Ok... Your a trauma surgeon, yes? Honestly Bro... What patient of yours is going to REALLY be giving a holy carp about your charged-or not phone, or what kind it is and if your pocket packs a battery back up? When they come to see you, by the nature of your career choice, I'd hazard a guess that you're not dealing w/ 6 year old kids that have the sniffles and people with a little ouch issue... Really??

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean? When I'm about to go under the knife to treat a cerebral hematoma, the first thing I do is check my surgeon's phone to make sure that it is charged of course! Lol

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-25-15 12:53 PM
    [QUOTE=Trauma Surgeon;11583401]@IDSSteve - you make a great point about the "soft-end" to phone calls which, to be honest, I was hoping to ignore. However, your experience is a message I will not forget in future q10 use.

Is this REALLY a major issue? Someone has a brain cramp and forgets to hang up the phone properly and you're (seemingly) going to blame the phone for that? This scenario could happen with any phone- hard 'end' or buttery soft as a feather bed 'end' button. C'mon... It's hard to even think of a smartphone out there today that even has an hard 'end' button, except for the Classic and older BlackBerry phones. So that essentially means about 99% of all smartphones out there don't have a hard 'end' button. This scenario outlined on this issue could just as easily happened had the perpetrator not hit the 'hard end' button properly too. Here's your 'fix' for this... 'Pay Attention'.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 08:35 AM
    ... Have you got a reference for this statement? I'm afraid that the % of users this affects is considerable...
    How about your reference for saying that the number of users affected by this is considerable?

Quality under the skin.
    robert_in_la likes this.
    04-27-15 09:29 AM
    Been using a q10 for a day with my cut-down 9900 SIM. It feels like a Blackberry, some missing features and a different geometry to the keyboard. But overall very pleased. Just inserted second battery and have Hub aggregating my messages. Have purchased a second q10 as a backup just in case. The phone quality is excellent. Classic is of no use to me, sorry John.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 01:55 PM
    I asked for evidence of your statement "that is a trade-off BlackBerry calculated" - you provided none unfortunately. Try a battery pack and a fully charged extra battery and I think you will see the problem. The Classic (q20) will not last a day with moderate use.

So to users like myself it is a not professional product without the ability to take a replacement battery.
    Not sure what evidence you need as it won't change a thing that BB has already done.

In fact, the only evidence I can offer is the mobile phone industry is clearly moving away from removable batteries - it reduces production cost and the industry has done studies (which you can look up yourself) showing that the vast majority of consumers do not use a second battery.
    04-28-15 01:47 AM
    Understand. Blackberry users are not the vast majority of users. They are not even 1%

Q10 with second battery is my choice of 9900 upgrade due to keyboard, size of unit and replaceable battery.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 06:41 AM
    Usually my Classic last all day with moderate to heavy usage. Call me old-fashioned but I like to charge my phone when the battery is low.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    04-28-15 01:36 PM
    Understand. Blackberry users are not the vast majority of users. They are not even 1%

Q10 with second battery is my choice of 9900 upgrade due to keyboard, size of unit and replaceable battery.

Posted via CB10
    We were all hanging on the edge of our chairs waiting to hear your 'choice' and here we have it! Go forth and swapeth thine batteries with vigor and glee! :-)

Posted via CB10
    slagman5 likes this.
    04-28-15 02:13 PM
    We were all hanging on the edge of our chairs waiting to hear your 'choice' and here we have it! Go forth and swapeth thine batteries with vigor and glee! :-)

Posted via CB10
    Feature film to come to show this epic journey!

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-28-15 02:48 PM
    Hi AnimalPak200, you mentioned " that is a tradeoff BlackBerry calculated". Have you got a reference for this statement? I'm afraid that the % of users this affects is considerable. Begging a client or patient if "I can charge my phone" is really not acceptable for many professionals in medicine, surgery and finance. TS
    Times have changed. Why carry battery and charger specific to a phone when there's a billion cheap portable power that can charge phone, tablet, media player, etc. I'd rather just carry the portable power pack and leave phone on instead of shutting off to swap battery.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 03:44 PM
    Hi AnimalPak200, you mentioned " that is a tradeoff BlackBerry calculated". Have you got a reference for this statement? I'm afraid that the % of users this affects is considerable. Begging a client or patient if "I can charge my phone" is really not acceptable for many professionals in medicine, surgery and finance. TS
    I'll be honest with you, I used to work in the paging dept for a corporation of 6 hospitals. The amount of physicians using iPhone as their "pager" and constant communication tool is astounding. If I had to guess, out of all the doctors not using a traditional pager but rather a smartphone in which they get paged on, I would guess 75-80% of them are on iPhone. We know how bad iPhones (save for the 6 plus) are bad on battery life. If it's not an issue enough to get them to switch devices, then it's a non issue to manufacturers as well. Analysts are always kept aware of the corporate world and how people are using devices, so they can try to meet or exceed a fellow manufacturers' specs. I know it's unconventional, but I use a passport, and I don't have to charge for 1.5-2 days each time depending on use. The latest devices have great battery life. I would suggest that if you're worried about yours, grab a power bank USB charging device instead of being tied to a wall with a charger.

For the record, I have been in the financial sector now for 3 years, so I agree, with all the driving and running around, along with client appts I need a device that can give me all day use. The passport gives me well and above what I need for battery life.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 05:45 AM
    I thought the same going from Z10 to Z30. Then reality hit and I realized that I didn't need the extra or removable battery because when I actually used the Z30, I found it much better than my Z10 in terms of battery life and don't even think about it. I get about 2 days before I have to charge it again. Even in heavy use, I have never ran out of power for the day.

So you are talking about something that you perceive as a problem, even though you haven't even tried using it in the real world.
    04-29-15 05:52 AM
    And when the battery degrades (as they do) and you need to charge during the day? This is the key concern that professional users have.
    Batteries today take a long time to degrade. I have had the Z30 since it was released. It has been on since then and only rebooted when doing OS updates. I have seen no degradation in battery performance. So you are talking again about perceptions and not reality.
    04-29-15 05:58 AM
    No longer for regular consumers
    Disagree. It is more secure because of the basic OS design (sandboxing) and it's hardware<->software ties and it's boot and wipe features.
    04-29-15 06:00 AM
    Have you tried the phone? You're complaining about the battery life and yet you have never used it?

Buy a charging battery pack if you're that concerned about battery life. What's the difference between carrying that and extra batteries?
    I bought a Q10 and one extra battery about 2 years ago. Three months ago I bought also the Classic and used it for less than two months before shifting back to the Q10.

Why the shifting? The matter is all about what I can do when the battery is depleted:

With a Q10: just replace the battery and every thing is back to normal.

With a Classic: use a cable to connect to a mobile charger and wait - because with the cable you can't use the phone decently.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 07:11 AM
90 ... 234