Z30, never shut it off overnight.
    Ditto. Bedside mode.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    04-23-15 05:46 PM
    Just turn off the data so ur battery won't die, I have a z10 that may survive for 3 or 4 hrs before it dies when I turn the data off (just txt and calls are allowed) it will last a day and half before it even gets to 20%

Posted via cb10 Www.youtube.com/spookyentertainment
    04-23-15 06:24 PM
    Airplane mode at night for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 12:00 AM
    I used to use the automatic shutdown/turn on feature on BlackBerry os7.

I mis that feature on bb10

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 12:22 AM
    I used to use the automatic shutdown/turn on feature on BlackBerry os7.

I mis that feature on bb10

Posted via CB10
    It wasn't really shutting down you BBOS phone, it was the equivalent of the airplane mode nowadays. The phone was just on standby with radios turned off

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 12:22 PM
    When I had the Nexus 5 I restart it every night and the next day it's running smooth like always. For the Classic I only restart it when there's an update or if it's freezing. It's always sluggish right after it restarts so I try to avoid it as much as possible.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    04-24-15 01:13 PM
    Bedside mode. With the options: wireless connection off, and battery saving mode on.
    I guess it's about the same or possible even better than just using flight mode/airplane mode.
    Zeridialous likes this.
    04-24-15 01:35 PM
    It wasn't really shutting down you BBOS phone, it was the equivalent of the airplane mode nowadays. The phone was just on standby with radios turned off

Posted via CB10
    Yeah i know.
    But just the fact that you could set it for every day.
    Once you did it, you did not have to think about it...

I don't care if it really is "shut down", i just liked to set the time for every day and that made it easy for me and a lot of family members(which also loved that "simple" feature).

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 02:59 PM
    Yeah i know.
    But just the fact that you could set it for every day.
    Once you did it, you did not have to think about it...

I don't care if it really is "shut down", i just liked to set the time for every day and that made it easy for me and a lot of family members(which also loved that "simple" feature).

Posted via CB10
    For what reason would that serve? If it's not really shutting down, then you're just scheduling it to go on standby mode. If you needed to clear your memory or something I think that wouldn't do it??

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-24-15 03:03 PM
    For what reason would that serve? If it's not really shutting down, then you're just scheduling it to go on standby mode. If you needed to clear your memory or something I think that wouldn't do it??

It's not about clearing memory.
    I just liked that i could put it in that "bedside mode" for every day.
    I didn't have to think about it anymore.

I'm not complaining eh, just telling i liked that option

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    04-24-15 03:22 PM
    It's not about clearing memory.
    I just liked that i could put it in that "bedside mode" for every day.
    I didn't have to think about it anymore.

I'm not complaining eh, just telling i liked that option

Posted via CB10
    Oh ok, thought that's what most people say they turn off legacy phones for.

04-24-15 03:58 PM
    Can't tell when last I've turned off my phone at night.
    Customised Bedside mode at night while it charges and I would do a restart once a week at this time as well, so it won't inconvenience me while everything loads back up. Zippy in the morning when I wake.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 04:08 PM
    I never power off my BB10 phones at night, usually I enable airplane mode. Haven't had any problems since, best one was the Q10 which ran three or four weeks without a reboot. And the only thing reason why I rebooted was, if I remember correctly, a software update which required the restart.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 05:20 PM
    For those that turn theirs off or put it in airplane mode, you must have a land line? My cell is my only phone so I want to get a call if an emergency happens in my family.
    04-26-15 06:12 AM
    For those that turn theirs off or put it in airplane mode, you must have a land line? My cell is my only phone so I want to get a call if an emergency happens in my family.
    No land line. Turning off or Airplane Mode = do not disturb. I don't have the need nor desire to be available 24 hours a day.

Posted using my BlackBerry Passport.
    rayporsche likes this.
    04-26-15 06:32 AM
    No land line. Turning off or Airplane Mode = do not disturb. I don't have the need nor desire to be available 24 hours a day.

What if your mother goes to the hospital and is in critical condition? What if she died by the time you got the message when you woke up? I would not want that.
    04-26-15 06:42 AM
    What if your mother goes to the hospital and is in critical condition? What if she died by the time you got the message when you woke up? I would not want that.
    Both my parents are dead. I doubt that they have a long distance calling plan.
    I don't have siblings, and my wife is home when I turn off my phone. I doubt she would call me from the living room or kitchen, certainly not when she is laying next to me.

BroncoVAL and andy957 like this.
    04-26-15 07:01 AM
    Both my parents are dead. I doubt that they have a long distance calling plan.
    I don't have siblings, and my wife is home when I turn off my phone. I doubt she would call me from the living room or kitchen, certainly not when she is laying next to me.

Oh, sorry about your parents. Makes sense.
    04-26-15 07:09 AM
    Oh, sorry about your parents. Makes sense.
    Thanks, but no need to be sorry. Death comes to us all. My point is everyone's situation is different. If a person has kids, a spouse who works late at night, elderly parents, or might need to be on call day or night, then leaving a phone on 24 hours is a necessity or peace of mind. For others it insures a undisturbed and much needed night (day) sleep, not disturbed by Facebook etc notifications.

04-26-15 08:30 AM
    Psh, emergencies never happen, it's more important to not get disturbed while you sleep. You'll find out that a family member was stranded on the side of a highway in the morning when you wake up...

04-26-15 12:42 PM
    I never turn off my phone.. except for a restart once a week.. the only thing I turn off at night is the Data/Wifi.

Posted via my awesome Classic
    04-26-15 02:08 PM
    Psh, emergencies never happen, it's more important to not get disturbed while you sleep. You'll find out that a family member was stranded on the side of a highway in the morning when you wake up...

Aren't you a caring soul. I thought that bedside mode was for only allowing calls etc. from who you want.

I'll leave mine on because I don't want to find out someone I love died in the night when I could've maybe been able to say goodbye to them. But to each their own.
    04-26-15 05:03 PM
    Aren't you a caring soul. I thought that bedside mode was for only allowing calls etc. from who you want.

I'll leave mine on because I don't want to find out someone I love died in the night when I could've maybe been able to say goodbye to them. But to each their own.
    Obvious sarcasm should be obvious...

04-27-15 01:23 AM
    On 24-7

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 11:35 PM
    Obvious sarcasm should be obvious...

Nothing is obvious on here.
    04-29-15 07:07 AM
95 1234