I've seen several posts from users wanting custom ringtones for designated users to come through even in silent or bedside mode. My problem is the opposite. When I set it to silent, I need it to be silent, but I'm still getting embarrassing notifications from users with custom ringtones. How can I set it so that silent means silent?
    02-25-15 07:53 AM
    I've seen several posts from users wanting custom ringtones for designated users to come through even in silent or bedside mode. My problem is the opposite. When I set it to silent, I need it to be silent, but I'm still getting embarrassing notifications from users with custom ringtones. How can I set it so that silent means silent?
    If you set a custom ringtone for someone there is the option to "over ride" all other profiles. If this is turned on it will do exactly that.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 08:09 AM
    Thanks, but how do I do that? When I go to ringtone settings, it says I can set custom tones that will override the profile, but it does not say how to opt either to override or not. When I set the tone, I certainly did not ask it to override the profile, and I do not see any relevant option in settings or contacts.
    02-25-15 08:19 AM
    I wish we had the set up for ring tones under old style bbos 5/6/7. This allowed for your very own completely custom profile, even naming your own. As far as I know, it can't be done on bb 10....

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    02-25-15 09:35 AM
    I wish we had the set up for ring tones under old style bbos 5/6/7. This allowed for your very own completely custom profile, even naming your own. As far as I know, it can't be done on bb 10....

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    All of this can be done.
    Take a minute to explore notifications. It's really not so complicated
    02-25-15 09:59 AM
    I have taken quite a bit more than a minute to explore the manual and phone instructions (I don't even know what you mean by nofications) and am at a loss. If it's not so complicated, could you please give me a hint how to do it?
    02-25-15 10:32 AM
    I have taken quite a bit more than a minute to explore the manual and phone instructions (I don't even know what you mean by nofications) and am at a loss. If it's not so complicated, could you please give me a hint how to do it?
    I believe that its:

Settings->Notifications->contact notifications

Once in there, select the specific contact for which a custom notification is setup and toggle the override. I.e. For phone calls, set the sound to 'profile setting' instead of 'on'. Same goes for other categories like bbm, text, other etc.

Alternatively, you can also open your contacts and select the person you want to modify. Pick edit and then scroll to the bottom to access the custom notification settings for that person. It should take you to the same screen as the first method

Hope that helps

Posted via CB10
    I Watson likes this.
    02-25-15 05:34 PM
    Thanks, that worked. It was not at all obvious to me how to do that. From my recollection, my previous BlackBerries, including a Q10, prompted me to choose whether a custom setting overrode the silent profile.
    02-26-15 08:24 AM