@Slagman5:
    I bought the Passport yesterday. I just used it for 2 hours now... I immediately thought of you and your different threads/postings...

You're definitely right in the Muscle-memory thing!!!

I can type "blindfold" (if the word is right, I know it from chess) on my Curve, Bold and Q10.

On the Passport, I miss the "y" (german keyboard) and type a "x" instead... as well as the "m" and type an "n" instead!

I miss the delete key and type the upper row "p" instead, but the swipe back helps me.

I am asking myself, so much sparing, why keeping the delete key if the swiping does the job?!?

Then, this Shift and Alt/symbol keys...

Sadly, I whish shift were still on the keyboard!

Ok, long-press writes capitals so that you don't need shift... and swiping down replaces alt and a second swipe the symbol keys...

But shift should had stayed!!!

To the last row of keys... you're right, the passport could have been designed with the 4 known rows!!

I admit it!

Man, I mean Slagaman5, I don't know... I am pleased to having got the passport... I am willing to support it and I love the concept and novelity... but for you, I think the classic is the better choice! Else, you'll be disappointed...

I keep ussing Crackberry App on my Q10, because of my fast typing without looking to the keyboard!! The passport is so... slow? (I mean it slows me... I have to look on the keyb when I type, wait by long pressing a key wait by swiping down to get the Alt or symbols).

Surfing the web is a new experience on it...

But surprisingly, the Q10 shows the same screen content... "wide, too"... but a little bit "tiny"... however okay!!!!

Slagman5, the Classic is your phone!!!
    Cheers!

Please excuse me to bumb in here... I don't know how to write a PrivateMessage with the CrackBerry-App on my Q10 ;-)

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675
    slagman5 and donemt like this.
    10-09-14 02:02 AM
    I'll be getting the Classic for sure and I'm not worried about the specs at all. I'm running 10.3.1 leak on my Q5 and it's as smooth as butter. I am sure Classic will have equal or better specs than Q5 in every corner plus that sexy tool belt so it's a a no brainer for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 02:25 AM
    Classic all the way!

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 08:23 AM
    @Slagman5:
    I bought the Passport yesterday. I just used it for 2 hours now... I immediately thought of you and your different threads/postings...

You're definitely right in the Muscle-memory thing!!!

I can type "blindfold" (if the word is right, I know it from chess) on my Curve, Bold and Q10.

On the Passport, I miss the "y" (german keyboard) and type a "x" instead... as well as the "m" and type an "n" instead!

I miss the delete key and type the upper row "p" instead, but the swipe back helps me.

I am asking myself, so much sparing, why keeping the delete key if the swiping does the job?!?

Then, this Shift and Alt/symbol keys...

Sadly, I whish shift were still on the keyboard!

Ok, long-press writes capitals so that you don't need shift... and swiping down replaces alt and a second swipe the symbol keys...

But shift should had stayed!!!

To the last row of keys... you're right, the passport could have been designed with the 4 known rows!!

I admit it!

Man, I mean Slagaman5, I don't know... I am pleased to having got the passport... I am willing to support it and I love the concept and novelity... but for you, I think the classic is the better choice! Else, you'll be disappointed...

I keep ussing Crackberry App on my Q10, because of my fast typing without looking to the keyboard!! The passport is so... slow? (I mean it slows me... I have to look on the keyb when I type, wait by long pressing a key wait by swiping down to get the Alt or symbols).

Surfing the web is a new experience on it...

But surprisingly, the Q10 shows the same screen content... "wide, too"... but a little bit "tiny"... however okay!!!!

Slagman5, the Classic is your phone!!!
    Cheers!

Please excuse me to bumb in here... I don't know how to write a PrivateMessage with the CrackBerry-App on my Q10 ;-)

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675
    Hey man, with some more use, you'll get used to the Passport keyboard lay out, but then maybe when you get so used to that (like after months of only using the Passport) it'll be the opposite problem, you'll be able to type on the Passport without looking but you won't on any other device with a standard layout...

About the shift and alt key, I don't know, everyone has been trying to convince me that having to swipe down for every special character is somehow faster than simply holding the alt key while you bang out the special characters all in a row if you need to, but whatever. And with capitalize, there should be a virtual shift key on the screen isn't there? From the videos and pictures I've seen of it typing I think I remember seeing that...
    donemt likes this.
    10-09-14 09:25 AM
    Ugh I am so torn about which phone will be my upgrade. Passport or Classic. I really miss the BB keyboard that we all now and love but I am intrigued by the uniqueness and innovation that the Passport brings. My mind is torn between something I know I like and something that is just so different. Also price I m poor.
    10-09-14 10:19 AM
    Hey man, with some more use, you'll get used to the Passport keyboard lay out, but then maybe when you get so used to that (like after months of only using the Passport) it'll be the opposite problem, you'll be able to type on the Passport without looking but you won't on any other device with a standard layout...

About the shift and alt key, I don't know, everyone has been trying to convince me that having to swipe down for every special character is somehow faster than simply holding the alt key while you bang out the special characters all in a row if you need to, but whatever. And with capitalize, there should be a virtual shift key on the screen isn't there? From the videos and pictures I've seen of it typing I think I remember seeing that...
    Indeed, there are the Shift key on the screen, to the left of the virtual row, then a alt/sym key namerd "@123" to the right of the virtual keyrow. But it is "unnatural"... since we're used hold them from down and have all the upper space for the other thumb and type any key. It is difficult to type Shift+q or shift+w as @123+p and @123+o without letting the finger go... I rather use the swipe down move... I make too many mistakes now... may be I'll get used, later, but I decided to keep my Q10 to make calls and use what'sApp. I'll use the Passport for calendar, web, docs to go.
    As said, I think the Classic could have been a better deal (no remorse, anyway, though)!

donemt likes this.
    10-09-14 01:32 PM
    I have only been on this for a short while. But I shall see the reviews on Classic, since this is the phone I am hopeful for. And for what it is worth-Slagman5 does put some interesting posts on CB, and has good responses as well. And no, he is no kin of mine, just an observation.
    10-09-14 03:05 PM
    I have only been on this for a short while. But I shall see the reviews on Classic, since this is the phone I am hopeful for. And for what it is worth-Slagman5 does put some interesting posts on CB, and has good responses as well. And no, he is no kin of mine, just an observation.
    Yes, I only have one fanboy, but it's ok, 1 is better than 0, lol. :-P

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-09-14 03:24 PM
    LOL
    10-09-14 03:35 PM
    Um, yes, I think I got that. It was just weird when I browsed the forums and saw my name, I thought I was in trouble, haha.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    that's what I think every time I see myself in the mirror.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    10-10-14 09:17 AM
    I will get the Classic cause I loved the tool-belt! The Passport has really nice specs! But it is too big for my liking and it won't coming to Verizon anyway.

#SupportBlackBerry!
    10-11-14 05:23 AM
61 123