I understand that when BBW went "free only" purchased apps would no longer be available.

But when this happened, all my purchased items vanished. All of them. Free ones. Paid ones. Everything in My World, gone. I had over 100 apps and games, some free, some paid, all gone.

Needless to say, I was not pleased. I said screw it, and just kept plugging away at my Keyone.

But now, I want to take a peek into my Classic. Did everyone lose all their purchases?
    02-07-19 01:24 PM
    hello, it's strange, for me all the applications is on bbw.
    02-07-19 01:32 PM
    My purchase history is empty. There are free apps in BBW, but anything tied to my account are gone.
    02-07-19 01:50 PM
    My purchase history is empty. There are free apps in BBW, but anything tied to my account are gone.
    That shouldn't happen. My stuff is still all there.
    02-07-19 02:48 PM
    Well this is a major bummer for me. I assumed everyone's account was toasted. So I just didn't bother with bb10 or my playbook anymore. Now that it appears I lost everything for no good reason, I don't know how to react. There's virtually no support anymore, so who can I contact about this? I'm likely super screwed regardless, but if I could get my apps back, I would back them all up.

That shouldn't happen. My stuff is still all there.
    02-07-19 03:08 PM
    Well this is a major bummer for me. I assumed everyone's account was toasted. So I just didn't bother with bb10 or my playbook anymore. Now that it appears I lost everything for no good reason, I don't know how to react. There's virtually no support anymore, so who can I contact about this? I'm likely super screwed regardless, but if I could get my apps back, I would back them all up.
    Are you certain you are using the same BBID as when you made your purchases?
    02-07-19 03:09 PM
    100% certain.

I've been using the same BBID since the Bold 9900.

I have all my receipts in my inbox dating back to 2010.

Are you certain you are using the same BBID as when you made your purchases?
    02-07-19 03:14 PM
    100% certain.

I've been using the same BBID since the Bold 9900.

I have all my receipts in my inbox dating back to 2010.
    As an experiment, try searching for one of your paid apps via Google, and then opening the bbw link.
    02-07-19 03:16 PM
    I'll try this evening when I can get hands on my device. Good idea.
    As an experiment, try searching for one of your paid apps via Google, and then opening the bbw link.
    02-07-19 03:18 PM
    Good idea.
    I randomly hit across one every now and then. It's pure numbers.
    Last edited by conite; 02-07-19 at 04:18 PM.
    02-07-19 03:21 PM
    try apk version.

BlackBerr Passport
    02-07-19 03:29 PM
    I randomly hit across one every now and then. It's pure numbers.
    So I tried this. The apps/games appear but want purchase.

I want to update my previous 100% certain about bbid. I'm dropping it to 99%.

Going to try a different bbid shortly and see how it reacts.

Thanks.
    02-07-19 04:52 PM
    Still nothing.

So, been going through some links from crackberry, getting direct BBW access to apps. The links work well. Found Need for Speed for playbook, which is free. Tried to download to my Playbook, and get install error: [0004]. All other links to paid apps want me to pay.

I got in touch with BB Help on twitter. Will see if they can figure out anything.
    02-07-19 05:58 PM
    Just to see, I checked on my Z10. All my apps still show under the "Available" tab.

I even re-downloaded BeBuzz Pro, which I hadn't used since BB10 finally allowed setting custom LED notification natively years ago. .
    02-07-19 06:35 PM
    I just confirmed that the six apps I downloaded over the past 6 years are all still available on my Z10. With the demise of Connect to Microsoft OneDrive, I don't use any non-stock apps anymore. The good news is I won't care when BlackBerry World is no longer available. I can just factory reset my phone, and I'll be good to go.

Still it's weird that your apps aren't available. The ONLY thing I can imagine is that they were downloaded with a different BBID. Are you sure they were installed on the same phone with the same BBID?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    02-07-19 07:06 PM
    Definitely not the same devices. I've been using this BBID since 2012. Maybe earlier. Bold 9900, Playbook, z10, z30, classic, passport. Purchases on all these devices.

Once in a while, I would fire up a device, use my bbid then play around with apps for a bit. Then after a week or two, get bored and back in the drawer it goes.

Around the time of App World going free, grabbed a device and everything is gone. I assumed it happened to everyone. But it did seem odd at the lack of outrage. Now I know why, it didn't happen like this to others.

I just confirmed that the six apps I downloaded over the past 6 years are all still available on my Z10. With the demise of Connect to Microsoft OneDrive, I don't use any non-stock apps anymore. The good news is I won't care when BlackBerry World is no longer available. I can just factory reset my phone, and I'll be good to go.

Still it's weird that your apps aren't available. The ONLY thing I can imagine is that they were downloaded with a different BBID. Are you sure they were installed on the same phone with the same BBID?

02-07-19 07:44 PM
    Definitely not the same devices. I've been using this BBID since 2012. Maybe earlier. Bold 9900, Playbook, z10, z30, classic, passport. Purchases on all these devices.
    Don't think how long you had the ID matters. I've had my BBID since it was introduced with BBW 2.0 in mid-2010, right after I got my Torch 9800.
    02-07-19 08:20 PM

Once in a while, I would fire up a device, use my bbid then play around with apps for a bit. Then after a week or two, get bored and back in the drawer it goes.

Around the time of App World going free, grabbed a device and everything is gone. I assumed it happened to everyone. But it did seem odd at the lack of outrage. Now I know why, it didn't happen like this to others.
    I don't know if the apps downloaded from one platform would transfer to another, but all the BB10 ones certainly should be available for download.

Just to be thorough:

1) Make sure you're logged in with the correct BBID on BB10.

2) Open BlackBerry World app.

3). Open lower left hamburger menu

4) Select "My World"

5). Select "My Apps and Games"

6) Select "Available" tab.

When I do that, all the apps I have downloaded in BB10 with that BBID are available for download.

02-07-19 09:40 PM
    Mine is empty. Playbook App World is empty. Classic App World is empty. I log into BBW on my PC through a browser and it's empty.
    I don't know if the apps downloaded from one platform would transfer to another, but all the BB10 ones certainly should be available for download.

Just to be thorough:

1) Make sure you're logged in with the correct BBID on BB10.

2) Open BlackBerry World app.

3). Open lower left hamburger menu

4) Select "My World"

5). Select "My Apps and Games"

6) Select "Available" tab.

When I do that, all the apps I have downloaded in BB10 with that BBID are available for download.

02-08-19 08:16 AM
    Mine is empty. Playbook App World is empty. Classic App World is empty. I log into BBW on my PC through a browser and it's empty.
    No idea. The only way I can see that happening under normal circumstances is if you BBID was deleted and later recreated. I would definitely try to persist in getting support escalated to the BlackBerry World maintenance team. Good Luck!!

DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    02-08-19 09:11 AM
    No idea. The only way I can see that happening under normal circumstances is if you BBID was deleted and later recreated. I would definitely try to persist in getting support escalated to the BlackBerry World maintenance team. Good Luck!!

I was wondering if at some point it was deleted. I have a couple bbid for BBM on android/iphone, but I never made purchases on any account other than this one.

I checked thru PlayBook App World at payment settings, and it's still configured the way it's always been. If the account was deleted and re-created, then my payment settings would be blank, I would think.

BB Help on twitter is looking into the issue for me. Let's see what comes of this.
    02-08-19 09:19 AM
    Blackberry Twitter help sent me to link for support. I call the number and they basically say there is no support for App World. So sorry.
    02-08-19 01:45 PM
    i can give you apps that works smoothly on classic sir...
    02-15-19 07:16 PM
    Blackberry Twitter help sent me to link for support. I call the number and they basically say there is no support for App World. So sorry.
    DOCTOR, I'd swear I posted on this but can't seem to find the post. Just to double-check: when you open BBW, select My World, go to My Apps & Games, wait a few minutes for BBW to load everything, then select the Available tab....you see absolutely nothing?
    02-18-19 01:22 PM
    DOCTOR:
    Did you use that same BBID on your Keyone? And then go back to a BB10 device still with that same BBID? If so, that may be your problem; once you use a BBID on a non-BB10 device, you can't go back to BB10 and keep using it.

Since you say you kept all your receipts, you may be able to contact each app dev and ask about re-installing something you paid for from the dev's own website or Github. Some of the devs still read and post to the forums here, so search for them at CB and on the web. Most of them should honor proof of payment from BBW if you explain your circumstances.

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    02-18-19 04:37 PM
40 12