Perhaps, but the touch part of the Passport keyboard has two purposes: be a trackpad (which the Classic already has) and swipe for symbols (i.e. the heart attacks). Or, have a four row keyboard and get rid of the swipe for symbols, making it a fancy trackpad. Not much of a point there.
    Not really, the printed symbols only cover half of the symbols available. The "sym" key usually brings up the lesser used ones. Make it so swiping down (it's not up, up is for word flicking) would bring up that symbol keyboard the sym key normally would have done. Replace the sym key with something else like maybe a dedicated period button or something else that is used often. And the touch on the keyboard wasn't only used as a trackpad, that's only after you double tap on it. It's true you can remove that since it'll be redundant with the trackpad, but there are other functions. For example, swiping left on the keyboard while typing will do what it does on the virtual, delete the whole word rather than letter by letter like the delete key.

So adding that on top of the keyboard would add a lot of convenient and practical function to it.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-06-14 11:56 PM
    Not really, the printed symbols only cover half of the symbols available. The "sym" key usually brings up the lesser used ones. Make it so swiping down (it's not up, up is for word flicking) would bring up that symbol keyboard the sym key normally would have done. Replace the sym key with something else like maybe a dedicated period button or something else that is used often. And the touch on the keyboard wasn't only used as a trackpad, that's only after you double tap on it. It's true you can remove that since it'll be redundant with the trackpad, but there are other functions. For example, swiping left on the keyboard while typing will do what it does on the virtual, delete the whole word rather than letter by letter like the delete key.

So adding that on top of the keyboard would add a lot of convenient and practical function to it.

Yes it would! Now if I could only get long press on a key to get the alternate character all would well with Blackberry keyboards!
    08-08-14 09:50 AM
    Yes it would! Now if I could only get long press on a key to get the alternate character all would well with Blackberry keyboards!
    You do. Long press on a key and the alternate forms show up on the touchscreen doesn't it?

� � �

Like those?

Edit: Oh wow, looks like CB can't display them on the app, lmao!! :-D

08-08-14 10:07 AM
    You do. Long press on a key and the alternate forms show up on the touchscreen doesn't it?

� � �

Like those?

Edit: Oh wow, looks like CB can't display them on the app, lmao!! :-D

Erm no, if I long press a key on my Q10's keyboard. I get the capital letter and not the alternate character such as a number, quotation marks, comma etc.
    08-08-14 11:17 AM
    Erm no, if I long press a key on my Q10's keyboard. I get the capital letter and not the alternate character such as a number, quotation marks, comma etc.
    Oh, you mean the symbols and punctuation marks. I thought you were talking about the letter with the accent marks, that apparently don't post right on CB, lol.

08-08-14 12:44 PM
    Press longer.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 12:57 PM
    Skimmed some of this thread, but is it confirmed whether the Classic will have an HDMI out or not?

I've been waiting for this guy for a while...but if it doesn't have one I might just pick up a cheap Q10.
    08-09-14 06:54 PM
    What would it matter if you can easily do MHL? If both o the exact same thing, then it shouldn't matter at all. And before anyone brings up the, "What about playing media files over HDMI while using an external drive through USB OTG?"; that's just overly complicated, and it would be incredibly easier to just pull out a laptop or just transfer the files to the device itself. Ask how many people actually do that instead of pulling out their laptop on their Z30.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 07:09 PM
    What would it matter if you can easily do MHL? If both o the exact same thing, then it shouldn't matter at all. And before anyone brings up the, "What about playing media files over HDMI while using an external drive through USB OTG?"; that's just overly complicated, and it would be incredibly easier to just pull out a laptop or just transfer the files to the device itself. Ask how many people actually do that instead of pulling out their laptop on their Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry what's "MHL"?
    08-09-14 07:40 PM
    Skimmed some of this thread, but is it confirmed whether the Classic will have an HDMI out or not?

I've been waiting for this guy for a while...but if it doesn't have one I might just pick up a cheap Q10.
    I think the new thing will be slimport, which I think uses the standard microusb port with a certain adaptor allow it to work like a hdmi-out. So I don't think it'll have a separate hdmi out, but you'll still have the function of it. I just wonder if that means you can't charge while using it...

08-09-14 08:51 PM
    I think the new thing will be slimport, which I think uses the standard microusb port with a certain adaptor allow it to work like a hdmi-out. So I don't think it'll have a separate hdmi out, but you'll still have the function of it. I just wonder if that means you can't charge while using it...

Slimport allows for one to stick a power cable into the USB-HDMI adapter and charge that way.
    08-09-14 09:24 PM
    Sorry what's "MHL"?
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobil...efinition_Link

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 09:59 PM
    Interesting. Thanks for the info. As long as it has some way to output to a TV I'm in.
    08-10-14 01:23 AM
    Really curious to see what specs the Classic will have. After all it has to be compatible with BlackBerrys current ecosystem (even if it's small and people may ask "what ecosystem?"). At the same time they will likely target a lower price point.

So what does that mean? The fact that they straight up doubled the screen res from the Q10 to the Passport points to the Classic still having 720 by 720, just like the Q10. That'd make 291 PPI on 3.5". I hope it's 1080 by 1080 though (436 PPI).
    08-10-14 07:32 AM
    Interesting. Thanks for the info. As long as it has some way to output to a TV I'm in.
    +1. Properly implemented, Q20's trackpad COULD prove an attractive asset when ported onto a large panel.
    08-10-14 09:29 AM
    Really curious to see what specs the Classic will have. After all it has to be compatible with BlackBerrys current ecosystem (even if it's small and people may ask "what ecosystem?"). At the same time they will likely target a lower price point.

So what does that mean? The fact that they straight up doubled the screen res from the Q10 to the Passport points to the Classic still having 720 by 720, just like the Q10. That'd make 291 PPI on 3.5". I hope it's 1080 by 1080 though (436 PPI).
    No telling what they'll do till they do it but 291 might look sort of "grainy" on the 3.5". Wishing for 1080 but not holding my breath.
    08-10-14 09:35 AM
    I don't get why its so important to some for a phone to have TV out? Seems silly to me.
    08-10-14 04:10 PM
    I don't get why its so important to some for a phone to have TV out? Seems silly to me.
    Yah, because you don't use it, it must be silly. Forget that other people might be using it all of the time to show presentations at work that's saved on the phone, or stream movies from the phone when redbox fails to find a good movie... So silly...

08-10-14 04:12 PM
    Yah, because you don't use it, it must be silly. Forget that other people might be using it all of the time to show presentations at work that's saved on the phone, or stream movies from the phone when redbox fails to find a good movie... So silly...

Well sure but there are much better tools to do those jobs. Its like using a screwdriver to open a can of corn in my mind.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-10-14 04:30 PM
    Signs point to Q10 specs. Nothing concrete yet.

Posted via CB10
    I hardly believe that... I doubt that Qualcom builds any more snapdragon S4. It has to be one of their new line of processors, the Snapdragon 400 or 600 at least.
    08-10-14 04:34 PM
    I, for one, would LOVE a BB Autocad app ported to a 16:9 big screen.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-10-14 04:53 PM
    Well sure but there are much better tools to do those jobs. Its like using a screwdriver to open a can of corn in my mind.
    Really? Like what? And before you say miracast and those things, I don't have a single friend with a smart tv. I guess we are not all rich afterall. But the micro-hdmi has worked great...

08-10-14 06:50 PM
    Really? Like what? And before you say miracast and those things, I don't have a single friend with a smart tv. I guess we are not all rich afterall. But the micro-hdmi has worked great...

Laptop or like we have at work, a rolling desktop with projector.

ROKU, ChromeCast, TiVo, cable box, PS3/4, Xbox360/1. Devices made for media.
    08-10-14 07:55 PM
    Convenience. For example, my girlfriend and I watch tv shows or movies at each other's houses from time to time. If it's at my house, I have them loaded on my laptop and can simply use its HDMI out to output to the HDTV. If it's at her house, I'd need to either bring a flash drive and transfer it to one of her devices, and then some how get it on her HDTV. Her laptop is old and only has a VGA out which doesn't have the best resolution for 720p or 1080p media, neither does she have an audio to audio cable to have sound come out of the TV's speakers. So, I either have to bring my laptop or tablet. My phone's always on me, so all I need is an HDMI cable there, or to bring one with me. And like others have mentioned, say I went to a hotel or friend's house and wanted to show something real quick, I could just load it up from my phone. Pretty convenient if you ask me.
    08-10-14 08:19 PM
    Laptop or like we have at work, a rolling desktop with projector.

ROKU, ChromeCast, TiVo, cable box, PS3/4, Xbox360/1. Devices made for media.
    Um... we are talking about when we need something for that purpose that we didn't get time to prepare for. And I will not carry around some big laptop or whatever or have to buy a $40 chromecast device when I have a $2 micro-hdmi cable sitting in my car for those times. At least 5 nights friends and I had our movie night saved because of my Q10 and the hdmi out.

08-11-14 12:20 AM
201 ... 6789