And I asked to see a model of the new Classic. There are none on the floor so I am directed to the manager. She tells me that even though the Classic has launched they will not be getting any in the store and that I need to order it online.

I'm currently using a Z30. I love this phone so unless I can physically hold the Classic to do a comparison looks like it's another no sale for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 12:41 PM
    Maybe you can find an AT&T corporate store in your location, and check to see if there are any models out on display to get a feel for the device.
    03-04-15 12:44 PM
    So the fact that the carrier makes a bad decision will keep you from buying the device? Take what a carrier rep tells you with a grain of salt and try calling a few other Verizon stores in your area and see if you get the same story, or if one of them has a floor model you can try to look at.
    stevepar likes this.
    03-04-15 12:44 PM
    I also just walked into a local corporate Verizon store seeking a screen protector and had a question regarding an edge agreement on my account...

Sales Rep: What can I help you with?

Me: Do you have any accessories, specifically screen protectors for this (hold up my Classic)?

SR: I don't even know what that is, we don't have that.

Me: Any accessories for it?

SR: We don't do anything with BlackBerry.

Me: You have two different blackberries on display right over there.

SR: That's just so people can see before ordering online

Me: Well can you answer this question about an edge agreement?

SR: Call customer service...

Me: Great! Thanks for all your help today!! /sarcasm

Posted via CB10 on my Big Red Classic!
    stevepar likes this.
    03-04-15 12:54 PM
    Complain to Verizon corporate if you don't like the service.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 01:07 PM
    just look at in att, they are carrying the classic and the passport in store. You got a z30 from verizon which for me at least was a huge hassle to find in a vzw store to try out before ordering online.
    03-04-15 02:33 PM
    Yea my advice to OP would be to check it out at AT&T. That's what I did on their launch day. And they had cases/accessories as well. I have heard that some AT&T stores are without demos though. May want to call ahead.

03-04-15 02:46 PM
    I guess what I'm trying to point out is that this is no way for BlackBerry to sell phones. They really need to work with these carriers and push to make their phones more visible.

They can't rely on their existing customer base. Obviously I will go to ATT and check out the Classic and the Passport. But I'm already a blackberry loyalist.

If you don't own a blackberry and you're a Verizon customer you'll never really get a look at their new phones.

Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 07:26 PM
    Verizon got the Classic for their enterprise customer base. Don't think they'll make much effort to sell outside of that as you've seen.
    03-04-15 07:32 PM
    The Verizon store rep I ordered my Classic from knew all about it the day they were available. In fact when we stopped in there last night he was using one as work phone. Should be getting mine tomorrow.
    03-04-15 07:42 PM
    Same with me went in the store they didn't have it on display rep went to the back and said they have 3 in the back and will be able to sale them tomorrow will be picking one up!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 08:19 PM
    Verizon stated in their announcement that it wouldn't be in stores until the 5th. Online on the 26th, stores on the 5th. Hopefully some stores will have in stock tomorrow. The one near me usually has decent inventory, even for BlackBerry devices. I just opened mine tonight from online order and I think I might need to exchange.
    Last edited by kjjb0204; 03-05-15 at 02:22 AM.
    03-04-15 10:29 PM
    I also just walked into a local corporate Verizon store seeking a screen protector and had a question regarding an edge agreement on my account...

Sales Rep: What can I help you with?

Me: Do you have any accessories, specifically screen protectors for this (hold up my Classic)?

SR: I don't even know what that is, we don't have that.

Me: Any accessories for it?

SR: We don't do anything with BlackBerry.

Me: You have two different blackberries on display right over there.

SR: That's just so people can see before ordering online

Me: Well can you answer this question about an edge agreement?

SR: Call customer service...

Me: Great! Thanks for all your help today!! /sarcasm

Well...... the rep does have a point- sales and service your question could be answered best by customer service or if you go review your own paperwork. I'm also quite sure you were being sly and coy due to her lack of knowledge regarding Blackberry. Don't dish it if you can't handle it, I'm also quite sure the way you brought up your inquiry for help with the edge agreement that you were being sarcastic so why would the sales rep try to go above and beyond. I H A T E when people complain it's sooooo weak minded to me, handle your business and keep it moving I see people treat CSR's like crap thinking they entitled and someone needs to kiss their a$s lol Ummm no do your own research I'm sure your edge agreement has a contact # to call if you have inquiry and it's no secret most in the mobile industry all but forgotten about blackberry it is what it is, we need to stop beating each other up with our own internal expectations then crying about it because " we feel" stop feeling and stick to the facts. You were assisted you didn't like it, no one forces you to be a customer.........life is voluntary

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    stevepar likes this.
    03-05-15 12:09 AM
    Well...... the rep does have a point- sales and service your question could be answered best by customer service or if you go review your own paperwork. I'm also quite sure you were being sly and coy due to her lack of knowledge regarding Blackberry. Don't dish it if you can't handle it, I'm also quite sure the way you brought up your inquiry for help with the edge agreement that you were being sarcastic so why would the sales rep try to go above and beyond. I H A T E when people complain it's sooooo weak minded to me, handle your business and keep it moving I see people treat CSR's like crap thinking they entitled and someone needs to kiss their a$s lol Ummm no do your own research I'm sure your edge agreement has a contact # to call if you have inquiry and it's no secret most in the mobile industry all but forgotten about blackberry it is what it is, we need to stop beating each other up with our own internal expectations then crying about it because " we feel" stop feeling and stick to the facts. You were assisted you didn't like it, no one forces you to be a customer.........life is voluntary

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    Unbelievable. A customer has the right to expect BASIC knowledge about a product ON DISPLAY when they walk in to a store.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 06:17 AM

Wow... you must be a millennial.

I feel sorry for anyone that ever offers you employment,.. or at least I seriously hope it does not involve interaction with any prospective customers deciding whether or not to spend their money at the establishment/service, providing it the revenue it necessitates to pay your wages.

In other words. The customer IS entitled (by virtue of the fact that they pay) to proper service, and the employee IS NOT entitled to any job.

But don't tell that to young people, nowadays.

Posted via CB10
    jfolland and Vintage123 like this.
    03-05-15 06:35 AM
    I'm pretty sure they aren't even supposed to go on sale IN STORES until today! Maybe they'll have the today
    03-05-15 06:38 AM

As a former Verizon sales rep, I only expect the level of service that I provided to EVERY customer. If I didn't know an answer, I'd do my job and work to find an answer. If I didn't have a product, I'd see what I could do to get it in the store for the customer. Everyone knows they can buy stuff online, people walk into the store for other reasons.

donmateo likes this.
    03-05-15 06:48 AM
    Verizon got the Classic for their enterprise customer base. Don't think they'll make much effort to sell outside of that as you've seen.
    Sad

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    03-05-15 06:59 AM
    Wow... you must be a millennial.

I feel sorry for anyone that ever offers you employment,.. or at least I seriously hope it does not involve interaction with any prospective customers deciding whether or not to spend their money at the establishment/service, providing it the revenue it necessitates to pay your wages.

In other words. The customer IS entitled (by virtue of the fact that they pay) to proper service, and the employee IS NOT entitled to any job.

But don't tell that to young people, nowadays.

Posted via CB10
    No, I'm just not a crybaby. ......some folk just want to complain, get a life. .......

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 : PIN 2BFE4937 : T-Mobile 4G LTE
    Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    03-05-15 10:53 AM