01-31-16 06:58 PM
72 123
tools
    For me, its a no brainer.... THE KEYBOARD.
    Yeah, I just show people the keyboard when they ask why I don't have an iPhone (or Android phone, yuck). I have an iPod Touch, iPad Mini and pretty much everything else Mac, and I love it, but I'm still happy that I don't have iOS on my phone.
    02-13-15 06:16 AM
    For me, its a no brainer.... THE KEYBOARD.
    This.^^^^^^iIncluding toolbelt. I was never interested in the Q10 due to the lack of the toolbelt.
    02-13-15 07:29 AM
    I would buy an iphone if I wanted simplicity, or if I was a linear person, everyone's iphone looks the same. I would buy an android photo be you, if I was really open and liked changing everything, super customizable, it's like the new windows 8 (which I love) no two android phones will look alike. Never had experience with windows phone. But for BlackBerry I bought one because of the organization. The hub and the keyboard is probably the two biggest features. The z30 keyboard makes me type a lot faster and the hub is so convenient for me. Or the actual physical keyboard makes it so I don't even have to use my computer. It also has had its own FREE version of office the full version since launch.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 08:06 AM
    For me it's the Hub, email and messaging functionality of OS10. I use my device primary for communication and my business and BlackBerry fits my needs. I don't watch movies or play games on my device.

I have used both Apple IOS and Android and in all fairness, Apple did not become the multi billion dollar company they have by building junk. They delivered a product the consumers asked for and have rewarded handsomely because of it, my hats off to them.

For those who are quick to forget that BlackBerry used to be in the same position and owned the market here in the USA, I not going to go any further on this because we all know how the story ends.

I love my Classic and Passport and I preach the brand wherever I go here, but in the end I can't force anything on anybody, they are going to get what they want and all I can hope for is a few of them choose a BlackBerry. Just my two cents.

Sent from my lovely Classic on T Mobile USA
    02-13-15 08:35 AM
    SPEED.

Physical buttons represent shortcuts and faster ways to do things, including one handed use.
    Hub represents faster way to do things.
    Tiles represent faster way to switch between things.
    Instant search (before they broke it in 10.3.1) represent faster way to find things.

Of course, the problem is the 9900 is still faster than all other BB10 phones due to BB's refusal to simply put the same functionality into BB10.
    02-13-15 08:44 AM
    So true. I have used my mom's ipad mini retina here and there and it is horribly painful. Use it as a OS comparison to my older 32 gb PlayBook and newer Samsung Tab Pro. The Apple OS is so damn home button centric. And Android is not much better. If only the PlayBook would have ran BlackBerry 10. The swiping gestures and Hub would be ideal on a tablet.

Z30-simply the best touch BlackBerry
    02-13-15 10:55 AM
    That's it's not Apple or Android,

Passport. SQW100-1/10.3.1.2267 The Best Phone On The Market Today
    They hate us cause they ain't us.
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    02-13-15 11:35 AM
    Hub and Blend. Apple isn't even in the ballpark in these categories.
    02-13-15 12:06 PM
    Physical keyboard and the tool belt for me. The classic is my first BlackBerry phone and I can say that I'll continue buying blackberry as long as they keep making devices like this.

My observation/opinion is that you almost have to hate using touch screens to be drawn to the classic. Sadly that makes for a very small and decreasing minority.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 07:27 PM
    When somebody asks me why I like BB10 phones, I tell them I am not going to tell them what they are missing. They need to buy one and find out by themselves! :-)
    02-13-15 07:53 PM
    I usually reply like "because it just makes sense!"

The push email, compare to anything out there (be it outlook desktop or any email app) cannot beat the speed of BlackBerry.

The hub, yes, is no-brainer. Only the people who don't understand it will argue about it. It has been the best thing to keep up with all your emails and other accounts.

The integration of trackpad in BB10 provides a mini computer like experience. You got already a physical keyboard and now a mouse to help you select stuffs. It actually makes it easier to navigate in the UI especially on the browser's since you don't need to put your thumb elsewhere, but on the physical buttons.

If they'll argue about camera and apps, I got my Sony RX100 and iPad mini to cover that. The battery last longer if you'd use a device mainly for a specific task. And it makes my life more balanced using a device for work and another for play or media consumption. Helps me be even more focused in doing anything at the moment.

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    Last edited by 7onZ; 02-14-15 at 02:49 AM.
    02-13-15 10:09 PM
    I've been asked a lot lately re my Classic "Why is it so good. What makes it better?" Coming from primarily Apple and Android users. If you had a single selling point, what would it be?
    Having just switched from both an iPhone 6 and Samsung Galaxy S5, I can truly say the biggest selling feature is the overall messaging interface and messaging ecosystem: hub, toast notifications, all uniformally designed. Got SMS, whatsapp, emails, BBM, FB messages, etc? Well, everything in one place and its extremely easy to switch between them and figure out how many you have unread. Everything organized. No need to go into and out of apps to respond quickly to messages. No need to try and guess. It's clean, simple, efficient. And emails come in faster on the BB vs others. iPhone simply doesnt push at all. Samsung Galaxy does not do toast notifications. Blackberry implements it is very well. No need to download a "gmail" app in order to get emails pushed, etc.
    02-14-15 01:46 AM
    It's the keyboard. If BlackBerry didn't have the physical keyboard, I'd be on a much more hackable platform. But there is nothing like that feeling when your thumbs get used to the keyboard and you realize you're no longer looking. That's the crack that keeps you coming back!
    02-14-15 09:24 AM
    Along with the hub and great keyboard I'd say the active frames. I miss the active frames on my nexus.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Yes, active frames and NO Home button. My Samsung Tab S drives me crazy. Home button this, back-button that. I really like SWIPING things into and out of the picture. And, of course, with the Classic, there's the REAL keyboard which some folks love (although it takes away screen real estate).
    02-14-15 10:48 AM
    This.^^^^^^iIncluding toolbelt. I was never interested in the Q10 due to the lack of the toolbelt.
    Toolbelt alone is more of a draw to BBOS holdouts, although OP was talking mostly about iOS and Android users.

Anyway, the keyboard. Since that's pretty much all the Classic has going for it, specifically. Hub/that stuff are OS-wide.
    02-14-15 10:51 AM
    the best out of box experience, if i pay 600 EUR for a phone i expect it to have at least a freakin file manager... i hate 3rd party apps that dont blend nicely with the whole look of my phone
    02-14-15 10:57 AM
    For me the single best feature of any BlackBerry 10 device that Iphones and Androids don't have is the Hub. Second to that is the physical keyboard.

Classically posted.
    02-14-15 11:00 AM
    ...and the #1 reason;

Because it's cool not to use what the masses (lemmings, techno zombies) are using. Buck the trend, be a rebel, make your own rules, support the underdog.
    02-14-15 03:47 PM
    ...and the #1 reason;

Because it's cool not to use what the masses (lemmings, techno zombies) are using. Buck the trend, be a rebel, make your own rules, support the underdog.
    MILLIONS of people use BlackBerry devices though. They are mass market devices.
    02-14-15 04:02 PM
    Coming myself from an Android:

1. Best keyboard ever. Never become the hapless punchline of an iPhone autocorrect joke.

2. Less is not more. Less is always less. I was so tired of not being fully in control of what my Android was doing.

3. The solution to every shortcoming is not yet another app. My Classic can have apps, but it doesn't need any, it works great right out of the box. I remember when I switched to Blackberry that I was looking all over for an app to be able to check my webmail account like I needed to on my Android, only to realise that I don't need one nor would I ever need one, it's all built in and ready to go.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 05:00 PM
    Coming myself from an Android:

1. Best keyboard ever. Never become the hapless punchline of an iPhone autocorrect joke.

2. Less is not more. Less is always less. I was so tired of not being fully in control of what my Android was doing.

3. The solution to every shortcoming is not yet another app. My Classic can have apps, but it doesn't need any, it works great right out of the box. I remember when I switched to Blackberry that I was looking all over for an app to be able to check my webmail account like I needed to on my Android, only to realise that I don't need one nor would I ever need one, it's all built in and ready to go.

Posted via CB10
    No device needs apps. For instance, you don't need an app to post here, but you do. Third party apps keep phone OS makers on their toes.

I do concede that some built-in solutions are phenomenal (hello, hub) but I think competition breeds excellence.

And absolute control (the closest thing) is the draw of Android.
    02-14-15 05:09 PM
    1. Keyboard makes it so much easier for me to type punctuation and special characters. Doing this on a touchscreen is really frustrating.

2. HUB - no other os has it, and I love an integrated box for all messages.
    02-14-15 05:33 PM
    The Q10 was my first BlackBerry device ever and I loved it, now I love my Classic even more. Before the Q10 I had about every relevant Android smartphone, I even imported the Droid 3 from the US. I love keyboard devices for typing and playing emulators and would suggest BlackBerry to build a qwerty slider. That would be a great device I think.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 05:34 PM
    Oh sure on Android you can get apps to change how your start screen looks or where the phone app is, or add a bunch of widgets. Heck there's an app to turn your Android into a lightsaber... but that's not what I call being in control.

Try typing a 500-word email and then try to place the cursor to edit text in the second paragraph without a trackpad? It's like playing darts while inebriated. On one Android I had, I wasn't even able to change the fricking name of a contact, no matter what I did.

More broadly, too often when i'd go through the system settings of my Android it was very thin on the settings, and since I got my BlackBerry I'm rarely lacking in that department. Sure Androids apps can fill this gap, but again, my Blackberry does everything out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 05:44 PM
    Oh sure on Android you can get apps to change how your start screen looks or where the phone app is, or add a bunch of widgets. Heck there's an app to turn your Android into a lightsaber... but that's not what I call being in control.

Try typing a 500-word email and then try to place the cursor to edit text in the second paragraph without a trackpad? It's like playing darts while inebriated. On one Android I had, I wasn't even able to change the fricking name of a contact, no matter what I did.

More broadly, too often when i'd go through the system settings of my Android it was very thin on the settings, and since I got my BlackBerry I'm rarely lacking in that department. Sure Androids apps can fill this gap, but again, my Blackberry does everything out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    Can't argue with success. If I weren't able to change a contact on a platform, I'd probably wouldn't use it.

My one complaint is that iOS, WP8 and BB10 simply don't provide the user control for folks who crave it. "Out of the box" is a very valid concept though.
    02-14-15 05:52 PM
72 123