crappy battery, you'd still be complaining, just about something else...

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 08:47 AM
    Yah, so for my job, I need to submit something via a web form. On the PC, it works fine, on older PC's it is a bit sluggish. Guess how it works on the Q10? It was so sluggish it couldn't keep up with my typing. And if it was simply taking time for the text to catch up, that's not a big deal. But it was actually missing letters, missing most of the spaces, and basically I had to type it out one letter at a time slowly or wait until I'm back indoors in front of a PC.

So please tell me that if my phone had a faster CPU that wouldn't fix that issue...

Edit: Oh, and let me guess, I am the only person, in the only business with a website with a web form that isn't completely optimized...

A faster CPU would have made no difference. I have used forms on the web with my Z10 and Z30 with no issues. Sounds like a bad web page.
    09-05-14 09:18 AM
    Uh, I don't know or think it has anything to do with how new or old this webform was, but whether it is written in javascript, flash, or whatever, it seems to run like crap unless you have a pretty decent CPU. Sure it's most likely something they are doing wrong on their end, but basically you're going with the "I must be the only person with this problem" argument instead of coming to a solution that will work for both well and poorly coded webpages...

Contact the source of the problem. If there is something wrong at their end, they should know. The Z10, Q10 and Z30 has more than enough horsepower to do correct web forms.
    09-05-14 09:20 AM
    The problem is almost certainly website design and not Q10 cpu.

I have a similar situation with a site I use for my job. It's terrible on my Z10. Seriously, it's really bad. But I know it's not a phone problem, but it's gotten better as they've improved the site over the past year or so. Same phone (albeit different OS versions) over the entire time.
    The site is nearly unusable on my Windows phone, and on my wife's iPhone is somewhere between my Z10 and Windows, primarily because of the Z's awesome keyboard.

I get what you're saying, up the CPU so it can handle anything, but are you wiling to accept the tradeoffs that would require, specifically battery life issues and device cost issues? I think if the Q10 had a quad core and crappy battery, you'd still be complaining, just about something else...

Posted via CB10
    As someone else have said though, it could be a software issue with the way BB10's browser is made. So that's another reason a better CPU might not fix this issue. I'm not willing to install other browsers since there isn't another one I'm willing to use full time. So can't tell you for sure, but it's a possibility...

09-05-14 09:09 PM
    A faster CPU would have made no difference. I have used forms on the web with my Z10 and Z30 with no issues. Sounds like a bad web page.
    Yah, I've used plenty of web forms without an issue. But oh well. A better CPU would be good for a lot of other things too though. Good photographs depend on good hardware and software. The raw data pulled from the sensor must be processed, then compressed before it is saved to jpg format. A lot of good cameras on the market have the same hardware sensor, but the difference between one model to another is the processor it has, and sometimes it makes a huge difference. This allows for both better photos and faster photos. And newer CPU's are more efficient as well, so the battery consumption compromise might not be nearly as much as some might think...

09-05-14 09:14 PM
    The core question of this thread comes down to two issues:

1. A longstanding Blackberry issue: lackluster browser features, options and performance. By far the most useful tool was changing the user agent to display the desktop version (something iOS Safari can't do; don't know about Android). They need to improve their browser. A lot. Moving to OS10 was a major step in that direction, but it hasn't fixed the problem. Beyond good hardware specs, they need to create a beautiful, seamless user experience in the browser that can process a wide variety of web pages. Doesn't have to do everything, but - like the original line of OS7 blackberries - what it is intended to do, it should do well.

2. Hardware specs. Blackberries in their original form didn't run big software packages requiring immense specs (remember the black and white, small screens? No true "apps" (as we know them now). All of that started to change when smartphones took off - Palm Pilot, Palm Treo, Motorola Q, then Samsung and HTC started building beefy, big spec units, and Apple came along and took the big specs other major brands were using and put a really nice, simple, beautiful interface on top of it and iPhone was born. When all that happened, Blackberry didn't keep up. They realized that years ago, and the co-CEO infighting held the company back from changing strategic direction until the stock has lost too much favor with investors, then they couldn't find a good CEO, and now (as much as I like Chen) they've got a turnaround man, a "save the sinking ship" guy with a track record at the helm. They do need to save the sinking ship, and they're doing it. It's hard. It's a lot of work. And you can only focus on a few markets and products at one time, which means to save the ship you aren't innovating and making cutting edge technology every day that oohs and aahs consumers or enterprise folks. But I'm confident they'll get there. Chen will right the ship, clean up the balance sheet, already has and will continue to cut the fat off products they shouldn't be pursuining. And if all goes well, in a few years Chen will have completed his work and they'll bring in a tech visionary, a guy who dreams, and that idea of "strategic vision" will be back.

For now though, they need to clean up the code behind the OS10 Browser, and they need to put solid specs that can run it - smoothly - what "it" is intended to do. Business users and consumers alike don't "care about specs", they care about a seamless "user experience." It will take good specs AND good software to deliver both. It's not about "how big" the specs are, but how well they accomplish whatever the intended goal of the browser is. And the browser now - and always has been - lacking. I hope as OS10 sees more development they'll make strides to improve upon it. Thankfully, I don't think they have much "catching up" to do with Apple or Android devices as both lack broad feature-sets in their browsers. But what both of those do that blackberry doesn't, is offer a seamless experience. It will be baby steps - seamless experience, then bigger specs that will allow for another, better, bigger, faster, cleaner experience. Such is the life of development in tech; too bad Blackberry stumbled for multiple years before they started taking those steps again.
    Well said... Everyone is judging BB10's performance based on its current specs. It seems "smooth" enough now because it was specifically designed to operate under these hardware configurations. Improve the specs and the overall user experience should also improve as long as they make the necessary improvements in the OS to match... I don't need the best specs on the market, I just don't really like the fact that we are basically stuck with last year's specs. And that's last year FOR BLACKBERRY, not last year for the rest of the world...

I wonder why some of them are not jumping all into the Passport forum to tell them how much having decent specs will hurt it...

09-05-14 09:18 PM
    The core question of this thread comes down to two issues:

1. A longstanding Blackberry issue: lackluster browser features, options and performance. By far the most useful tool was changing the user agent to display the desktop version (something iOS Safari can't do; don't know about Android). They need to improve their browser. A lot. Moving to OS10 was a major step in that direction, but it hasn't fixed the problem. Beyond good hardware specs, they need to create a beautiful, seamless user experience in the browser that can process a wide variety of web pages. Doesn't have to do everything, but - like the original line of OS7 blackberries - what it is intended to do, it should do well.

2. Hardware specs. Blackberries in their original form didn't run big software packages requiring immense specs (remember the black and white, small screens? No true "apps" (as we know them now). All of that started to change when smartphones took off - Palm Pilot, Palm Treo, Motorola Q, then Samsung and HTC started building beefy, big spec units, and Apple came along and took the big specs other major brands were using and put a really nice, simple, beautiful interface on top of it and iPhone was born. When all that happened, Blackberry didn't keep up. They realized that years ago, and the co-CEO infighting held the company back from changing strategic direction until the stock has lost too much favor with investors, then they couldn't find a good CEO, and now (as much as I like Chen) they've got a turnaround man, a "save the sinking ship" guy with a track record at the helm. They do need to save the sinking ship, and they're doing it. It's hard. It's a lot of work. And you can only focus on a few markets and products at one time, which means to save the ship you aren't innovating and making cutting edge technology every day that oohs and aahs consumers or enterprise folks. But I'm confident they'll get there. Chen will right the ship, clean up the balance sheet, already has and will continue to cut the fat off products they shouldn't be pursuining. And if all goes well, in a few years Chen will have completed his work and they'll bring in a tech visionary, a guy who dreams, and that idea of "strategic vision" will be back.

For now though, they need to clean up the code behind the OS10 Browser, and they need to put solid specs that can run it - smoothly - what "it" is intended to do. Business users and consumers alike don't "care about specs", they care about a seamless "user experience." It will take good specs AND good software to deliver both. It's not about "how big" the specs are, but how well they accomplish whatever the intended goal of the browser is. And the browser now - and always has been - lacking. I hope as OS10 sees more development they'll make strides to improve upon it. Thankfully, I don't think they have much "catching up" to do with Apple or Android devices as both lack broad feature-sets in their browsers. But what both of those do that blackberry doesn't, is offer a seamless experience. It will be baby steps - seamless experience, then bigger specs that will allow for another, better, bigger, faster, cleaner experience. Such is the life of development in tech; too bad Blackberry stumbled for multiple years before they started taking those steps again.
    OK, I'm calling BS when I see it. BB10 has one of, if not THE best stock mobile browser available today. Better than the browser on Windows Phone, better than Safari, I haven't experienced mobile Chrome so I won't comment on that. To say that the BB10 Browser doesn't provide a "a beautiful, seamless user experience in the browser that can process a wide variety of web pages." can only be stated by someone who has not spent real time on BB10's browser.

BlackBerry has had their fair share of missteps, but they've also made some great decisions, and they deserve to be recognized for that.

Two of those great decisions are the BB10 browser, and purchasing QNX and using it to create a mobile OS that has more upside potential than its other major competitors, and is able to run on less raw CPU power and other resources than the other OS. Over time this will produce a mobile OS that can do more, longer, and at lower total cost of ownership.
    Consumers generally don't care about "total cost of ownership", but governments and big enterprises definitely do. Even a 10% improvement would add up to big money over a large fleet of phones.

Posted via CB10
    BCITMike likes this.
    09-05-14 09:30 PM
50 12