Finally got around the getting my Classic yesterday. Got my email, etc all set up on it after I left the AT&T store.....only to find that the thing won't charge or even be recognized on either of my computers. Faulty micro USB port hopefully? I've literally tried everything (different cable, charge, computer, reboots/restarts).

Bad news is that it was the last one in the AT&T store, so when I take it back I'll probably be waiting a few days to get a replacement. I use an iPhone 6 Plus for my main device but was just ready to have an email powerhouse again for everything business....
    06-23-15 08:17 AM
    Sorry about your luck. It happens unfortunately
    06-23-15 08:19 AM
    Finally got around the getting my Classic yesterday. Got my email, etc all set up on it after I left the AT&T store.....only to find that the thing won't charge or even be recognized on either of my computers. Faulty micro USB port hopefully? I've literally tried everything (different cable, charge, computer, reboots/restarts).

Bad news is that it was the last one in the AT&T store, so when I take it back I'll probably be waiting a few days to get a replacement. I use an iPhone 6 Plus for my main device but was just ready to have an email powerhouse again for everything business....
    Was it a floor model/pre-opened? (Did you observe the ATT employee perform the unboxing?) I am leary about the 'last in stock' models.

If you call ATT customer care won't they send you one next day as a replacement. I've never used ATT, but my carrier would next day ship me a new device while waiving shipping fees. That is unacceptable... If not is there another ATT location nearby? I'd call the ATT store of purchase, check on their status as of today for the Classic (see if they had any restocking shipments today that included the device) and then if not call another ATT location, check their stock and then call customer care and have them advise at their level a device swap from another location. They should be able to work one of those angles... Remain polite and firm and you should have a fix. If you need to, don't hesitate to escalate the call or ask for a store manager, they are the ones with the pull to give access to what you ultimately need anyways...

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 08:25 AM
    Yes, it was brand new, out of the box. I saw him remove it from the box and it still had the plastic around it. I'll head back over to the store at 10am when they open today and see what they could do...just kind of a PITA for the first day of owning it....thanks!
    06-23-15 08:35 AM
    You should try some troubleshooting first.
    Have you tried to reboot the phone?
    It won't charge even with the wall charger that it came with?
    You tried it on a different usb port on the computer?

Sorry just saw you did. Exchange it hopefully it works.
    Final thing to try: a security wipe on the phone.
    Last edited by mad_mdx; 06-23-15 at 09:21 AM.
    06-23-15 09:07 AM
    Make sure you're using the USB cable that came with the classic. For some reason my computer won't recognize my classic unless I use one of my BlackBerry USB cables.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    06-23-15 01:13 PM
    Make sure you're using the USB cable that came with the classic. For some reason my computer won't recognize my classic unless I use one of my BlackBerry USB cables.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    I have no trouble charging my Classic (or my Passport before that) with a 6ft extension cable and a different 3ft micro USB cable via my PS4...for whatever reason. Haven't had an issue with generic cables yet (though the Sony PS4 USB cable is probably a bit more decent than some).

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 05:03 PM