I was once a Bold 9900 fan and had a hard time switching to a Samsung Note 3. I have miserably failed to adjust with an all touch phone and am ready to get back to Blackberry. I was about to get Passport a month ago but then decided to wait for Classic to launch so as to have the opportunity to get the better of the two. Now I am really confused about which one to buy. I am a one phone man and don't like to change phones quickly. I primarily use my phone to browse the internet, write emails, blog posts and text messages, which often involve text editing. I like the look and feel of Passport and am also impressed with its speed, but I am not sure if I will be entirely happy with its keyboard. The Classic keyboard looks perfect (I haven't seen it in real yet) but I don't know if it can stand the test of time in terms of speed, multitasking and its suitability to future apps etc.

Can't we have a Passport with trackpad and tool belt?

Please help me make my mind as to which one I should buy.

Thanks
    12-24-14 08:38 AM
    probably not. go in store and try both
    12-24-14 08:45 AM
    I have a Classic and am extremely happy with it, but you will find also many passport users who will say the same about their device.

Just go to a store and try the Passport....if the size already is a no-go for you all discussion is over anyhow ;-)

Posted via CB10
    booker1953 likes this.
    12-24-14 09:19 AM
    Thanks. I don't mind the size at all. I am actually concerned about getting used to the Passport's keyboard for text editing. If that one thing is taken care of, I will surely prefer the Passport. The Classic appeals to me for its trackpad and tool belt, and since I have once experienced the usefulness of these in 9900 I want to ascertain that the Passport can offer me the same comfort and ease while using the keyboard.
    12-24-14 09:37 AM
    I came from a Galaxy S5>Q10>Classic. I can honestly say that the Classic is the best all around phone I've ever used! Whatever short comings the Q10 had the Classic has taken care of. Not sure if it's 10.3 or what, but the Android apps run seamless and you can even adjust the size of the app which I couldn't do on the Q10.

With all that being said, I will still be buying a Passport to take over all of my tablet duties.

Good Luck!

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 09:44 AM
    Passport all the way.

The Classic was built for corps with drone employees. It's just a cheap, workhorse ph that gets the job done.

Sadly, most ppl write off the PP after seeing one and polarized by it. Try it for a week and get used to it. It's truly a better product when you adjust to it.

For anybody that appreciates Premium display, processing power and other benefits, the Passport is da bomb!

Posted via CB10
    tagumcity likes this.
    12-24-14 09:52 AM
    Thanks. I don't mind the size at all. I am actually concerned about getting used to the Passport's keyboard for text editing. If that one thing is taken care of, I will surely prefer the Passport. The Classic appeals to me for its trackpad and tool belt, and since I have once experienced the usefulness of these in 9900 I want to ascertain that the Passport can offer me the same comfort and ease while using the keyboard.
    As a very happy Passport user, the one thing that I still miss is the trackpad for text editing. The capacitive keyboard is great for selecting text but then you still need to use the screen (at least in the current version of the OS) to select cut/copy/paste. Other than that, the Passport is a complete joy to use. Once you get accustomed to the key mapping, swiping down on the keys is perhaps even more efficient than the shift key and definitely feels fluid with the rest of the gesture based OS. It's a beautiful device and the way that they have tied the gestures in with the physical keyboard is just awesome. However, it doesn't have a trackpad...

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-24-14 10:04 AM
    If size is no issue at all, I'd go Passport. It is the flagship device.

Only hold back might be if you really really need precise cursor placement or End button. Then the trackpad Classic is your choice.
    12-24-14 10:15 AM
    It is a tough choice, really. I decided to get a Passport and, after having to send back my first unit, am now using my replacement device since about two months. You get used to the keyboard, there is a learning curve for sure, yet you really improve as you keep typing texts. Keyboard is very comfortable, thanks to the large keys. However I am not really sold by neither the virtual row, nor the way you type numbers and special characters. The size is another point which can be a pain at times. While I don't have a problem with it in general, there are situations where I really would like to have a more comfortable sized phone back in my hands.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 10:30 AM
    I am frighten by how much I like my BlackBerry Passport. It sleeps next to me; I use it for an alarm clock. More importantly, it is a Mobile Device. I get so many emails. Between BlackBerry Blend and my BlackBerry Passport, I can't say, 'I didn't see your email', I did......the 'down side' of having a BlackBerry. It took some getting use to, but it is completely worth it. I will be getting a BlackBerry Passport 2 (all touch would be ok).
    12-24-14 10:30 AM
    I have been using the Q10 for over a year then bought the Passport on release but sold it again after 4 weeks of use and went back to the Q10. Now I am a happy owner of the Classic. The Passport is a great device and I really enjoyed using it but I never enjoyed carrying it or handling it with one hand. It's only great when you sit down take your time and use both hands. But even though I became very fast typing on the Passport, I never reached the same level of accuracy and speed because the dedicated alt and shift buttons are just superior in my opinion.

Now I got the Classic not expecting much. The Q10 was my first BlackBerry ever, so I didn't miss the toolbelt at all. I still wanted to try it for the bigger and brighter screen.

Well about a week later I am pleasantly surprised how much I like it. I love the size and the overall build quality. They keyboard is even better than on the Q10.
    I am only using the toolbelt for calling, hanging up, text editing and occasionally the back button. I probably wouldn't miss the toolbelt much but is nice to have. After a week the battery seems to have settled in and it now lasts longer than my Q10 which got me through the day. I actually prefer not having a removable backdoor. On the Q10 is always felt a little flimsy and cheap.

The Classic is not perfect of course. While it runs well enough I wouldn't mind the extra power of the passport or a better camera but for the price you are getting a damn good smartphone and for me the best BB10 device yet. This device with more horse power, slightly larger screen (lose the BlackBerry logo on top) and a kick *** camera would be my absolute dream device.
    chipskuku and sam_tek like this.
    12-24-14 10:31 AM
    passport and classic r basically both aimed for enterprise users. with price difference $150 and better specs, passport is the bestest device so for in history of blackberry..
    12-25-14 02:48 AM
    In my opinion the Passport is too large to work with it one handed. It's sure a great device, but when it comes to mobility the Classic wins.

So if you work a lot on the go, get the Classic. You really can't make a mistake with it
    12-25-14 03:49 AM
    I am frighten by how much I like my BlackBerry Passport. It sleeps next to me; I use it for an alarm clock. More importantly, it is a Mobile Device. I get so many emails. Between BlackBerry Blend and my BlackBerry Passport, I can't say, 'I didn't see your email', I did......the 'down side' of having a BlackBerry. It took some getting use to, but it is completely worth it. I will be getting a BlackBerry Passport 2 (all touch would be ok).
    Yeah people don't buy that "I didn't get ur message" when u have a BlackBerry. I know my husband doesn't. Sigh.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    12-25-14 09:09 AM
    In my opinion the Passport is too large to work with it one handed. It's sure a great device, but when it comes to mobility the Classic wins.

So if you work a lot on the go, get the Classic. You really can't make a mistake with it
    Agree with u. A device is only good if it fits ur lifestyle.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    12-25-14 09:14 AM
    Glad to see some Happy Classic owners out there!!!!

I'm team Passport!

Executive Producer of the Peevishlicious Crew via my Canadian Passport
    12-25-14 09:23 AM
    The Passport user experience has a feeling of "depth", which "grows even deeper" the more you use it. By "depth" I mean it's going to take quite some time to realize the Passport's potential, and saturate the limits of the device's hardware & software. I miss the perfection of size and functionality of the Bold & Q10, very much so. I had planned to buy the Classic also, but I'm going to use that money for a set of top tiered ear buds. From a personal position of how I use a mobile device, the Passport is my choice.
    12-25-14 10:50 AM
    If size is no issue at all, I'd go Passport. It is the flagship device.

Only hold back might be if you really really need precise cursor placement or End button. Then the trackpad Classic is your choice.
    Agree with you. Awaiting my Classic. Passport I like but once don't have a pocket to carry it around it becomes a problem for me.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 11:18 AM
    if the Classic can take advantage of the processor the same way that my iphone does im sold. Ill be buying a Classic in Feb. Iphone only has a 1.3 dual core with 1 gig of ram and the Classic is a 1.5 dual core with 2 gigs of ram so im optimistic. The size is perfect for me
    12-25-14 11:20 AM
    if the Classic can take advantage of the processor the same way that my iphone does im sold. Ill be buying a Classic in Feb. Iphone only has a 1.3 dual core with 1 gig of ram and the Classic is a 1.5 dual core with 2 gigs of ram so im optimistic. The size is perfect for me
    yes just try it...I am sure you will not be disappointed..unless you want to go with high specs like the passport but big
    12-25-14 11:51 AM
    The classic is for you.
    12-25-14 01:58 PM
    I started with the Passport, loved it... got the classic to try and I think im going to stick with it, I also do the same tasks that you do and the Classic fits the bill perfectly

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 02:06 PM
    I have the classic, but I'm going to grab the passport tomorrow on sale for my tablet use.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 02:54 PM
    I have the classic, but I'm going to grab the passport tomorrow on sale for my tablet use.

Posted via CB10
    that will not replace a tablet
    12-25-14 03:21 PM
    Has everything I need that my iPad air has.

Just looking for a bigger screen for them relaxing times. Reading / browsing ect.

I don't play games, and I don't waste my time watching TV. Save that for when I have enough money to retire.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 03:31 PM
41 12