I've been asked a lot lately re my Classic "Why is it so good. What makes it better?" Coming from primarily Apple and Android users. If you had a single selling point, what would it be?
    02-12-15 09:14 PM
    That's it's not Apple or Android,

Passport. SQW100-1/10.3.1.2267 The Best Phone On The Market Today
    NYTOC83, acovey, eji930 and 10 others like this.
    02-12-15 09:28 PM
    Great response.
    02-12-15 09:29 PM
    The flow - I love the gesture based OS and fluidity of swiping back, u, down and left. It's easily the most elegant OS I've used (and I've used iOS, Android, and Windows).

Posted via my gorgeous Passport
    edwinsberry likes this.
    02-12-15 09:36 PM
    Great response.
    But it cuts both ways LOL.

If I were to talk it up, I'd probably go with built-in functionality. Hub functionality always a goody.
    02-12-15 09:38 PM
    Along with the hub and great keyboard I'd say the active frames. I miss the active frames on my nexus.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    John Crist and FF22 like this.
    02-12-15 09:56 PM
    Has to be the hub.

Security, keyboard, design are all very subjective and depend on what the other person is used to. However everyone communicates via various networks and mediums so they will appreciate the usefulness, or at least relevance of, a properly thought-out way of integrating it all together.

I have to say that the second feature would be the adaptive share framework,.. which similarly saves you from having to go into each separate app to initiate a share action.

They have basically made it about contacts, rather than networks/apps/mediums.

If the person doesn't see the value in that,.. then BlackBerry is not a good fit for them--which is fine.

Posted via CB10
    Carmels likes this.
    02-12-15 10:03 PM
    The flexibility of the hub makes it better than any other OS.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    02-12-15 10:05 PM
    If we're talking about the Classic then I would nring the following points:
    1. This perfect size for a daily driver type of the communication device. I just love the screen size of my work Passport, but Classic is just more suitable for a long use.
    2. The HUB. I don't think I need to add something here.
    3. The battery is giving me 16-18 hours of heavy use and it still would have 20% battery life at the end of the day. This, however, creates a small problem. If I forget to put in into the charger at night it might die before I get to the office next day.
    4. Feel free to bring here additional points...

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 10:16 PM
    If we're talking about the Classic then I would nring the following points:
    1. This perfect size for a daily driver type of the communication device. I just love the screen size of my work Passport, but Classic is just more suitable for a long use.
    2. The HUB. I don't think I need to add something here.
    3. The battery is giving me 16-18 hours of heavy use and it still would have 20% battery life at the end of the day. This, however, creates a small problem. If I forget to put in into the charger at night it might die before I get to the office next day.
    4. Feel free to bring here additional points...

Posted via CB10
    Go to settings and go to "battery" and set the battery saving feature to come on when you hit 30%

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 10:22 PM
    For me, its a no brainer.... THE KEYBOARD.
    02-12-15 10:58 PM
    Differentiating features that I can think of at the moment:

-the hub (ability to reply to any and all messages - FB, Whatsapp, etc, from within it)
    -ability to attach attachments from other emails to brand new emails
    -the way they have implemented multitasking with active frames
    -virtual keyboard with flick typing
    -native file manager
    -cloud storage services built into native file manager
    -choice of cascades for the (few) native apps
    -Ability to browse your desktop files from within the native file manager

Differentiating features from iOS but not Android:

-Miracast support
    -USB OTG support
    -Ability to use phone as USB drive (drag and drop with Windows Explorer)
    -Expandable storage via Micro SD
    andy957 likes this.
    02-13-15 12:00 AM
    Simple

The Hub
    anon(9186565) likes this.
    02-13-15 12:50 AM
    New OS that flies and supporting Android apps and not that old and buggy like android 5 and ios 8 and better quality build phone than Samsung or Apple
    02-13-15 12:59 AM
    It's all about the accuracy of the keyboard and the avoidance of frustration is causes me as compared to typing on glass. The call quality is great too. Every other benefit is just an added bonus.
    02-13-15 01:02 AM
    unique selling point, for me productivity! you can do things faster, more reliable, and better (as in more precisely). I have a passport a Q10 and had a Z10 before. I tried and liked the classic but prefer the passport. (also have tried android and iphone in the past but not my cup of tea). I personally focus on work as the main use of the phone / compared to other os'.

this can be broken down to various aspects, like email / communication handling in hub, speed and accuracy in composing, organisation, attachment handling...

personally I think that BB10 is a great operating system that has really unique user attributes in its "user story" design. it allows the user to do things in ways and in moments/situations within the system while using it that are different than other os'. I find this remarkable!

I think many people do not use emails via their iphone (do more so on android) unless they have to. Many people I know with iphone have admitted that to me. to the contrary, many a times I find I use my BlackBerry to handle email, even if I am in front of my lap top!

in any case, the profile of the user for each phone may be/ normally is different, so each person values and needs different things. I always answer that they should use it for some days and find out themselves but honestly, for the power user I think that in many cases, bb10 is when you go blackberry you never go back kind of thing.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 02-14-15 at 04:33 PM.
    02-13-15 01:09 AM
    Qwerty!! They're so clicky it's poison

Posted via CB10
    sid89 likes this.
    02-13-15 01:27 AM
    HUB!

I can only shake my head when think back to my iPhone 4... "checking my messages" was like: tap on mail app > home button > tap on Whatsapp app > home button > tap on SMS/MMS/iMassage app > home button > tap on Facebook > home button > ...
    Now it's: a simple gesture from the bottom to the middle to the right.

And that's just one selling point...
    02-13-15 02:08 AM
    Physical qwerty. Settable keyboard for apps and/or contacts. Hub, nothing comparable on Android. Quicker. And the searchfunction very professionell.

Never say never again, but I don't go back to Android.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    02-13-15 02:26 AM
    I don't know but I know for sure that it's not "security "

Edit: yeah, Android goes slow by time. That's not the case in BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 02:27 AM
    I frequently have this argument/feud with my sister and elder cousin, both are Apple users to the core always getting the next technology that comes out. Whenever I bring up "security" and "there are no buttons"... don't even get me started. Many times people will see my phone ringing and they have LITERALLY no clue how to answer the BlackBerry Z30 O_o what now?!

I would have to say that the single selling point should be its "name". But it is not, no one asks what's Apple's or Android's selling point, people just buy into them because they have added gimmicks to sell what it lacks. I'm not trying to knock on them, but... when I look at a BlackBerry from 12 years ago and tell people what the phone was used for, people reply back saying to me, oh but it's a "BlackBerry"... as in, it's expected to have done what it was meant for back then. I think the same should be said for today, if we asked someone with an iPhone or Android (Samsung/Sony) phone.. the same question, they would say "Apps". They wouldn't jump the cliff talking about the name itself, that would simply be silly since its a given.

I think people and BlackBerry go hand-in-hand, what I mean by this is that, it almost seems natural seeing a person who has a BlackBerry, they don't look out of place. I can honestly say that what BlackBerry has is its own texture, its colour, its own definition, its own personality and connection. The selling point is the name, you either walk away from it or you either adapt to it by walking in knowing this product is something you can trust, it's a product you can rely on because it has failed only to succeed. You need to ask yourself, as a non-BlackBerry user.. what is a BlackBerry capable of and can it get the job done efficiently? The answer is, yes. But also ask yourself, is the BlackBerry a product that fits your everyday needs or are you better off with a product that isn't a BlackBerry?
    JesseBabe23 and Dat Gui like this.
    02-13-15 02:29 AM
    I've been asked a lot lately re my Classic "Why is it so good. What makes it better?" Coming from primarily Apple and Android users. If you had a single selling point, what would it be?
    i've used both Android - SGSII and GNote for a year respectively.
    I've used an iPhone 4, 4s, 5s.

i currently use a Q10 daily driver as well as an iPhone 5s (with data only sim) for multimedia and i have recently purchased a Classic.

"if you (i) had a single selling point, what would it be?"
    the keyboard.
    the phone itself. it works. it does all my communication. with a minimum of fuss.

i know you only asked for a single selling point. the other point is the BB Hub.
    02-13-15 03:55 AM
    I frequently have this argument/feud with my sister and elder cousin, both are Apple users to the core always getting the next technology that comes out. Whenever I bring up "security" and "there are no buttons"... don't even get me started. Many times people will see my phone ringing and they have LITERALLY no clue how to answer the BlackBerry Z30 O_o what now?!

I would have to say that the single selling point should be its "name". But it is not, no one asks what's Apple's or Android's selling point, people just buy into them because they have added gimmicks to sell what it lacks. I'm not trying to knock on them, but... when I look at a BlackBerry from 12 years ago and tell people what the phone was used for, people reply back saying to me, oh but it's a "BlackBerry"... as in, it's expected to have done what it was meant for back then. I think the same should be said for today, if we asked someone with an iPhone or Android (Samsung/Sony) phone.. the same question, they would say "Apps". They wouldn't jump the cliff talking about the name itself, that would simply be silly since its a given.

I think people and BlackBerry go hand-in-hand, what I mean by this is that, it almost seems natural seeing a person who has a BlackBerry, they don't look out of place. I can honestly say that what BlackBerry has is its own texture, its colour, its own definition, its own personality and connection. The selling point is the name, you either walk away from it or you either adapt to it by walking in knowing this product is something you can trust, it's a product you can rely on because it has failed only to succeed. You need to ask yourself, as a non-BlackBerry user.. what is a BlackBerry capable of and can it get the job done efficiently? The answer is, yes. But also ask yourself, is the BlackBerry a product that fits your everyday needs or are you better off with a product that isn't a BlackBerry?
    Lots of flowery descriptions but in reality the name BlackBerry has lost its meaning as a leading edge company. With 2 KB phones out, it only reinforces the fact that the firm refuses to change which was the main reason for its downfall. In fact, BlackBerry is just piggy backing off Android and Amazon for its consumer segment. As for Android and IPhone users, I'm sure there's a lot of reasons why those platforms or phones were chosen. You mention they only have added gimmicks to sell what it lacks. You're right about that - most Android and Apple phones lack physical keyboards so they go for a gimmick such as "touchscreen" to make up for that deficit
    02-13-15 03:57 AM
    The biggest USP is the keyboard.
    You can type fast, without embarrassing typos and without having to send several corrections or explanations. This is what my iOS friends always have to do when communicating with me.
    02-13-15 05:26 AM
    Physical as well as the all touch keyboards, security, and of course the HUB on all the BB10 devices, it's a great idea to have all your personal information in one spot. Plus being able to open and keep open apps.

On my reliable Z30
    02-13-15 05:57 AM
72 123