To add to this topic, voice control is a lot more powerful with the latest update.
    But the analogy of having to give up power steering to get the automatic is a good one, even if I like manual transmissions :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 11:42 AM
    I am really disappointed with that f&"#ing Assistent introduced with 10.3, it really ruins the much better and fluid universal search and instant action introduced with 10.1. Everything now is just slower and much less convenient after the update and I am not even using 10.3.1 on my Passport.
    Just for that reason alone I almost wish I could roll back to 10.2.1 with my Passport and for now I am rather sure I want update my Q10 to the new version.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 11:44 AM
    In my opinion, search has never been as fast in BlackBerry 10 as it was in BB7, but it wasn't far behind. For me the bigger issue has been with the z10 and never having the keyboard ready to type when I wanted to.

I will try on my wife's q10 with the assistent setting turned off to see if it closely replicates the 10.2 experience.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 11:46 AM
    No they want the size and the simplicity of BBOS.
    Not BlackBerry 10. If you ate someone who isn't great with tech odds are you won't be a fan of BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    I try not to eat anyone, regardless of their technical ability. :-)

But actually BB10 is more user friendly than BBOS. The people who are clinging to BBOS are those that learned the efficiencies of the system.

Posted via CB10
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    11-30-14 11:48 AM
    I try not to eat anyone, regardless of their technical ability. :-)

But actually BB10 is more user friendly than BBOS. The people who are clinging to BBOS are those that learned the efficiencies of the system.

Posted via CB10
    Eh gestures can get confusing.

My father has a Q10 and whenever something isn't working perfectly for him he just swipes all around the screen in anger.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 12:18 PM
    Ok - so I'm not the only one who thinks they totally screwed this up in 10.3.1

It is way too slow. I have turned off as many things as possible to make it like 10.2, but still slow. I don't want voice search. I just don't want to flip through three pages of icons and remember where I had the calculator. I'd type "calc", click the icon, and be launched in 1/10 the time. Now, it is probably a toss-up. Definitely don't like the new screen layout, either.
    11-30-14 12:23 PM
    I just tried my wife's q10 and it was a lot better

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 12:42 PM
    Eh gestures can get confusing.

My father has a Q10 and whenever something isn't working perfectly for him he just swipes all around the screen in anger.

Posted via CB10
    They can get confusing? not willing to learn a new OS is lazy.

Posted via my Classic Passport
    Bluenoser63 and anon(9184750) like this.
    11-30-14 12:43 PM
    Hit the post button too quickly.

Anyway, at least on the q10 you can still just start typing to search. No need to do anything else. Still slower than it should be, but actually slower than my z10. Perhaps because I have a lot more on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 12:44 PM

Haha tell that to my father....

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 01:33 PM
    Universal search is absolutely ruined in 10.3.1.sure, you can turn off BlackBerry assistent and get something close to what we had in 10.2 but it isn't as good.

If they don't get this fixed soon, there will be a ton of complaints.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. Tying Search and the Assistant app together has absolutely crippled the BB10 search function.

Before, it was my favorite feature. Now, I don't even bother. Feels totally broken in 10.3 on my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 02:48 PM
    Haha tell that to my father....

Posted via CB10
    My dad is 50 and runs through the Z30 like baby food...English isn't his first language either
    11-30-14 03:32 PM
    No they want the size and the simplicity of BBOS.
    Not BlackBerry 10. If you ate someone who isn't great with tech odds are you won't be a fan of BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    Not sure I understand this. If you ate (I think you meant "ain't") someone who isn't great with tech odds are you won't be fan of BlackBerry 10? (Also, that was a double negative....did you mean someone who "is" good with tech?)

Why? What do you mean "simplicity of BBOS? I think both OS's are pretty simple, it's just that BB10 left a lot of great features behind.

Personally, I have no problem with going to a bit of a larger phone from a 9900, but I just don't want to go backwards in terms of speed and efficiency if I can help it.
    mfurman and fryk like this.
    11-30-14 04:50 PM

People are willing to learn, but sometimes when you had something that was just so much more efficient (the red hangup button was always....always home) it's can get hard to deal with a lack of that home button or other super efficient shortcuts. You can't blame the person if they are trying.
    benbraun322 likes this.
    11-30-14 04:54 PM
    I trust that they are reading threads like these: BlackBerry add things dont remove things..and if you are not sure..ask you will get the answers that way
    fryk likes this.
    11-30-14 07:53 PM
    And the biggest thank you the classic will get from 9900 users is that .... the hour glass is gone. No more hour glass when conducting a universal search or anything else for that matter.
    11-30-14 07:53 PM
    correct me if im wrong but are blackberry fanboys, loyalists, etc are the biggest complainers, etc of the bunch?
    mkelley65 likes this.
    11-30-14 08:52 PM
    correct me if im wrong but are blackberry fanboys, loyalists, etc are the biggest complainers, etc of the bunch?
    Probably. Because we see the benefit ofbthe platform and want to make it better.

Those that didn't got tired of the beach ball and got an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 09:21 PM
    And the biggest thank you the classic will get from 9900 users is that .... the hour glass is gone. No more hour glass when conducting a universal search or anything else for that matter.
    I ditched that with my torch when I got my z10. However, searching was actually better on os7

Posted via CB10
    tx ram likes this.
    11-30-14 09:22 PM
    Second this.
    On 10.2.1 you hit search and the recent was here so second touch and you got what you looked for. Or you started typing instantly and got what was needed, be it search or action. I loved feature. I was using search button like some magic "do something" icon.
    Now on 10.3.1 you hit search then you have to touch text box, then all is slow, then after 2 seconds keyboard appears, then you can type. The "history" I didn't yet get used to, so the result is that it ruined one of the BB10 strong points.
    I would like very much ability to turn off voice assistant, because
    a) is slow like molasses so is useful in car but otherwise typing beats it every time
    b) limited number of supported languages means that you force it on many countries where is not useful at all

Posted via CB10
    Gotta agree

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 10:46 PM
    People are willing to learn, but sometimes when you had something that was just so much more efficient (the red hangup button was always....always home) it's can get hard to deal with a lack of that home button or other super efficient shortcuts. You can't blame the person if they are trying.
    Well it looks like someone understands....

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 11:57 PM
    Why are people complaining about having to touch a text box in the classic forum? It has a physical keyboard so you just start typing and it's brings up search results and instant actions.

I just tried on my passport and it seemed pretty instant. Am I missing something here?

Posted via CB10
    anon(9184750) likes this.
    12-01-14 12:53 AM
    When I had the Z30 I only used the search funktion by mistake a few times. I didn`t really need it.
    12-01-14 06:49 AM
    Probably. Because we see the benefit ofbthe platform and want to make it better.

Those that didn't got tired of the beach ball and got an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    This is something dumb to complain about and make such a big deal or big thread about.

You guys want BlackBerry to do good and be seen as good in everyone's eyes but you keep complaining about it.

Sure, your thoughts on this matter might be true but it's not a big deal, plus, it's something that can be easily fixed.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9184750) likes this.
    12-01-14 06:59 AM
    Why is it that we don't have something like this? Local search should be available separately from assistant.

I was always a fan of WebOS Just Type
    The single biggest complaint the classic will get from 9900 users-touchpad-overview-just-type-lrg.jpg
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    12-01-14 10:10 AM
88 1234