12-10-14 10:38 PM
45 12
tools
    Well BlackBerry had an earnings call 2 days after the Passport launched and now again they will have one 2 days after the Classic's launch. Will the classic break the 200,000 units in 2 days?

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    12-06-14 10:17 PM
    My guess would be no.
    southlander and LP_Rigg like this.
    12-06-14 10:55 PM
    My guess would be no.
    Any reason why u say that?

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    12-06-14 11:20 PM
    We might be surprised... it's in the hands of BBOS users...

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf and blckberry4life like this.
    12-06-14 11:24 PM
    Probably not, the Passport was a device that was strange and intriguing enough to get some people from other platforms to buy it. The Classic is too "Classic" and will likely be just BB users buying it. I personally don't care either way, if I cared if the device I was using is a good seller or not, I'd be using a iphone or android... BlackBerry's name has an "uncool" stigma attached to it, and today's society is getting more and more self-conscious and narcissistic, so things like that actually really matter, so it'll have to be different enough to capture their attention like the Passport.
    12-06-14 11:49 PM
    Agree
    12-06-14 11:52 PM
    I cannot see a situation where the classic generates the interest of the passport.

No secret it is a budget device. Course I have passport and want one.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 11:53 PM
    Nope not preorder numbers... Maybe units sold. Just not enough info to preorder.

say NO to... Android / IOS / Windows
    12-07-14 12:20 AM

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    No, he has no reason, he is just a Moderator that has been bashing anything with a keyboard.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-07-14 07:12 AM

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    Any reason why you didn't offer a prediction yourself?

I don't think many people are interested in a tool belt anymore, and with the expected specs, those who do will be 95% of the buyers.
    theonecid and LP_Rigg like this.
    12-07-14 07:13 AM
    No, he has no reason, he is just a Moderator that has been bashing anything with a keyboard.
    Cute! I may debate the need for a belt, but if I've bashed a PKB please site the post.
    kbz1960 and Umaima_B_Dia like this.
    12-07-14 07:15 AM
    I believe the Classic Will top the Passport in pre order and units sold in time and will be one of their best selling units however it is not spec wise as good as the passport and was not intended to compete (specs) with the Passport .
    Well BlackBerry had an earnings call 2 days after the Passport launched and now again they will have one 2 days after the Classic's launch. Will the classic break the 200,000 units in 2 days?

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    j21jam6 likes this.
    12-07-14 07:36 AM
    They did not sell 200k Passports in two days.... well, they may have but we don't know what was sold. The 200k was reference to the PO's (purchase orders) they had received going into launch morning. They may have a number to give us on the Classic as well but I'm not "expecting' it. It'd be pleasant surprise though. I also think the production numbers of this phone are going to be higher out the gate so there may not be the fast sellouts.
    12-07-14 07:37 AM
    Probably not, the Passport was a device that was strange and intriguing enough to get some people from other platforms to buy it. The Classic is too "Classic" and will likely be just BB users buying it. I personally don't care either way, if I cared if the device I was using is a good seller or not, I'd be using a iphone or android... BlackBerry's name has an "uncool" stigma attached to it, and today's society is getting more and more self-conscious and narcissistic, so things like that actually really matter, so it'll have to be different enough to capture their attention like the Passport.
    Agree. It may sell more overall eventually as people's upgrades become due but I doubt it will fetch new blackberry users.
    12-07-14 08:07 AM
    No. Especially since they don't count enterprise
    12-07-14 08:19 AM
    So whats your take? I wonder what device you are buying, slagman! The Passport or the Classic? Or none of them, Sir?
    12-07-14 08:20 AM
    Probably not, the Passport was a device that was strange and intriguing enough to get some people from other platforms to buy it. The Classic is too "Classic" and will likely be just BB users buying it.
    If the Passport, a completely unknown, odd looking device can do 200,000, then I think a device that has had pent-up demand for years now, with an EXISTING base that is dying to get rid of their 9900 if they could just get the basics they want, will most likely do similar numbers, if not higher since there is less of a need of risk takers to be interested. Also, many people who switched to other platforms a while back have secretly been itching to get back to their beloved BlackBerry with buttons, if it could just do a lot of the things the more modern devices do (aka apps).

Plus, the entire reason Chen created the Classic is that......unlike his predecessors....he actually ASKED people what they want and like about BlackBerry (gosh...what a novel idea) instead of just trying to convince Iphone users that BlackBerry can make the same thing. They have already done the research, and the fact the very odd, very risky Passport blew away their initial expectations says that a more traditional offering will certainly do just as well. Or better.

As far as Pre-orders, that may be lower, but once it's available, I think it will sell a lot of units, regardless of how many mega-giga-core-thingy's they put in it.
    12-07-14 08:57 AM
    I guess the Classic will outsell the Passport when it is finally available. But i don't think "consumers" will make the "difference. The difference comes when a company orders 50k units in one wave! I think the Classic can be one of those "company phones"
    j21jam6 and laketrout73 like this.
    12-07-14 09:08 AM
    According to John Chen when asked in a video interview... yes (to enterprise).

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 09:11 AM
    EVERY new blackberry that has come out is beautiful. the Q10 was perfection when it came out a while ago, even though it lacked on the android app compatibility back then, we still had a great group of bb fans here on crackberry that would make the process of converting apks to bars easy for us to install. without them, we'd still be in the dark ages. so thank you a million times for all the selfless help given here on crackberry.

the passport is so gorgeous all around and unique and it DOES iTS JOB beautifully! just wish it were an inch smaller, so holding it and carrying it around like a phone on a day to day basis would work better for "me"...though dont get me wrong, its the future of bb...the amazing keyboard touch gestures alone are lightyears beyond anything google, samsung and apple have produced. the smooth qwerty mixed with virtual typing is like no other. its really incredible the genius of it all. the screen size, the screen brightness, the app compatibility! i can go on and on. however, i cant lie that find it a little clumsy to hold the PP as a phone, versus the secure grip in one hand that i get with my Q10, Z10 and Q5.

now, might be interested in classic, but only if it came in white, which im sure it will.

ive installed all current leaked OS's on all of my phones....Q10, Q5, passport and Z10. the inclusion of the latest android makes virtuously every app from google.play or amazon work FLAWLESSLY. just wish BB would be faster with the public releases of the upgraded official 10.3.1+ OS's for the masses who are afraid to install these leaks.

the true beauty of ALL blackberrys is the keyboard (both virtual and qwerty) and the beautiful, multitasking solid OS. what theyve done with the passport's keyboard hasnt been done by ANYONE out there, and it really is a spectacular, innovative gorgeous product. i mean, the PP keyboard alone!

so keep up the crazy good, genius work, BlackBerry. you guys are GOLDEN and i will forever support these phones. THANK YOU!
    12-07-14 09:29 AM
    Cute! I may debate the need for a belt, but if I've bashed a PKB please site the post.
    True enough, you have been mostly focused on the toolbelt.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-07-14 09:44 AM
    So whats your take? I wonder what device you are buying, slagman! The Passport or the Classic? Or none of them, Sir?
    I'm getting the Classic. I don't care what other people buy, that's just my opinion on what happens. Even if the Classic is a flop, I'll be getting one since I don't like the keyboard design on the Passport and I've been waiting to get the physical call end and call send buttons. Not to mention the trackpad...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-07-14 11:41 AM
    T. Heins said the Q10 could do "tens of millions" due to pent up BBOS users' demand. Then we know what happened there. It failed to even outsell the Z10 far as I know.

So my thinking is the Passport will be a better seller in the long run.

But obviously I hope both do very well for BB.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    12-07-14 11:52 AM
    Which numbers? At the moment we only know marketing bullsh1t. The "real" numbers will be revealed on the announcement for the third quarter fiscal 2015 results on Friday, December 19th, 2014.
    12-07-14 11:59 AM
    I'm getting the Classic. I don't care what other people buy, that's just my opinion on what happens. Even if the Classic is a flop, I'll be getting one since I don't like the keyboard design on the Passport and I've been waiting to get the physical call end and call send buttons. Not to mention the trackpad...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    We love BlackBerries, of course we don't care what people think.

I think the one thing missing, that would motivate BBOS users in significant numbers, is BIS. Offer that, and you'd see a major migration of the remaining, to all BB10 models currently available.
    12-07-14 12:50 PM
45 12