I'm not expecting everyone to have a Blackberry but does that mean I have to receive my group text as individual text?? Anybody that has a reply in my group thread (that I did not ask to be in) comes back as a separate conversation. Does anybody hear me out there??

Help!
    Last edited by 2framezz; 05-24-15 at 01:02 AM.
    04-29-15 07:35 PM
    Are you on T-Mobile by chance?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 07:42 PM
    I'm on At&t and mine works fine as long as the other folks I've sent the message to have group messaging on too. The folks with it on will appear in the message stream and the ones with it off will come in as separate.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 10:03 PM
    I'm on At&t and mine works fine as long as the other folks I've sent the message to have group messaging on too. The folks with it on will appear in the message stream and the ones with it off will come in as separate.

-I'm with AT&T as well however in my group chat of ten, two will come in their own thread. Next, two different participants will come in a new conversation. Another one by itself. So you think they all have their group message off?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by 2framezz; 05-24-15 at 01:10 AM.
    04-29-15 10:38 PM
    Mine works fine too. Also on AT&T. Group messages use MMS, so see if sending or receiving media like pictures work...
    04-30-15 12:01 AM
    It's a known issue with T-Mobile service. It is fixed with newer 10.3.1 releases; but on older releases, the user isn't prompted that the group message will be sent as MMS and it sends as SMS.

Upgrade to a newer release, or force text-omly messages to always send as MMS in text advanced settings.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 08:03 AM
    It's a known issue with T-Mobile service. It is fixed with newer 10.3.1 releases; but on older releases, the user isn't prompted that the group message will be sent as MMS and it sends as SMS.

Upgrade to a newer release, or force text-omly messages to always send as MMS in text advanced settings.

Posted via CB10
    I think OP is on AT&T.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-30-15 10:18 AM
    I think OP is on AT&T.

Oh. I didn't catch his response to my question.
    04-30-15 10:44 AM
    Mine works fine too. Also on AT&T. Group messages use MMS, so see if sending or receiving media like pictures work...
    -I notice it does say converting to MMS whenever I open the thread, but receiving photos has never been an issue. I can only assume that the issue is on the other end (older phone, no group message feature, etc).

Annoying.
    Last edited by 2framezz; 05-24-15 at 01:12 AM.
    04-30-15 10:51 AM
    -I notice it does say converting to mms when I open the thread, but receiving photos has never been an issue. I can only assume it has to be on the other end (older phone, no group message, etc). Annoying.
    Hm, not sure then. Sometimes when you get a new phones there might be some APN issues that would affect your ability to use MMS, but if that's been working fine then I don't know. Could be a coincidence and your friends have group messaging turned off each time.

04-30-15 12:30 PM
    I've never once been able to get group messaging to work on a BB10 phone. My group consists of 2 iPhones, an Android, and whatever phone I'm using at the time. WP, iPhone, Android - all of them worked just fine in our group chat. Whenever I use a BB10 phone, Q10 or Z10, I have always received the groups texts as single texts from each person and my replies only go to the one person.
    05-01-15 10:56 PM
    I've never once been able to get group messaging to work on a BB10 phone. My group consists of 2 iPhones, an Android, and whatever phone I'm using at the time. WP, iPhone, Android - all of them worked just fine in our group chat. Whenever I use a BB10 phone, Q10 or Z10, I have always received the groups texts as single texts from each person and my replies only go to the one person.
    -I feel your pain.
    rodney0905 likes this.
    05-02-15 09:20 AM
    I receive group messages with my BB10 devices fine, and they are annoying as hell...

05-02-15 11:16 AM
    It happens in at&t as well. Bug in the BlackBerry OS. Go to settings, text messages from the hub. Advanced. Change "Send Text-Only Message As" from "automatic" to "MMS". You will then send all texts as mms. Mms is required for group text. The flaw in OS10 is that "automatic" doesn't switch to mms correctly for group texts.

Posted on CB10 using my Z30 STA 100-5 on OS 10.3.1.2744
    05-23-15 11:05 AM
    It happens in at&t as well. Bug in the BlackBerry OS. Go to settings, text messages from the hub. Advanced. Change "Send Text-Only Message As" from "automatic" to "MMS". You will then send all texts as mms. Mms is required for group text. The flaw in OS10 is that "automatic" doesn't switch to mms correctly for group texts.

Posted on CB10 using my Z30 STA 100-5 on OS 10.3.1.2744
    -You blessed me with this.
    Last edited by 2framezz; 05-24-15 at 12:59 AM.
    05-24-15 12:12 AM