Don't kid yourself. Big corps want future proof products too.
    It hurts their bottom line to have to upgrade devices sooner than they have to.
    Thank you, someone with some sense...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    06-20-14 02:09 PM
    The Classic will be released a year and a half after the Q10. There is no way it will have the same specs.
    It uses the same radio as the Q10, so it's assumed the specs should be similar (perhaps an overclock). Definitely not the same quad-core chip as the Passport (which would necessitate a new OS/radio).

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 02:50 PM
    Don't kid yourself. Big corps want future proof products too.
    It hurts their bottom line to have to upgrade devices sooner than they have to.
    It will be plenty future proof for corporate needs.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    06-20-14 03:06 PM
    Well, we'll see when it's released, but I would at least hope that JC wouldn't see 'Classic' as a synonym for 'good enough'. I think we all remember the days of the 9000 when BlackBerrys weren't popular just because they were productive, but because they really were 'Bold' and innovative and full of the latest tech.

If you remember back, at a time when very few phones had apps, the 9000 and it's ilk had docs to go at a time when proper document viewing and editing on a phone was practically unheard of, and other apps that were really pushing the envelope of what was possible at the time. And at that point, such able and versatile email services and instant messaging services were so ahead of the game.

Hopefully the Classic will hark back to this spirit, rather than just being old fashioned.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-20-14 04:03 PM
    If you believe the rumor that 10.4 will spell EOL for first gen hardware due to specs then it is safe to assume that the classic will be upgraded in at least a few aspects over the q10

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 05:24 PM
    I already made that argument in another thread, but thurask seems pretty sure that the Classic will share the same core specs as the Q10. So if the Passport is simply too large to hold comfortably, we may be forced into continuing to use what will be considered "older tech" by November. Plus I haven't seen a definitive answer yet regarding HDMI or a removable / replaceable battery on the Classic, both of which the Q10 already has.

So just because you are upgrading from an older device that means you wouldn't want better specs?? I'm a little sick of this argument. I am using a Q10, but even if I was coming from an old Bold 9900, I don't want to "upgrade" to 2-year old tech. I would want the latest tech so it's future-proofed. Regardless of if you'll use it mainly for communicating, you're still paying hundreds of dollars. It better be decent specs...

Posted with my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2947/2274 Radio
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-20-14 08:00 PM
    See this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=828586

Look at the posts between approx. May 12-16th of this year.

Edit: oh hi thurask, didn't see you up there! :-)

06-20-14 08:12 PM
    See this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=828586

Look at the posts between approx. May 12-16th of this year.

Edit: oh hi thurask, didn't see you up there! :-)

Yuck. No hdmi? Hard to argue an ultimate business phone with no way to get it on a screen. Maybe there's more to come. It's not due until Nov. Lot of.time left.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 08:45 PM
    Yuck. No hdmi? Hard to argue an ultimate business phone with no way to get it on a screen. Maybe there's more to come. It's not due until Nov. Lot of.time left.

Posted via CB10
    It's either no HDMI at all (which makes some sense for a low-cost device for bulk deployment) or Slimport (same as the Passport).
    06-20-14 08:51 PM
    The thing I'm trying to guess here is if the classic is supposed to be a low cost device. They keep talking about its high quality materials and premium build. I can't think that they would release a phone with last year's specs and a low res screen and waste money on build. They already seem to have other devices leaking that seem like they are meant to replace the curve.

The passport is not an adequate replacement for a premium blackberry. The form factor has a lot to prove still.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-20-14 09:12 PM
    I will be really dissapointed if there's no hdmi I really hope they put that in there
    06-21-14 04:19 AM
    The Classic will be released a year and a half after the Q10. There is no way it will have the same specs.
    The difference is where in the market it is aimed though, q10 was an upper mid-range phone back then, whereas this time round the classic is a lower range product so it could very well be the case that the only upgrades in spec are the ones we know about, the size of the display and the toolbelt.

For those wondering about the screen resolution, it is clearly going to be 720x720, there is zero chance of them fragmenting things further by changing from that.
    06-21-14 04:46 AM
    It will be plenty future proof for corporate needs.
    Indeed, especially when you consider the amount of companies that still have bbos devices out there with their employees.
    06-21-14 04:48 AM
    Maybe that is one change, using the usb for slimport video out rather than having a dedicated port, shaving a bit more off the costs per device again.
    06-21-14 04:51 AM
    Screen Resolution: 1440 x 1440 (582 ppi)
    There is no chance that this will be in the specs for classic, they do not have the market to be releasing two high-end qwerty models within a couple of months of each other, they didn't even think they had the market for both qwerty and all-touch at the high-end let along two qwerty.

People need to face facts, classic is coming to convert bbos holdouts and it is coming to give them a more cost-effective lower end qwerty from foxconn now they have run down stocks of the first gen of bb10 devices, it is not coming to offer a big spec bump to existing q10 owners.
    06-21-14 04:56 AM
    I'm not actually expecting killer specs from the classic in terms of resolution or processor. My q10 ran like a champ. I'm just expecting premium build, and features like video out and wireless charging. If you are a spec hound, blackberry is probably not the best brand for you. I can't imagine a time it was either.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 05:13 AM
    The difference is where in the market it is aimed though, q10 was an upper mid-range phone back then, whereas this time round the classic is a lower range product so it could very well be the case that the only upgrades in spec are the ones we know about, the size of the display and the toolbelt.

For those wondering about the screen resolution, it is clearly going to be 720x720, there is zero chance of them fragmenting things further by changing from that.
    All thay I've read about the classic
    Has been that it was a premium device not a budget device. Classic dosent mean cheep.
    Jake Storm and acovey like this.
    06-21-14 05:31 AM
    Or cheap, even. :-)

All thay I've read about the classic
    Has been that it was a premium device not a budget device. Classic dosent mean cheep.

06-21-14 05:47 AM
    There is no chance that this will be in the specs for classic, they do not have the market to be releasing two high-end qwerty models within a couple of months of each other, they didn't even think they had the market for both qwerty and all-touch at the high-end let along two qwerty.

People need to face facts, classic is coming to convert bbos holdouts and it is coming to give them a more cost-effective lower end qwerty from foxconn now they have run down stocks of the first gen of bb10 devices, it is not coming to offer a big spec bump to existing q10 owners.
    Which is the other? I personally don't consider the Passport a "qwerty" device because to me it doesn't have a full keyboard. So if the Classic does indeed have mediocre specs, then I'll still be waiting for BB to release a premium qwerty device...

06-21-14 01:20 PM
    There are actually a lot of websites that claim the specs of the Classic will be similar to the Passport, even going as far as discussing how great the pixel density is at 1440x1440 on a 3.5" screen... And Snapdragon 800 CPU... I'm fairly certain they are mistaken, but one could wish...
    06-22-14 02:18 AM
    I'm excited to see the bottom positioned usb. That should make things easier for hardwired docking stations and help mitigate loss of charging pads.

Also encouraged to hear it might incorporate slimport. ?? Great news for management. For multiple reasons. .
    06-22-14 09:52 AM
    You're not the target for the device. It will work perfectly for the big corps it is intended for with moderate specs.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    just because it is classic in design doesn't mean it cant have future proofed specs

Posted via CB/Q10
    acovey likes this.
    06-22-14 11:20 AM
    I think the Classic won't be as spec rich as the passport but it won't be worse than the Q10

Posted via CB10 C000DAC91
    06-22-14 11:29 AM
    just because it is classic in design doesn't mean it cant have future proofed specs

Posted via CB/Q10
    You don't need 8 cores to do email, and corps won't pay for a graphics processor that will be able to run angry birds 2017.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    KingOfQwerty and JGoodard like this.
    06-22-14 09:01 PM
    You don't need 8 cores to do email, and corps won't pay for a graphics processor that will be able to run angry birds 2017.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    Some forward leaning corporations will be looking toward the HDMI/slimport capabilities for presentations, training movies, virtual walk through's, etc... I just utilized my "old" Q to record a movie capturing machinery malfunction. The Q's processing ability reproduced the failure smoothly enough for us to see and identify the malfunction and lead to successful correction. If the capability is there, MOTIVATED employees will find a way to leverage it. It all starts with management style... don't get me started...
    06-22-14 09:54 PM
201 1234 ...