Like the 9900, 9700, and 9000 series: yes.

Like the Z30: infinite no.

Posted from my TARDIS!
    04-24-14 11:37 AM

black bezel all the way
    04-24-14 11:39 AM
    i think the Q10 looks better in silver
    Should the q20 have a silver bezel?-2014-04-09-19.51.21-2.jpg
    moyah8 and Alvin Loh like this.
    05-02-14 04:27 PM
    I put a silver bezel on my q10 to give it a more bold like look. But the bold has a shiny bezel where mine is matte.

Thoughts?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using CB Forums mobile app
    Most definitely!
    I love the shiny silver bezel look on my 9930... Such a polished look. Personally, I'll be a little disappointed if it doesn't - as it won't read quiet classic to me.
    05-02-14 09:53 PM
    Yes definitely a silver bezel. The build of the 9900 series was excellent.

Posted via CB10
    moyah8 likes this.
    05-02-14 11:45 PM
    Yes definitely a silver bezel. The build of the 9900 series was excellent.

Posted via CB10
    The Q10's build is actually better than the 9900...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-03-14 12:14 AM
    How about having both options Black or Silver maybe even Gold.

? BlackBerry Q10 ? Keep The Faith ?
    05-03-14 12:41 AM
    On a related note, I just ordered from ebay, basically every part except for the main board and screen, it has the frame, the midframe, keyboard, battery door, and the top part of the back with the flash. And this one came with the silver color bezel. I'm debating if I should install the silver frame or keep the one I have, lol. I kind of like the contrast of the stainless frets on the black frame...

05-03-14 12:55 AM
    The Q10's build is actually better than the 9900...

Not for me. For me I enjoy the build quality of the 9930 far more than my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 05:14 PM
    The stainless steel frets are fantastical.

Posted from my TARDIS!
    slagman5 likes this.
    05-03-14 07:35 PM
    Not for me. For me I enjoy the build quality of the 9930 far more than my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    So you prefer plastic frets, thin stamped metal bezel, plastic bottom plate, and a rubberized plastic back surrounding a thin sheet of glass weave covered in plastic, over stainless steel frets, steel chassis all around, and a rubberized all glass weave back? I think in terms of build quality the Q10 is miles ahead of the 9900, as much as I liked that phone, it was more flash and looks while the Q10 is actually higher quality.
    05-03-14 08:54 PM
    So you prefer plastic frets, thin stamped metal bezel, plastic bottom plate, and a rubberized plastic back surrounding a thin sheet of glass weave covered in plastic, over stainless steel frets, steel chassis all around, and a rubberized all glass weave back? I think in terms of build quality the Q10 is miles ahead of the 9900, as much as I liked that phone, it was more flash and looks while the Q10 is actually higher quality.
    Calm youself. I didn't kick your dog. For ME I think the 9930 is better. Never said YOU had to believe it also. I like the Q10 in fact I love it. I just happen to love the feel and finish of the 9930 more. Everything will be ok. Remain calm.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 10:41 PM
    Calm youself. I didn't kick your dog. For ME I think the 9930 is better. Never said YOU had to believe it also. I like the Q10 in fact I love it. I just happen to love the feel and finish of the 9930 more. Everything will be ok. Remain calm.

Posted via CB10
    Who's not calm? You do realize that this whole strawperson technique doesn't really work right? I'm simply making a statement of fact, no requirement to lose composure in order to do that. Well, at least not for me, I don't know what kind of person you are... If you're talking about looks, that's completely subjective and you're free to have whatever opinion you want. But if you're going to talk about build quality, that's something that can be measured, and therefore is more of a factual statement than opinion. Stainless steel is simply of higher quality than chromed plastic. No ifs ands or buts about it. But if you prefer the looks of the Bold 9900, then great, I really liked how it looked too, very handsome device indeed.

And from now on, mind if we stick to an actual discussion instead of this silly attempt to paint me as something easier to discredit? If your statements lack substance to the point that you have to resort to that silliness, then maybe it's simply a better idea to just not say anything at all. Mmm-kay? ;-)
    knownastron likes this.
    05-04-14 12:58 AM
    Not starting a argument at all. I never said the build quality of the 9930 was in fact better. I said I like the build quality better. Big difference. Re-read my original post. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You and I included. It's all in good fun.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 09:46 AM
    Not starting a argument at all. I never said the build quality of the 9930 was in fact better. I said I like the build quality better. Big difference. Re-read my original post. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You and I included. It's all in good fun.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, nobody is arguing with that, but so really, my original reply was correct, you prefer plastic frets, thin metal bezel with a plastic bottom, rubberized plastic back, and a sheet of glass weave. I never said that it was "wrong" for you to prefer that, I simply asked you in order to clarify that's what you mean. Well, good for you man. I personally prefer the all steel frame/bezel all around with stainless steel frets myself. It just feels so much more sturdy, but that's my personal preference. Nothing against the aesthetics of the 9900, it was a good looking phone, I just wish they would have made it with better materials...
    anon(1733) likes this.
    05-04-14 11:45 AM
    Why are we arguing on the Internet again?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 06:52 PM
    I prefer brush metal. A brushed finish will hide scratches much better than a polished one.
    05-06-14 12:57 AM
    The Q10 has only been around a year, so the build quality still has 2 years to go compared to the bold at this point.

If people are still using their Q10 phones 2 years from now,then we can compare the actual durability of the 2 phones.

There will still be people with working bolds around though.............................
    05-06-14 09:20 PM
    The Q10 has only been around a year, so the build quality still has 2 years to go compared to the bold at this point.

If people are still using their Q10 phones 2 years from now,then we can compare the actual durability of the 2 phones.

There will still be people with working bolds around though.............................
    Very true. Be interested to see this as well.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 11:55 PM
    I prefer brush metal. A brushed finish will hide scratches much better than a polished one.
    Me too, I also think a brushed look is more clean and professional looking, not flashy or seeming like I'm desperate for attention or something...
    05-07-14 01:17 AM
    I'd like the bezel to look like that of the Bold 9900...the bright polished look of stainless steel is beautiful.

Posted via CB10
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    05-09-14 12:49 AM
    I'd like the bezel to look like that of the Bold 9900...the bright polished look of stainless steel is beautiful.

Posted via CB10
    I strongly agree...

It also gives a more professional and robust look and feel to the device.
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    05-09-14 08:31 AM
    I strongly agree...

It also gives a more professional and robust look and feel to the device.
    I personally feel a brushed finish looks more professional than a shiny flashy finish, but that's just me...

05-09-14 11:56 AM
    I really don't mind colored aluminum as now metal in construction of high end phones is expected, back then it was a new thing so it was always shown off.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 03:32 PM
    As much as I liked my Bold 9900, I don't really understand this need to try to emulate everything about it... I get the toolbelt because it has an actual purpose and use, but now we're going to try to emulate its look as well? I personally care more about function than anything else, and I definitely don't mind moving forward and having something different as long as it suits my PRACTICAL needs, which the toolbelt does. So I welcome the toolbelt not because of it being like the Bold, but because I have a need for the buttons and trackpad, that is all...

I think BB needs to keep moving forward with innovation. If that means adding back a feature they previously removed because it adds productivity, then great, but no need to move backwards in things that serve no practical purpose.

Besides, the black frame contrasts with the stainless frets that are notched in and actually gives a very unique look in my opinion...
    Spot on, as usual. No reason to confuse consumers who might see the Q20 as just a 9900.. I prefer the black bezel, anyway, though.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 05:48 PM
58 123