10-11-14 05:23 AM
61 123
tools
    Oh it's true and it's time to get serious here.

I love reading your comment about the great BB keyboards. Alo here, i had a Q10 but missed the tool belt! We, both were happy about the announcement of the BB Classic! Now we can push our lovely "end" button, etc.

But I read also many things about the Pasport! I am 50 50 here. Slagman5, what is your take? Still 100% for the Classic???

Please take some time and give me your strategy paper here!

Thanks in advance
    08-03-14 08:19 PM
    well who the heck is slagman5? Lol, if anyone is looking forward to the classic, that's me! Anyway, I am also 50/50 now after reading, and reading about the passport. However, I don't see a reason why I can't have both.
    08-03-14 08:42 PM
    well who the heck is slagman5? Lol, if anyone is looking forward to the classic, that's me! Anyway, I am also 50/50 now after reading, and reading about the passport. However, I don't see a reason why I can't have both.
    What an IMPACT!!! Well, zocster! Welcome also!!!

I love reading slagmans posts. He showed some steel in some fun fights about why it's good to have a tool belt! And I missed it to at the Q10. Just to finish a call ASAP!!! and many other examples.

But of course any gentlemen here can contribute!!! Because again, Blackberry is doing something I already felt. My legendary "Q10 or Z30" thread. There was a time where I switched between these two devices. I wanted just one. But was also here 50 50.

Well. I sold my Q10 and have a great Z30. But I am looking to a devices where an old schooler like me, can push buttons. Period.

Of course, the winner was here: Classic. But since 2 months I am PUMPED UP reading the Passport threads and articles. Imagine having something new. Where many mainstream users are envying A BlackBerry with a unique design. As slagman says: another chocolate bar glass slab. LOL!

I don't know. Classic or Passpwrt. It will be a BRUTAL fight. Reading "hands on", threads, articles , reviews on Amazin, etc. It will be a fight.

I am interested in your views. What will you buy?
    zocster, Mr4aces and acovey like this.
    08-03-14 09:40 PM
    What an IMPACT!!! Well, zocster! Welcome also!!!

I love reading slagmans posts. He showed some steel in some fun fights about why it's good to have a tool belt! And I missed it to at the Q10. Just to finish a call ASAP!!! and many other examples.

But of course any gentlemen here can contribute!!! Because again, Blackberry is doing something I already felt. My legendary "Q10 or Z30" thread. There was a time where I switched between these two devices. I wanted just one. But was also here 50 50.

Well. I sold my Q10 and have a great Z30. But I am looking to a devices where an old schooler like me, can push buttons. Period.

Of course, the winner was here: Classic. But since 2 months I am PUMPED UP reading the Passport threads and articles. Imagine having something new. Where many mainstream users are envying A BlackBerry with a unique design. As slagman says: another chocolate bar glass slab. LOL!

I don't know. Classic or Passpwrt. It will be a BRUTAL fight. Reading "hands on", threads, articles , reviews on Amazin, etc. It will be a fight.

I am interested in your views. What will you buy?
    I see, I see your points! And I am soo tempted in getting both, but I am leaning towards the classic first and foremost. If anything were to happen and I could only get one device (God forbid), then that will be the classic.

Not only BlackBerry will bring out the best OS in 10.3.1, I have a feeling it will be a slim one also, specs wise it may not need a high end processor.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-03-14 09:46 PM
    im getting the classic no question. The passport while neat does not fit the need for physcial call end/send buttons so for me its a no brainer classic all the way. another point is the size of the classic looks pocketable the passport to me does not.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-03-14 09:47 PM
    I am buying the classic! To me, it's the 9900 + Q10 in one only better! I will still play with the PP to see how it feels but no need to test the Classic. I already know I will love it

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    08-03-14 09:47 PM
    If I was to get a phone with a physical keyboard it would be the classic hands down.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-03-14 09:51 PM
    Physical end key, by itself, will make Q20 my personal go to phone for calls. Single handed capabilities mean I might buy two Q20s. One for each hand. .

Passport will likely join my PlayBook for desk only service. If I'm going to dedicate both hands to operating a device, I'll need a desk to set the coffee cup on. .

Just gotta convince management to see it that way too... .
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-03-14 11:55 PM
    What the? Lol

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Mr4aces and 3_M4N like this.
    08-04-14 12:45 AM
    What the? Lol

I think @fistmaster wants your opinion yet again in this thread

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-04-14 12:49 AM
    I think @fistmaster wants your opinion yet again in this thread

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    Um, yes, I think I got that. It was just weird when I browsed the forums and saw my name, I thought I was in trouble, haha.

lift, Mr4aces, pttptppt and 3 others like this.
    08-04-14 12:57 AM
    Um, alright, now that I've been put on the spot, lol. There's 2 main things that keeps me from wanting a Passport. First is the lack of the physical call and hang up button. I dealt with it with the Q10 because frankly, those of us who want the physical keyboard had no other option. But now that won't be the case when the Classic comes out.

The second issue is the modified keyboard. I've used the BB Z10 for a good week before giving it to my mother, and despite people trying to tell you how swiping to see symbols is somehow faster than reaching for the alt key at the same time as you type the last regular letter, I can tell you that 100% it isn't... Especially if I need to type multiple symbols in a row it gets more and more annoying. So I don't like how they removed the most used symbols from the keyboard. Adding a "virtual" row on the screen just sounds counter-intuitive to me. Make the keyboard shorter so you can have a bigger screen but occupy part of that screen with what you made your keyboard missing... I know it's not there all of the time, but had they put a full keyboard on it, that virtual row will NEVER be there. the only time you'd see a virtual board is when you hit the sym key to get to the less used symbols, which isn't too often.

And I've made mock ups using a full keyboard and it actually only adds a few mere mm's to the overall size of the device, would literally make no noticeable difference while you're using it.

Lastly, the way the squeezed the space bar in between the V and B means they pushed the right half of the last row of the keyboard to the right so now the keys are no longer arranged the same in relation to each other. Muscle memory already tells me that the B is under the H, N is under the J, and M is under the K. The new Passport keyboard now has B under the J, N under the K, and M under the L... I know with some time you will relearn the new setup, but I just don't feel the need for this and wouldn't want to since the keyboard at home wouldn't change with it, and if I pick up my mom's phone or my friend's phone, now their keyboards will be different than what my muscle memory remembers if I get used to the Passport keyboard.

I always like to keep my muscle memory universal, and this applies to more than just my phone usage.

Regarding the Classic, I do want to wait and see what specs it'll have, but chances are I'll be getting one. But it does depend, if the specs are bad, I'll wait for the next device and hold on to my Q10 for a little bit...

08-04-14 01:10 AM
    All we need now is a thread like this for II ARROWZ, 018125 and Zerobarrier. Then we can have a fair and balanced opinion on how the Passport keyboard for sure is a bad design decision.
    Because reading the exact same arguments in every Passport thread, without them having actually used it, or knowing the reason behind it's design, always makes for some great discussions.

Who cares about the hands-on previews that say it actually works really well, we need more speculation!

Channel: C0007CC89 | CB10 signed.
    bBOLD723 likes this.
    08-04-14 01:22 AM
    All we need now is a thread like this for II ARROWZ, 018125 and Zerobarrier. Then we can have a fair and balanced opinion on how the Passport keyboard for sure is a bad design decision.
    Because reading the exact same arguments in every Passport thread, without them having actually used it, or knowing the reason behind it's design, always makes for some great discussions.

Who cares about the hands-on previews that say it actually works really well, we need more speculation!

A "fair and balanced" OPINION? You do realize that by its very nature an opinion is never really balanced or fair since it's completely subjective?
    :-P

lift, s2by10 and donemt like this.
    08-04-14 01:25 AM
    I really can not wait for the classic going to be an early christmas present for myself.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces, Frehley and Plazmic Flame like this.
    08-04-14 01:33 AM

Speculative opinion is virtually ALL we have to go on, for the Q20. Some of us don't have the luxury of waiting till the facts are in, this November, before decisions are forced on us. Ready, or not. That's just life in a corporate environment, for some of us.

Slagman was asked for an opinion. He answered in his typically honest fashion. I, for one, appreciate the input. Most here are mature enough to understand that no "mere mortal" can speak from hands on experience with the Q20.

Unfortunately, speculation and valued opinions are ALL I have to influence management into waiting till November before shoving awful Casio's into our hands. Real facts would be better but SOME speculative opinions are all we have. That's just life in the info vacuum realm.
    zocster and Mr4aces like this.
    08-04-14 06:19 AM
    How I feel these days:
    Slagman5 - opinion on Classic Vs Passport-53265380.jpg

Slagman5 - opinion on Classic Vs Passport-53265397.jpg

Well, first thanks for all the comments! Really interesting. And also Slagman for your brutal to honest answer. But I am still 50 50 here.

I guess I must see the specs. But Slagman, you can be sure that the specs will be way better than the Q10. You really would wait another device??? I can't believe that.

For me, the end/call Button are very important. I want to hang up a call ASAP. Not pushing the device away, waiting until the screen comes up, looking where the "end" button is and trying to push it without haptical feel. I just wanna make 1 step. Also we do have the trackpad, BB button for menu, etc. I am very packed to see some videos here and especially the BB product page! I guess I will be sold by BB's product pages.

One the other hand, the Passport is something new, and I wanna try that one out also. But the question is here: Which device is made longterm? Will I regret the passport after 4 months without a decent "end button"??? We will see. Will will see!
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    08-04-14 06:53 AM
    How I feel these days:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	53265380.jpg 
Views:	968 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	288851

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	53265397.jpg 
Views:	963 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	288852

Well, first thanks for all the comments! Really interesting. And also Slagman for your brutal to honest answer. But I am still 50 50 here.

I guess I must see the specs. But Slagman, you can be sure that the specs will be way better than the Q10. You really would wait another device??? I can't believe that.

For me, the end/call Button are very important. I want to hang up a call ASAP. Not pushing the device away, waiting until the screen comes up, looking where the "end" button is and trying to push it without haptical feel. I just wanna make 1 step. Also we do have the trackpad, BB button for menu, etc. I am very packed to see some videos here and especially the BB product page! I guess I will be sold by BB's product pages.

One the other hand, the Passport is something new, and I wanna try that one out also. But the question is here: Which device is made longterm? Will I regret the passport after 4 months without a decent "end button"??? We will see. Will will see!
    Yes, I hate trying to hang up a call with the touchscreen. That slight delay and then staring at your phone afterward to make sure it registered the hang up touch correctly just feels so silly compared to having a hard hang-up button. But the reason why I said I would wait is since my contract won't be up for maybe half a year after the Classic comes out, so I would have to just buy it unlocked someplace when it comes out. That will be a lot of money. And if the specs are the same as the Q10, then honestly, I'm willing to wait until my contract is up so I can get it at a discounted rate when I renew, or if they announced another Classic series phone by then that would have top-end specs as well, I'll hold off until that one comes out.

And even if my carrier doesn't offer the Classic or the BB device after, when I renew my contract I'll get whatever is selling for the most on ebay, probably the latest Samsung Galaxy or iPhone, and just sell it the day after getting it, and use that money toward buying the BB unlocked online...

Frehley, Plazmic Flame and donemt like this.
    08-04-14 11:00 AM
    On topic :- Right now my Z30 is pretty ideal for my kind of phone use - except camera. So unless the camera in either classic or Passport is better, I don't see myself buying any of them.

Off topic :- Do I see a "slagman fans association" starting here..!!!!?

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    08-04-14 11:15 AM
    On topic :- Right now my Z30 is pretty ideal for my kind of phone use - except camera. So unless the camera in either classic or Passport is better, I don't see myself buying any of them.

I might have to change my name and start a new profile, lol.

Mr4aces and donemt like this.
    08-04-14 01:11 PM
    I'm 60/40. Prefer classic. It's the choice without risk.

Passport is new, and risky choice. I don't know how good it's to write on the Passport keyboard with the smart touch function in keys.
    How smart it is? I have to see it in action, that it works without you accidentally touching the touch-function in the keys....

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 01:16 PM

Hmm... when will the caps and Tshirts be available? LOL.

Successful "motor heads" inevitably learn to drill down through the fog of distractions and get to the relevant variables. A characteristic that makes their opinions ruthlessly honest and valuable. Agree with the opinion, or disagree, it's pretty safe to assume there's something resembling mechanically honest logic behind it. Nothing exposes BS faster than rubber meeting the road. Iron and steel are utterly intolerant of dishonest logic. An intolerance that inevitably rubs off.
    08-04-14 01:24 PM
    BriniaSona wants a BB10 version of the Torch. After getting a 5 inch screen i dunno if I can go back to a 3.5 or 4.5 inch one. I would probably have to see the devices in person. I really like the 8800 inspired design of the passport but then the Classic just screams out, "9000, 9900, Q10, professional" to me. It's so hard to decide I might just get both.
    08-05-14 02:21 PM
    What about Shmerk's opinion on the Classic?

Personally, I never buy a product without first reading the detailed, insightful and witty commentary of Shmerk.

Shmerk really hits the nail on the head. Has anyone read Shmerk's verdict?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 03:31 PM
    What about Shmerk's opinion on the Classic?

Personally, I never buy a product without first reading the detailed, insightful and witty commentary of Shmerk.

Shmerk really hits the nail on the head. Has anyone read Shmerk's verdict?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think any of us should commit to buying anything based on anyone's opinion. We need to wait for more details to become official, and if we're lucky, get the chance to try one first-hand...

donemt likes this.
    08-05-14 11:28 PM
61 123