Don't get me wrong, but just the OS with it's basic features requires at least 700 MB of RAM. So a RAM value of 1.3 GB is possible right after a reboot, but never 1.5 GB (maybe if the Android runtime was not initialized). But as soon as you run any app, memory parts are allocated and background services are started. This results in around 900 MB of free RAM on a 2GB device.
    Yes, with Gapps load that is what I had. I'm not knowledgeable enough to tell you why I have 1.5gb vs 900mb. The only thing I "might" be doing different is turning off all apps that run in the back ground, only using 50-60 apps and removing the IMP/nuance files from the OS.

There is actually 2.147gb of RAM so you calculations are correct.

Could be the combination of running Gmaps and what ever apps I opened before and after bogged my phone down. It starts slowing down when it gets under 300-400mb.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 11:37 AM
    I never had less than 800 MB of RAM on my Q10 and I have the full Google Stack installed. No idea how you achieve to get only 300 MB RAM.

And removing nuance files does definitely not free RAM. It only frees space on your SD card. But any way, do what works best for you.

One more thing: on a screenshot in your other thread there is Snap using over 250 MB of disc space. That is something that should concern you. Play Store only uses 26 MB.
    07-17-15 12:07 PM
    I never had less than 800 MB of RAM on my Q10 and I have the full Google Stack installed. No idea how you achieve to get only 300 MB RAM.

And removing nuance files does definitely not free RAM. It only frees space on your SD card. But any way, do what works best for you.

One more thing: on a screenshot in your other thread there is Snap using over 250 MB of disc space. That is something that should concern you. Play Store only uses 26 MB.
    I know it has no affect on the memory use, just saying in case anyone knew something other wise.

I doesn't take long to use up 600mb of memory (assuming 900mb to start with). A 1+ hour trip and using other apps afterwards, i.e. media that upload/download image or audio files. 10 TW and 2 FB accounts will do it. Of course most that is done on a PC except when I'm mobile.

Google Play isn't the only app needed to run Gapps. There are 5 apps I can not remember them but the voice app is the big one and I deleted another 10+ apk apps that needed Gplay to work.
    07-17-15 01:13 PM
    Did you do a hard re boot after deleting them? ...
    Posted via CB10
    If by Hard Reboot you mean that trick with holding the volume keys down, then No. I just restarted the phone via Top Button and then selecting "restart" from the options presented on the screen.

I should clarify that my original understanding (maybe mistaken) of your Memory (volatile, not the long-term storage that gets wiped when you restart the phone) usage was based on having Cobalt's Play Store (and related G Apps) just 'installed', and not it/them, or any other Google Apps, actually running. ....just in case there is a misunderstanding.

Running Play Store used up just a few megs on my phone.
    07-17-15 01:22 PM
    If by Hard Reboot you mean that trick with holding the volume keys down, then No. I just restarted the phone via Top Button and then selecting "restart" from the options presented on the screen.

I should clarify that my original understanding (maybe mistaken) of your Memory (volatile, not the long-term storage that gets wiped when you restart the phone) usage was based on having Cobalt's Play Store (and related G Apps) just 'installed', and not it/them, or any other Google Apps, actually running. ....just in case there is a misunderstanding.

Running Play Store used up just a few megs on my phone.
    During this install/uninstall I found that sometimes one (1) reboot would not clear everything out so I would have to reboot more than one (1) time in order to clear the phone. I would then check it after each reboot to see. Try it you will see what I mean. I mentioned in one of my postings I rebooted 3 times. I "think" Ram Optimumizer will only clean the bar files and Clean Master will only clean the apk files.

............I ran the optimumizer (Edit: and Clean Master) at least 3 times when google play was on my device and re booted after each application. Then I took a screen shot.

I removed the Google apps, Gmaps and 2 other apps that I loaded through Gplay. Ran optimumizer, re booted and snap shot. Edit: Actually ran it (both Ram Optimumizer and Clean Master) 3 times also. I later deleted a total of 10+ Gapps that I found would not run without Gplay on the device

Posted via CB10
    Again I don't know why my phone did what it did and I would love to have Gplay on it.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 07-17-15 at 01:52 PM.
    07-17-15 01:30 PM
    Without the Gapps I have 1.5gb available before running anything. With Gplay apps I gave less than 900mg.

Posted via CB10
    After a hard reset & your device is at 1.5, after using it for a few hours, where does it end up? I know it doesn't stay at the 1.5.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 01:54 PM
    After a hard reset & your device is at 1.5, after using it for a few hours, where does it end up? I know it doesn't stay at the 1.5.

Posted via CB10
    The 1.5gb is the FREE space. Here is my screen shot as of 12.20pm today. I "think" i rebooted my device last night or this morning so I used up a lot of memory and I'm at home where I would normally use my PC.

As you can see I used up 700mb of memory since reboot. That is why my phone was slowing down with Gplay and all the Gapps.
    Snap or Cobalt' Play Store-img_20150717_122114.pngSnap or Cobalt' Play Store-img_20150717_122214.pngSnap or Cobalt' Play Store-img_20150717_122248.pngSnap or Cobalt' Play Store-img_20150717_122309.pngSnap or Cobalt' Play Store-img_20150717_122401.png
    07-17-15 02:32 PM
    Tried to load the latest screen shots but CB holding for Mod review.
    Screen shot show before clean, and after one (1) reboot and finally after the second (2nd) reboot. The screen shot will show it dropping 300-400mb on the screen shot for the second reboot.

After all said and done in order to get a true reading of the available memory you ave to reboot 2 times.

So how come it changes rebooting back to back? I don't know. It is what it is.
    Snap or Cobalt' Play Store-img_20150717_122401.pngSnap or Cobalt' Play Store-img_20150717_123710.pngSnap or Cobalt' Play Store-img_20150717_124605.pngSnap or Cobalt' Play Store-img_20150717_124845.png
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 07-17-15 at 04:12 PM.
    07-17-15 03:07 PM
    You seem to be confused. The screenshots tell us that 1.3 GB of RAM is used and 700 MB of RAM is free.

Below is a screenshot of my RAM footprint, with ALL Google apps installed. I clearly do have more free RAM than you have.
    Attached Thumbnails Snap or Cobalt' Play Store-1437163869022.jpg  
    07-17-15 03:16 PM
    After all said and done in order to get a true reading of the available memory you ave to reboot 2 times.
    I'm clearly not seeing your point.
    Yes, immediately after a reboot the phone will show less ram being used, but eventually without you doing anything that will change as various services begin to run in the background. Also, opening and closing a few apps will add to this. This is natural as far as I know and will not affect the performance of your device.
    Based on what you have shown, I do not think all that you have removed has really impacted your normal resting free ram. The performance of your phone would not have changed.

Posted via CB10
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    07-17-15 03:52 PM
    Not quite sure why that post got thrown in to moderation by our software but since you got it posted on the second try I deleted the Moderated copy.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    07-17-15 06:43 PM
    Cobalt...

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 03:53 PM
    Cobalt's Play Store obviously is far better in terms of having your phone basically act and operate as if it was an Android device, but I prefer Snap for its native feel and flow. No harm really in having both on your phone apart from losing a bit of space.
    07-28-15 04:43 PM
    I am seriously considering getting the z30 and I'm Android right now the only things I want to be able to do is buy my music from the play store and be able to listen to my music on the cloud there is like 2 Android apps I want I which these will allow me to do those things?
    08-05-15 12:48 PM
39 12