This is quite odd, a search yield a few others with similar problem, with no resolution other than warranty exchange.

Overnight the speaker just stopped working. No new software, or anything, no drops, just out of no where the speaker is no longer working. No alerts, alarms, speakerphone etc. Rebooted multiple times, changed profiles and nothing.

I'm going on a hunch here to say this is a hardware problem with potentially a very small batch of these phones. Took the back cover off and removed the outer plastic shell to reveal the speakers and contacts, nothing unusual so if it is a hardware problem it is not external, likely the pcb/IC etc. I'll hook up my scope to it tomorrow and probe around to see if the speaker is in fact the culprit or the pcb/ic is not feeding the signal.

Shame as so far no problems and this is a major failure out of no where. No other choice here but to warranty it.
    04-16-15 12:00 AM
    same problem. headset helps.
    05-11-15 04:29 AM
    I replaced it under warranty, but i sold my BB and moved on after 12 years using BB's they simply don't my expectations for non enterprise customers.
    05-11-15 12:08 PM
    same problem. headset helps.
    You can always try doing a hardreset or even perform a security wipe and install a clean version of the OS in order to exclude any software based problems. However in most cases a blown speaker, especially if headset works, is a hardware fault. Send the phone in for warranty service.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 12:13 PM