So now I have my Classic, and after a full day of using it, I haven't found any reason I would not want to keep it. Having the toolbelt back is pretty awesome. So that begs the question, what should I do with my Q10? I usually like to have a backup phone, but I may never need one. What do you guys think? You might be seeing my Q10 with accessories in the marketplace soon. :-P

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    sportsbarismint likes this.
    12-24-14 06:17 PM
    Why not just keep it as a collection item?

#dirtythirty #naturalsound #CB10 #glassweave
    12-24-14 06:19 PM
    I would keep it as a backup. I have my Z10 as a backup just in case I drop my Z30. My brother has shattered the screen of his last two BlackBerry's from a drop.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 06:31 PM
    Why not just keep it as a collection item?

#dirtythirty #naturalsound #CB10 #glassweave
    I don't see a collector's purpose for technology. If it was an old car maybe. :-P

Plus, I still have my Bold 9000 somewhere in my drawer, lol.

12-24-14 06:32 PM
    I'm in the same boat. I don't ever see myself using my Q10 again? I have the special edition (white/gold) Q10 and a Bold 9900 in my night stand just collecting dust along with my iPhone 5 and Galaxy S5.... I'll probably sell all of these phones to fund the purchase of a new Passport which would be my tablet/backup?

The way I'm falling in love with the Classic, I'm not even certain I want a Passport anymore lol!

Decisions, decisions....

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 06:40 PM
    I'm in the same boat. I don't ever see myself using my Q10 again? I have the special edition (white/gold) Q10 and a Bold 9900 in my night stand just collecting dust along with my iPhone 5 and Galaxy S5.... I'll probably sell all of these phones to fund the purchase of a new Passport which would be my tablet/backup?

The way I'm falling in love with the Classic, I'm not even certain I want a Passport anymore lol!

Decisions, decisions....

Posted via CB10
    You'll be able to get a passport for all the devices you mentioned. Keep an eye out for boxing day sales at shop BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Lefty724 likes this.
    12-24-14 06:42 PM
    Keep it. I wish I kept my on phones.
    12-24-14 07:10 PM
    Sell it here at a good price.
    12-24-14 07:22 PM
    I would sell if you can sell it. Q10 was an okay device. But I can't see anyone choosing Q10 over the Classic.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    12-24-14 09:09 PM
    slagman the legend. We know your posts for many years! I was eying you for a long time. When will we see a hard review of your classic? And I mean with all the details? lol. Next year I will buy a Passport or classic.

Your question: I would sell it! Why? It's like keeping an ex girlfriend. The Q10 is a class of its own. Having it nearby is just wrong! Sell it, make money and keep the good memories.

My strategy is always having the best kiss goodbye the old device. Just my 2 cent! LOL
    DeliFresser likes this.
    12-24-14 09:36 PM
    slagman the legend. We know your posts for many years! I was eying you for a long time. When will we see a hard review of your classic? And I mean with all the details? lol. Next year I will buy a Passport or classic.

Your question: I would sell it! Why? It's like keeping an ex girlfriend. The Q10 is a class of its own. Having it nearby is just wrong! Sell it, make money and keep the good memories.

My strategy is always having the best kiss goodbye the old device. Just my 2 cent! LOL
    Lol, thanks for the advice and the compliments. I will definitely write a detailed review, but maybe delayed a bit because of the holidays. :-)

12-24-14 09:38 PM
    Lol, thanks for the advice and the compliments. I will definitely write a detailed review, but maybe delayed a bit because of the holidays. :-)

No big deal. Also, after a couple days/week, a review is better. I always like your comments about keyboard BB! I do have a Q10 and I am eyeing on a passport or classic. Yeah, just because of this issue we once chatted: Ending calls with no hassle!

May I ask? Even if it sounds strange: Does the Classic have "character"? You know what I mean? If you hold a Z30 or Q10 you know what I mean! I guess even a Passport. When you hold the Classic in your hand, lies on the table etc: Do you feel the passion for the Classic? Does it have this special "soul"?

Anyway, happy holidays and when you have your review, please give me a PM! It will be a good one, with the slagman-typical details!

Best
    12-24-14 09:46 PM
    No big deal. Also, after a couple days/week, a review is better. I always like your comments about keyboard BB! I do have a Q10 and I am eyeing on a passport or classic. Yeah, just because of this issue we once chatted: Ending calls with no hassle!

May I ask? Even if it sounds strange: Does the Classic have "character"? You know what I mean? If you hold a Z30 or Q10 you know what I mean! I guess even a Passport. When you hold the Classic in your hand, lies on the table etc: Do you feel the passion for the Classic? Does it have this special "soul"?

Anyway, happy holidays and when you have your review, please give me a PM! It will be a good one, with the slagman-typical details!

Best
    Your question about the Classic having a soul hits the nail on the head for me. I felt like my Bold 9900 had soul and loved that phone. My Q10 is great but I don't get the same feeling about it as I did my 9900. When I look at the Classic, I get that feeling again. But I haven't been able to justify spending money on another device when I have one that is working fine. But this "soul" might just do it for me.

I would keep the Q10 as a backup.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    12-24-14 10:11 PM
    Merry Christmas.

how is the battery compared to Q10? And does keyboard feel same like in Q10?

I've read in some threads that it is slower than Q10? Does it lag? Or stutter when scrolling?or opening native apps?Like scrolling in hub or browser.

I am waiting for it to be available in my area and interested to get it to replace my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 12:35 AM
    Merry Christmas.

how is the battery compared to Q10? And does keyboard feel same like in Q10?

I've read in some threads that it is slower than Q10? Does it lag? Or stutter when scrolling?or opening native apps?Like scrolling in hub or browser.

I am waiting for it to be available in my area and interested to get it to replace my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    The battery seems better to me. I was on the phone literally all day today. I had to work, but there was no work to be done, so I was actually on the phone testing things out, messaging, checking CB, etc, wifi on (with no wifi connection) mobile network on, NFC on, location services on, screen at max brightness, lift to wake, etc. All on, and the battery lasted.

I thought the keyboard would be the same as the Q10 given it's very similar in design (just thinner frets) and only slightly larger, but apparently that slight size difference does make a difference because I actually find it nicer to type on than the Q10.

The phone is absolutely not slower than the Q10. Whoever told you that is either mistaken or just trying to trash the phone. SOME things are such as universal search, and that's due to BB Assistant being integrated into it, I am sure they will optimize this further. But most other things are much better. Android apps run amazingly on the new OS. The browser also finally incorporated a lot of the function from legacy devices that went missing in BB10 so it makes browsing the internet so much more enjoyable. Using the call end key to minimize apps and the back key to close them is so much faster and simpler than swiping up, then trying to tap a tiny little x.

The trackpad is smaller than legacy devices and you do have to get used to doing the peek gesture starting from just left of the trackpad rather than from the center, but honestly it took me about 20 minutes to get accustomed to this so no complaints here.

All-in-all I'm very happy with it. I'll definitely post a more detailed review about this here and on Amazon later when I have more time.

12-25-14 01:22 AM
    Guess it depends -- how badly do you need cash? If a new Q10 can be purchases for $199, realistically how much can a used one go for?

Posted via CB10
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    12-25-14 02:41 AM
    Always have a backup phone.....always. Accidents happen and you Ned to be prepared. It's like "I just bought new tires, should I keep a spare?". AND, (if your life is like mine) the day after you sell it, you will drop your Classic in a toilet lol!

I personally keep 3 spare phones and will have 4 spares when I get my Classic.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 05:35 AM
    The battery seems better to me. I was on the phone literally all day today. I had to work, but there was no work to be done, so I was actually on the phone testing things out, messaging, checking CB, etc, wifi on (with no wifi connection) mobile network on, NFC on, location services on, screen at max brightness, lift to wake, etc. All on, and the battery lasted.

I thought the keyboard would be the same as the Q10 given it's very similar in design (just thinner frets) and only slightly larger, but apparently that slight size difference does make a difference because I actually find it nicer to type on than the Q10.

The phone is absolutely not slower than the Q10. Whoever told you that is either mistaken or just trying to trash the phone. SOME things are such as universal search, and that's due to BB Assistant being integrated into it, I am sure they will optimize this further. But most other things are much better. Android apps run amazingly on the new OS. The browser also finally incorporated a lot of the function from legacy devices that went missing in BB10 so it makes browsing the internet so much more enjoyable. Using the call end key to minimize apps and the back key to close them is so much faster and simpler than swiping up, then trying to tap a tiny little x.

The trackpad is smaller than legacy devices and you do have to get used to doing the peek gesture starting from just left of the trackpad rather than from the center, but honestly it took me about 20 minutes to get accustomed to this so no complaints here.

All-in-all I'm very happy with it. I'll definitely post a more detailed review about this here and on Amazon later when I have more time.

Thanks for answering. Think I'm sold for the Classic just a matter of time when I see it in shops here... if I see it.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 09:01 AM
    So, keep my Q10 as a backup or sell it??-sell.jpg

Posted via CB10
    flyingsolid likes this.
    12-25-14 10:25 AM
    I would keep it, just to play around with. I'm getting my Classic tomorrow, and I'm still keeping my Z30. I had to sell my HTC One M8 though to help cover cost for my Classic. I've had a Q10 as well, and that was an awesome device too.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    12-25-14 10:31 AM
    how do you like the classic compared to the one m8 thats the one android device i really liked i just sent back my note 4
    12-25-14 11:40 AM

Best
    Absolutely the Classic has soul. That was one of the first things I said to my husband after getting it "this phone has personality unlike my iphone 5 which has none".
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    12-25-14 12:19 PM
    keeping a spare phone is always a good idea, i'd keep it incase something goes wrong with your new phone or you drop it.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    12-25-14 02:12 PM
    Guess it depends -- how badly do you need cash? If a new Q10 can be purchases for $199, realistically how much can a used one go for?

Posted via CB10
    ^This

I haven't checked craigslist since the Classic launched, but I'd imagine you'd be lucky to get $100 for a used Q10. I'm going to keep my Q10's as backups; even though I'll probably never use them. If anything I could give it to a friend to try and bring them over to the BlackBerry platform
    12-25-14 04:56 PM
    ^This

I haven't checked craigslist since the Classic launched, but I'd imagine you'd be lucky to get $100 for a used Q10. I'm going to keep my Q10's as backups; even though I'll probably never use them. If anything I could give it to a friend to try and bring them over to the BlackBerry platform
    Yah, I don't figure to get much, but if it off-sets the amount I had to pay for the Classic (had about $400 in gift-card value with Amazon from last year's tax returns) and the accessories, I'd be pretty happy. :-)

12-25-14 05:06 PM
34 12