I'm going to Change SIMM card on another Network Provider for a little while. How can I do this and avoid losing all my files and phone setting (applications, etc)
    I did this one time in an older BlackBerry Bold model and didn't know password and lost everything.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 07:52 AM
    I'm going to Change SIMM card on another Network Provider for a little while. How can I do this and avoid losing all my files and phone setting (applications, etc)
    I did this one time in an older BlackBerry Bold model and didn't know password and lost everything.

Posted via CB10
    As long as you know your Classic's password, you will be fine.

The only reason you would "loose everything" when moving a device to a different carrier is if the device was carrier locked and you entered the wrong unlock code more than 10 times or your device is password protected and you entered the wrong password too many times, these can trigger security wipes.
    08-15-15 07:59 AM
    How do I know if my carrier locked the device. Do I have to get my phone unlocked even if I am the original first owner of phone? Is there a way I can find out on my phone settings if I would be okay? I'm leaving country Thursday night.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 10:38 AM
    How do I know if my carrier locked the device. Do I have to get my phone unlocked even if I am the original first owner of phone? Is there a way I can find out on my phone settings if I would be okay? I'm leaving country Thursday night.

Posted via CB10
    If you got the Classic from a carrier, under contract, it might be locked.
    If you got the Classic from Shop BlackBerry or an online retailer, not linked to a carrier contract, it is very likely unlocked.
    To tell if the device is carrier/SIM locked:
    • Go Settings/Security and Privacy/SIM Card
    • If the device is carrier/SIM unlocked, then it will say "Unlocked" in the three entries under Phone Network Lock.
    • If "Locked" is listed there, you will need to get an unlock code, normally from your current carrier or from a unlocking service.

If unlocked, then you should be able to use the device on any carrier the device's radio hardware is compatible with by swapping out SIM card and/or registering the device on the new carrier's network.

For more info on locked devices and how to unlock, see:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ctions-983967/
    08-15-15 12:28 PM
    This is screenshot of that area of my settings. Kinda confused about status. Tells me what to do if I want to unlock and the bottom has "Network Subset" "Service Provider" details. Not sure if it's unlocked. See picture below.
    SIMM Card Swapping and Security Settings (memory)-img_20150815_143411.png

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 01:38 PM
    If you are currently on an active network with your device and your Network is shown as Locked, then you will need to have your device unlocked.

It will then look like this:

SIMM Card Swapping and Security Settings (memory)-rfzbsxf.png
    08-15-15 02:12 PM
    Thanks. I see what you mean by the 3 sections. Mine only had the 2. I'm currently waiting for code from a private unlocking service person.

Posted via CB10
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    08-15-15 05:37 PM