I don't think any of us should commit to buying anything based on anyone's opinion. We need to wait for more details to become official, and if we're lucky, get the chance to try one first-hand...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    But... what about Shmerk?!

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 02:26 AM
    Still 100% for the Classic, though interested in how the Passport will turn out
    08-06-14 08:57 AM
    But... what about Shmerk?!

Posted via CB10
    Get him in here! Lol

08-06-14 11:13 AM
    For me it's 100:0 in favour of the classic. The passport does absolutely nothing for me. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely unique but the keyboard is just off putting. That's just one opinion though, others may agree and others will disagree. But that's the beauty of life, we are all different and as they say 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'.

Posted via CB10
    Frehley likes this.
    08-06-14 04:28 PM
    I don't care about the passport at all. Even with all the gimmicks, at the end of the day I just want something usable that fits in my pocket. I want a keyboard phone because of accuracy, I want it to be email oriented, and good hardware & durability. If I want some sort of tablet, given the price, I'll go with a Surface tablet that comes with all that the passport offers and more. Also I get this being enterprise related, but it still seems like a gimmick. I just want the BlackBerry Classic to be released, but damn they're prolonging the hell out of it

Posted via CB10
    Frehley, phuoc and lift like this.
    08-06-14 04:49 PM
    What an impact here again!

Still, I am very 50 50. I guess I am a sissy. But many arguments here make sense! pro or contra Passprt, etc.

I actually was happy when they announced the Classic. At the end, I just want a device for communication. Email, SMS, Whatsapp, etc. Discreet surfing, music and weather. No hype, no gimmicks , no fart apps. Straight business. Getting things done. But with the age, a certain need for simple tasks comes in. Linke ending a call ASAP with no hype or gimmicks. Just a click on a button, DONE! Which device these days can you give that?

I mean the advantages of the tool belt were clearly written very well by Mr Slagman. But then... there is a delicious device called passport! I love to troll people. When the masses and iSheep have the same chocolate clubs, there is the business troll coming around the corner with his passport. The design, the size like a phablet (what a pathetic term. Like selfie. FFS!!!). The size is huge and perfect. So need of a tablet.

It will be a painful year. LOL! I know, first world problems. But the device will be one I love. I know wanna have device A and surf the product page of device B at blackberry.com
    08-06-14 05:01 PM
    I really can not wait for the classic going to be an early christmas present for myself.

Posted via CB10
    I can't wait for the Classic and I hope that it is an early (October) birthday present for myself!!
    08-06-14 05:47 PM
    I can't wait for the Classic and I hope that it is an early (October) birthday present for myself!!
    i believe the classic will be a november release

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    08-06-14 08:39 PM
    a 3.5" screen is where the classic goes wrong

for a "flagship " device, chen seems very disinterested in promotion of this unit. Its like he is just trying to give something to the BB loyalists rather than making this a device everyone really wants. If the screen was closer to 4"....it would be great. ill have to wait and see I guess but I cant see the q20 winning any new droid customers
    08-06-14 09:06 PM

for a "flagship " device, chen seems very disinterested in promotion of this unit. Its like he is just trying to give something to the BB loyalists rather than making this a device everyone really wants. If the screen was closer to 4"....it would be great. ill have to wait and see I guess but I cant see the q20 winning any new droid customers
    thats exactly what chen is doing giving something for bb loyalist. its not intended to sway ppl to blackberry thats what the z3 z30 and passport are for. for me any bigger than the current 3.5" and i would be out on the classic it almost looks too big as it is.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    08-06-14 10:15 PM

Q20's 3.5" screen will be wider than anything BB has made to date, AFAIK. Only the Passport will be wider. AFAIK. You're complaint seems mostly with the Q's 1:1. That's pretty much dictated by the physical keyboard. Bolds don't require huge screenestate for navigation, thanks to the efficiency of precision provided from the trackpad. If monster screen Droid freaks aren't all over the Z30, they're really not going to care much about the Q. Till they grow up anyway. SOME of us have WORK to do.
    Qaddafi likes this.
    08-06-14 10:42 PM

I want a mobile phone that fits in my pocket, like the BlackBerry Bold 9900 or the Nokia E73 Mode, except with modern hardware. I want good battery life, physical keyboard, file manager, SD card slot, e-mail oriented phone, etc. If I want to watch Netflix or play games, I can always do it on my computer, television or tablet (That or buy the BlackBerry Passport). Most BlackBerry users already have alternative options like Android, iPhone, and the Nokia Lumia if they want bigger screen or apps.

One thing BlackBerry doesn't have right is the generic but reliable basic phone. The BlackBerry Q10 was good, but people see it as the beta version for the Classic... that or a failure to the BlackBerry Bold.
    08-06-14 11:27 PM

It was never really meant to in the first place...

08-06-14 11:57 PM
    I want a mobile phone that fits in my pocket, like the BlackBerry Bold 9900 or the Nokia E73 Mode, except with modern hardware. I want good battery life, physical keyboard, file manager, SD card slot, e-mail oriented phone, etc. If I want to watch Netflix or play games, I can always do it on my computer, television or tablet (That or buy the BlackBerry Passport). Most BlackBerry users already have alternative options like Android, iPhone, and the Nokia Lumia if they want bigger screen or apps.

One thing BlackBerry doesn't have right is the generic but reliable basic phone. The BlackBerry Q10 was good, but people see it as the beta version for the Classic... that or a failure to the BlackBerry Bold.
    All many of us want is an updated 9900! Upgrade BB's most successful form factor with improved OS, ram, processor, battery & camera, and you'd have workhorse perfection!!

Instead, to date, BBRY's stripped too many Bold features to list while handing us uncomfortably large form factors fitted with an immature OS that is just starting to finally show signs of maturity. Oversized as they are, both the Q20 and Passport at least promise to re-introduce the efficiency of navigation by pointer! Hooray for that, at least!

Fingerpainting was a wonderful thing, in preschool. SOME of us grew up to appreciate the efficient precision of a finely pointed brush. The Q20's trackpad, at least, should provide pointing precision. Won't know, for sure, WHAT the PP offers till we get our thumbs on it.
    Last edited by idssteve; 08-07-14 at 06:53 AM.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    08-07-14 05:51 AM
    My perfect smartphone:
    - updated 9900 with SD 805, 3 Gig of Ram
    - os 7 till BB 10 has the same features
    - ability to uninstall bloatware

That's about it shouldn't be too hard to accomplish with the Classic at least I hope so. PP disqualified itself by not having a toolbelt and a non removable battery everything else seems to be gorgeous ln that phone
    08-07-14 05:57 AM
    So one thing is for sure. I am craving for a new BB device. Period!

My last experience was in november or december 2013 when I got the Z30 which made an IMPACT!!! So long so good for me. The best smartphone for me since today. But I need a new phone! Thats how I tick unfortunately.

So when the Passport comes out in September I may buy this, play around and sell it when the Classic makes an entrance!!! I know, it will be painful for me. But I need something with a keyboard again. Even if Z30 is top notch. I need something to click on. Thats what my guts telling me.
    spork141 likes this.
    08-07-14 07:14 AM
    if i could have both then i would have both esp if i don't get a q10.
    08-07-14 11:26 AM
    Classic all the way for me, just because I like the form factor, not about the belt.
    08-07-14 11:48 AM
    The Q20 is going to be everything that the 9900 users who upgraded to the Q10 wanted but blackberry left out in it thats why i think the Q20 is going to be basically the 9900 but with bb10 and pretty much most of the Q10 users will upgrade to the Q20.

Plus ther have been reports that the Passport will com as a sealed unit (non-removable battery) which is going to be a downfall for the device as pretty much every BB user love to be able to remove there battery and 'hot swap' the battery so to speak... this is why in my opinion i think the passport will lose most peoples attention because of this but on the other hand i think people who have the Q10 and get on with it perfectly fine and who just want a bigger screen basically a bigger Q10 will opt for this aslong as they dont mind not being able to take the battery out if it is a sealed unit...
    08-17-14 05:31 PM
    I just wanted to write a long email to a friend with my Z30. I stopped after 4 sentences. In mind my I said, I wait until I buy a BlackBerry with a keyboard.

Stupid, right? As great my Z30 is, I don't write long messages with it. I always did that with the Bold 9900 or Q10.

Can't wait to get a keyboard BlackBerry again!!! I am starving like a beast. Need a classic or passport asap!

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 12:03 PM
    I just wanted to write a long email to a friend with my Z30. I stopped after 4 sentences. In mind my I said, I wait until I buy a BlackBerry with a keyboard.
    I know what you mean!

I carried an Android phone with my 9900 but would never use the droid for anything meaningful. Z10 allowed me to get back to 1 device but I procrastinated on long emails and either forgot to write them or banged them out on my PC. That stopped entirely with my Q10 last year and I expect things to be even smoother with my upcoming Classic.
    08-23-14 06:49 AM
    I'm running into more and more ppl feeling dissatisfaction with glass. Just last night a fellow waiting behind me in a ridiculously long line at walmart noted that i'd made two short calls, replied to several texts and looked up some info on a product i was purchasing all with a single hand while unloading my cart with the other hand. He seemed most impressed that i'd answered the calls and disconnected without even looking at the device. Showing him my 99 he asked who makes it and if it's something just released... lol. He volunteered that his samsung (s3??) failed to disconnect once and "cost his marriage"... what ever that meant... BUT, like tail fin fad on 57 Chevy and flip phone fad and countless other fads, i'm sensing a slight movement away from glass toward the sanity of physical HMI. Something BBRY is uniquely equipped to capitalize on, IF they choose to. To that end, the Q20's physical "end" key makes it a better choice than PassPort for actual phone calls. IMO. Of course i have NO hands on with capacitive keyboard so... FWIW.
    08-23-14 09:18 AM
    I'm running into more and more ppl feeling dissatisfaction with glass. Just last night a fellow waiting behind me in a ridiculously long line at walmart noted that i'd made two short calls, replied to several texts and looked up some info on a product i was purchasing all with a single hand while unloading my cart with the other hand. He seemed most impressed that i'd answered the calls and disconnected without even looking at the device. Showing him my 99 he asked who makes it and if it's something just released... lol. He volunteered that his samsung (s3??) failed to disconnect once and "cost his marriage"... what ever that meant... BUT, like tail fin fad on 57 Chevy and flip phone fad and countless other fads, i'm sensing a slight movement away from glass toward the sanity of physical HMI. Something BBRY is uniquely equipped to capitalize on, IF they choose to. To that end, the Q20's physical "end" key makes it a better choice than PassPort for actual phone calls. IMO. Of course i have NO hands on with capacitive keyboard so... FWIW.
    Yes, the physical end button is absolutely crucial in my opinion if you use your phone in a business environment or any other environment where keeping some facts separate between different people in your life is important. And while I don't condone cheating on your significant other because I feel only dishonest selfish d-bags do this (both genders), there are other times where some level of secrecy is required for more "official" reasons. And the last thing you want is for your phone to not hang up correctly on your first try... And that is for both sides. Meaning not just to end the conversation with whoever is on the other line, but to quickly be able to hide the call screen from prying eyes immediately around you.

donemt likes this.
    08-23-14 10:23 AM
    Yes, the physical end button is absolutely crucial in my opinion if you use your phone in a business environment or any other environment where keeping some facts separate between different people in your life is important. And while I don't condone cheating on your significant other because I feel only dishonest selfish d-bags do this (both genders), there are other times where some level of secrecy is required for more "official" reasons. And the last thing you want is for your phone to not hang up correctly on your first try... And that is for both sides. Meaning not just to end the conversation with whoever is on the other line, but to quickly be able to hide the call screen from prying eyes immediately around you.

Yeah, i have zero tolerance for dishonesty ANYwhere but lying to a significant other is like your left foot lying to your right foot. Ppl that do that walk in circles every time. I didn't inquire further from the fellow.

I, professionally, feel the non-positive disconnect of touch HMI is an issue that hasn't been adequately addressed throughout ALL professions. My company lost a big $ client due a failure to disconnect a Q. That client's justified fear was that his business with us might have been easily overheard by one of his competitors, also one of our clients. It's too easy to extrapolate that experience to legal, medical, etc... professions.
    08-23-14 11:20 AM
    Yeah, i have zero tolerance for dishonesty ANYwhere but lying to a significant other is like your left foot lying to your right foot. Ppl that do that walk in circles every time. I didn't inquire further from the fellow.

I, professionally, feel the non-positive disconnect of touch HMI is an issue that hasn't been adequately addressed throughout ALL professions. My company lost a big $ client due a failure to disconnect a Q. That client's justified fear was that his business with us might have been easily overheard by one of his competitors, also one of our clients. It's too easy to extrapolate that experience to legal, medical, etc... professions.
    Exactly, but explaining that to people who fall for the "newer must be better" trap is like trying to squeeze water from a stone. This whole touchscreen craze is making people illogical...

idssteve and donemt like this.
    08-23-14 11:58 AM
61 123