I put a silver bezel on my q10 to give it a more bold like look. But the bold has a shiny bezel where mine is matte.

Thoughts?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using CB Forums mobile app
    04-16-14 10:39 PM
    I vote yes. Like that look. If I wasn't so afraid to ruin my Q I'd have done the silver bezel thing already.
    Alvin Loh likes this.
    04-16-14 10:54 PM
    Yes, and so should the Q30. I took my 9900 out of my drawer yesterday and it reminded me how great that silver bezel looked... Not only that, since it doesn't have to be painted, scratches and dents are harder to see unlike on my Q10 where the paint has slightly chipped off in some spots.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    Nemzy likes this.
    04-16-14 10:55 PM
    Yes would make it a truer classic .
    04-17-14 06:30 AM
    Absolutely YES.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 09:37 AM
    As much as I liked my Bold 9900, I don't really understand this need to try to emulate everything about it... I get the toolbelt because it has an actual purpose and use, but now we're going to try to emulate its look as well? I personally care more about function than anything else, and I definitely don't mind moving forward and having something different as long as it suits my PRACTICAL needs, which the toolbelt does. So I welcome the toolbelt not because of it being like the Bold, but because I have a need for the buttons and trackpad, that is all...

I think BB needs to keep moving forward with innovation. If that means adding back a feature they previously removed because it adds productivity, then great, but no need to move backwards in things that serve no practical purpose.

Besides, the black frame contrasts with the stainless frets that are notched in and actually gives a very unique look in my opinion...
    SmileDahling likes this.
    04-17-14 11:07 AM
    Agree. Also suggest to remove "Blackberry" and logo from battery door, as these dont have any PRACTICAL use.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 12:14 PM
    Agree. Also suggest to remove "Blackberry" and logo from battery door, as these dont have any PRACTICAL use.

Posted via CB10
    *sigh* Yes, because not wanting to copy the aesthetics of an old device is exactly the same as removing the branding...

That was such an intelligent response to what I've said. Thank you for stimulating my brain and restoring my faith in the intellectual ability of my peers...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-17-14 12:56 PM
    As much as I liked my Bold 9900, I don't really understand this need to try to emulate everything about it... I get the toolbelt because it has an actual purpose and use, but now we're going to try to emulate its look as well? I personally care more about function than anything else, and I definitely don't mind moving forward and having something different as long as it suits my PRACTICAL needs, which the toolbelt does. So I welcome the toolbelt not because of it being like the Bold, but because I have a need for the buttons and trackpad, that is all...
    Why would you want the phone to be less than ideal? And since the 9900 is considered such a fine piece of hardware to this day, it would actually be in BlackBerry's best interests to copy the design, other than the bigger screen.

For my part, the stainless steel does serve a practical purpose for making the phone more resistant to physical abuse.
    04-17-14 07:48 PM
    Why would you want the phone to be less than ideal? And since the 9900 is considered such a fine piece of hardware to this day, it would actually be in BlackBerry's best interests to copy the design, other than the bigger screen.

For my part, the stainless steel does serve a practical purpose for making the phone more resistant to physical abuse.
    I didn't say a single thing about the specs such as the screen size, I was talking only about the aesthetics. And the Q10 frame is made out of steel, just finished in black. The 9900 was like brushed aluminum I think with a plastic bottom painted to look like metal. The Q10 has stainless frets while the 9900 had plastic frets. The Q10 definitely has more premium materials than the 9900...

04-17-14 09:53 PM
    All black and one in all white
    04-17-14 09:59 PM
    A VERY BIG YEEEES! Love the shiny bezel on Bold devices!
    04-18-14 01:41 AM
    Yes! I'd like the silver bezel back. It makes the phone look more premium and expensive.
    04-18-14 10:25 PM
    100% Yes!

I changed the bezel on my Q10 to silver and it makes the phone look awesome!

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-18-14 10:40 PM
    I think the shiny silver bezel will look very nice and classy on the Q20. The mass market do not just want a phone for functionality but also a phone that looks good, so whether or not a silver bezel affects functionality, it should be added if it is more appealing to the mass market.

Ultimately, it is a matter of preference.
    04-18-14 10:41 PM
    I didn't say a single thing about the specs such as the screen size, I was talking only about the aesthetics. And the Q10 frame is made out of steel, just finished in black. The 9900 was like brushed aluminum I think with a plastic bottom painted to look like metal. The Q10 has stainless frets while the 9900 had plastic frets. The Q10 definitely has more premium materials than the 9900...
    I also said nothing about specs; you questioned why we should copy the aesthetics of the 9900, and I replied because its design has evolved to near perfection.

9900 is brushed stainless steel. The plastic at the bottom is only there to electrically isolate the charging contacts. Stainless frets would be nice though.
    04-19-14 05:25 AM
    I also said nothing about specs; you questioned why we should copy the aesthetics of the 9900, and I replied because its design has evolved to near perfection.

9900 is brushed stainless steel. The plastic at the bottom is only there to electrically isolate the charging contacts. Stainless frets would be nice though.
    I know why they had the plastic bottom, it was one reason I'm not too broken up about the Q10 not having charging contacts. And stainless or aluminum, either way, that wasn't a knock. Aluminum is actually just as expensive if not more so. My main point was simply that in terms of resisting damage and premium materials the Q10 is already at the level of the 9900 and a bit more since the 9900 only used the proprietary glass weave on the battery door while the rest of the back was rubberized plastic.

The shiny frame on the 9900 was merely a finish that adds nothing to the actual durability. Like I said, the Q10's frame is also metal...

04-19-14 11:26 AM
    I know why they had the plastic bottom, it was one reason I'm not too broken up about the Q10 not having charging contacts. And stainless or aluminum, either way, that wasn't a knock. Aluminum is actually just as expensive if not more so. My main point was simply that in terms of resisting damage and premium materials the Q10 is already at the level of the 9900 and a bit more since the 9900 only used the proprietary glass weave on the battery door while the rest of the back was rubberized plastic.

The shiny frame on the 9900 was merely a finish that adds nothing to the actual durability. Like I said, the Q10's frame is also metal...
    The glass weave exists to make the battery door as thin as possible to allow heat to be rejected from the battery. The rest of the back is rubber for grip. It also acts as a shock absorber; if you look closely, the steel rim is actually slightly tilted toward the screen with the rubber just barely protruding. With the back of the phone weighted heavier than the screen, it will land on the rubber when dropped. The stainless rim adds crush and abrasion resistance (aluminum is much softer). Charging contacts are there to allow quickly dropping the phone in a cradle for charging without destroying the USB port over time.

Everything about the 9900's outward appearance is functional.
    04-21-14 05:11 AM
    The glass weave exists to make the battery door as thin as possible to allow heat to be rejected from the battery. The rest of the back is rubber for grip. It also acts as a shock absorber; if you look closely, the steel rim is actually slightly tilted toward the screen with the rubber just barely protruding. With the back of the phone weighted heavier than the screen, it will land on the rubber when dropped. The stainless rim adds crush and abrasion resistance (aluminum is much softer). Charging contacts are there to allow quickly dropping the phone in a cradle for charging without destroying the USB port over time.

Everything about the 9900's outward appearance is functional.
    If the trim is stainless I'm going to polish mine! Free bling

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-21-14 07:28 AM
    Should be the least of people's worries. The Q10 moving forward from the 9900 HAD to have a black bezel or people would criticize it as a 9900 without a tool belt etcc.

BlackBerry definitely has designers aware of this issue and will react accordingly

Posted via SQN100-3
    04-21-14 09:00 AM
    I like the idea of a stainless bevel. Although why not be innovative and throw a little titanium into the mix

Posted via my Z30
    04-21-14 02:09 PM
    I like the idea of a stainless bevel. Although why not be innovative and throw a little titanium into the mix

Posted via my Z30
    The funds aren't there to even think along those lines. That would only be the case for a designer premium like the porsche design phone.
    04-21-14 07:44 PM
    The funds aren't there to even think along those lines. That would only be the case for a designer premium like the porsche design phone.
    Very true but it would be something quite special

Posted via my Z30
    04-23-14 09:40 AM
    Stainless steel like the 9900. I dropped my 9900 while running across a road ,skidded 20feet and the only damage were a few scratches on the steel and I used my dremel to remove those . Can't do that with plastic. Besides it just looks better.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 04:16 PM
    Stainless steel like the 9900. I dropped my 9900 while running across a road ,skidded 20feet and the only damage were a few scratches on the steel and I used my dremel to remove those . Can't do that with plastic. Besides it just looks better.

Posted via CB10
    And what phone is plastic?? I hope you don't think the Q10 is plastic...

04-23-14 06:22 PM
58 123