Hello.

I have recently come back to bb10 platform after having the Priv for a couple years. But I have had some problems which I do not remember having in the past.

1) youtube does not work. None of the videos ever start.
    2) the alarm clock, I cannot preview the alarms nor can I change the tone. Whenever I try to do this the app crashes.
    3) I want to import contacts from gmail. So I download the gmail app. But as you all know, in order for gmail to work I need to also have Google play store. So I get that from apkmirror but it won't run. And gmail app still does not recognize that I have Google play store. I don't care about having either of these apps, I just want to import my contacts from gmail if possible. Or maybe I should just save my contacts on my Priv and import from that file? I don't know.
    4) I download a Farsi text (because bb10 does not have Farsi by default) but they are mapped to the keys instead of being on screen. This is OK in itself but the key mapping is totally different from the standard computer keyboard so I am just pressing keys to guess. Is there any way I can map the keys myself?
    5) this is a complaint and I doubt there is a way around this but I remember being able to have a dropbox folder on my phone and I could easily save files to this folder but now "connect to dropbox" no longer works and I had to download an apk file but I never liked this android version of dropbox.
    6) in telegram I cannot see and use emojis with the small screen. Is there any way to do this?
    7) I download the apk of what's app because I knew they would stop support of bb10 soon but this version I cannot send photos. It says file not sent, every time.

I am sorry for the many questions but I have many problems lol

Posted via CB10
    12-16-17 05:12 PM
    7) I download the apk of what's app because I knew they would stop support of bb10 soon but this version I cannot send photos. It says file not sent, every time.
    Have you run WhatsFixer?

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...tent/60005088/
    12-16-17 05:50 PM
    Hello.

I have recently come back to bb10 platform after having the Priv for a couple years. But I have had some problems which I do not remember having in the past.

1) youtube does not work. None of the videos ever start.
    2) the alarm clock, I cannot preview the alarms nor can I change the tone. Whenever I try to do this the app crashes.
    3) I want to import contacts from gmail. So I download the gmail app. But as you all know, in order for gmail to work I need to also have Google play store. So I get that from apkmirror but it won't run. And gmail app still does not recognize that I have Google play store. I don't care about having either of these apps, I just want to import my contacts from gmail if possible. Or maybe I should just save my contacts on my Priv and import from that file? I don't know.
    4) I download a Farsi text (because bb10 does not have Farsi by default) but they are mapped to the keys instead of being on screen. This is OK in itself but the key mapping is totally different from the standard computer keyboard so I am just pressing keys to guess. Is there any way I can map the keys myself?
    5) this is a complaint and I doubt there is a way around this but I remember being able to have a dropbox folder on my phone and I could easily save files to this folder but now "connect to dropbox" no longer works and I had to download an apk file but I never liked this android version of dropbox.
    6) in telegram I cannot see and use emojis with the small screen. Is there any way to do this?

I am sorry for the many questions but I have many problems lol

Posted via CB10
    1. How are you trying? Browser? App? Which app?
    3. Why not to use a built-in mechanism to sync contacts? Why using any app?
    5. Some time ago Dropbox has abandoned BB10. This is official.
    6. No problems using emojis and/or stickers on Classic. Detail your problem, please. Maybe, attach some screenshots...
    7. Download and run Whatsfixer from BB AppWorld.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-17 07:57 PM
    E-mail accounts are added through the Hub, no separate apps. Go to the Hub, in the menu select Settings, go to E-mail Accounts, hit Add Account.

After the phone has communicated with the server your contacts should show up.
    12-17-17 12:49 PM
    Hello

Thanks for responses

Regarding youtube, I have tried with browser as well as the "app" which is pre-installed but this app is just a shortcut to open youtube in the browser

Telegram when I press the icon for emojis, it's as if I need that extra screen resolution to see the options. I cannot see any of them.
    12-20-17 11:47 PM
    I've just watched a couple youtube videos in the built-in browser, no problems.
    12-21-17 02:54 AM