Hello,
    So I have been a Z10 owner for about a year now, and I always thought my next phone would be the Passport due to its large screen and innovative features.
    After today, however, my thoughts have changed, and it's all thanks to my old 9900.
    The factors that are leaning me towards the classic after using my old Bold today are:
    -four row keyboard
    -track pad; the track pad is the best way to use a phone if you are actually trying to get s*** done
    -form factor; probably the biggest downfall for the Passport for me... I've just realized that at the end of the day, phones need to be usable and feel natural in your hand

I may be wrong in the end, but after a LOT of thought, I think the classic is the logical device to choose. That being said, the Passport is new, exciting and probably revolutionary.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 11:21 PM
    We have the exact same reasons for getting the Classic, -four row keyboard, track pad, form factor. BOOM!!! December 17 can't come any quicker.

Edit: And the battery life
    Last edited by bb8900edit; 11-27-14 at 12:28 AM.
    hnguyen likes this.
    11-26-14 11:51 PM
  3. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Think BlackBerry will sell lots of these indeed!

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    11-27-14 12:46 AM
    Think BlackBerry will sell lots of these indeed!

Posted via CB10
    They are going to sell a boat load of these. I strongly believe there will be shortages
    11-27-14 09:18 AM
    -form factor; probably the biggest downfall for the Passport for me... I've just realized that at the end of the day, phones need to be usable and feel natural in your hand
    Posted via CB10
    Totally agree. That is the main reason I have not bought a Passport, but have pre-ordered the Classic. Having owned the Z10, Q10 and Z30, I have come to the conclusion that the Q10 is my favorite and the daily driver due to its form factor. Also, I don't want to try to learn a different keyboard layout. I am pretty used to and happy with the traditional 4 row keyboard. So, the Classic seems to have the best of all worlds for me.
    11-27-14 10:39 AM
    I'm currently waiting for my Passport with the Q10 in hands and being a former OS7 user. I'm really curious about how I will adopt the completely new form factor and the 3 row keyboard. Especially as I am very close to 60 words per minute on the full keyboard.

I'll wait and see. I'm sure the Classic will be an awesome device and I bet it will be very successful. I'm wondering if it will be able to beat the unexpectedly high sales figures the Passport raised.
    11-27-14 04:10 PM
    We have the exact same reasons for getting the Classic, -four row keyboard, track pad, form factor. BOOM!!! December 17 can't come any quicker.

Edit: And the battery life
    I totally agree and that is why I have preordered my Classic. I keep going between the Q10 and my "trusty" 9900...the combination of the track pad and the dedicated hard call, end and BB buttons rule.
    11-27-14 04:18 PM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I totally agree and that is why I have preordered my Classic. I keep going between the Q10 and my "trusty" 9900...the combination of the track pad and the dedicated hard call, end and BB buttons rule.
    I agree.. Classic with trackpad rules!!! May have to add to the BlackBerry fleet! Lol

From my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    Frehley likes this.
    11-27-14 04:36 PM
    I loved the 9930 and wasn't sold on the q10 myself plus I had some issues with it. I cannot wait for the classic and I really hope Verizon gets it. Once it is released I will gladly fork over the money to get it.
    11-27-14 07:16 PM
    Yes! Can't wait to get back to a trackpad/toolbelt and a four-row keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 08:06 PM
    They are going to sell a boat load of these. I strongly believe there will be shortages
    The pre-order (before being built) is probably to avoid to have an overstock of the handset

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 07:42 PM