05-16-17 05:52 PM
89 1234
tools
    Never had any real issues with the Classic and considered it one of the best having used all the keyboard BlackBerry...

Being a heavy WhatsApp user I was disappointed with the 'end of support' as of Dec 31... so I had to secure a Priv...

And I am loving it ... I like to see the faces of BlackBerry haters when I use the Priv around them...

Would love to share experiences and how you are coping with the switch...

The Classic was easy to lie on my back and type on... what is your solution? I find it better to use the horizontal keyboard in the case... you?

The slide out keyboard is a good backup but it I expected better from RIM given they have done so well with keyboards... they could have added the extra space so my fingers do not hit the top of the case when I get the top keys...

Thoughts on anything?

HUB forever...forever BlackBerry...
    10-30-16 10:04 AM
    Classic has heating problems too apart from the previous models. Something Blackberry should consider fixing.

Posted via CB10
    You're right about that. Especially if you're a heavy user of social media apps and android sideloads. I had the same issues with my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 11:40 AM
    Classic has heating problems too apart from the previous models. Something Blackberry should consider fixing.

Posted via CB10
    I have noticed that both the Classic and the Priv have battery heating issues. I know BlackBerry puts large batteries in there phone but shouldn't they be able to keep the temp normal
    10-31-16 12:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    experienced that too, the device a bit heat.

maybe some apps stuck, restarted my classic then it's fine..
    11-02-16 11:27 PM
    I really love the BlackBerry Classic and it has helped me with a lot of productivity related work but with the phone being discontinued and BlackBerry moving to android has me thinking for a Priv it has more apps and will have snapchat as well as still have Facebook and whatsapp. What is your opinion

Posted via CB10
    Kinda did the opposite - bought a Priv and used it for a few months. Started pining for OS 10 and so got a used Classic off eBay. It's now my daily driver.

Priv is in the box - I'll break it out every so often to keep it updated.
    11-04-16 11:24 PM
    No

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 02:52 PM
    No! in fact, you should be getting both.

Emperor of Texas & California.
    11-12-16 04:59 PM
    No

Posted via CB10
    I already bought the Priv in fact I do still have my Classic too it just does not operate with its Sim card
    11-13-16 10:00 AM
    If we have to go android then why Blackberry alone? We can always look at the huge set of options available.
    11-14-16 06:00 AM
    Got the memo today that our company will ditch all BlackBerry Devices and move to Iphones.
    Even the 3 or 4 privs around will be replaced
    Last 6 weeks with my beloved classic..
    11-14-16 09:13 AM
    Got the memo today that our company will ditch all BlackBerry Devices and move to Iphones.
    Even the 3 or 4 privs around will be replaced
    Last 6 weeks with my beloved classic..
    Why Iphones for business they are not good phones for that they should stick with BlackBerry
    11-14-16 04:33 PM
    Assuming the Classic could still access your company email system, just keep using it and give the iphone to kids/parents/wife/etc
    11-16-16 11:32 AM
    Blackberry is an email phone
    11-17-16 11:12 AM
    I had the Priv for a whopping 2-days...and sold it. If I had to make the choice, personally...I'd say I'm totally a BlackBerry guy over being an Android guy.
    11-17-16 12:11 PM
    I like my priv coming from a Z30.
    11-17-16 12:47 PM
    I like my priv coming from a Z30.
    If your coming from a Z30 you will defiantly like it
    11-17-16 12:48 PM
    My problem is :
    1- I need whatsapp running flawlesly (its part of my job, its essencial , its not for fun)
    2- I need a good keyboard experience
    The question is :
    In the end of the year, will whatsapp android be enough to keep me going with my irreplaceable classic keyboard experience ?
    Go Priv then.

Posted through my BlackBerry
    11-17-16 01:14 PM
    Why Iphones for business they are not good phones for that they should stick with BlackBerry
    Because it is not even a choice of the carrier like T-Mobile, Vodafone, AT&T etc. It is not always about the brand or OS. In most cases, a business phone will be used only for calling, texting and mails. But BlackBerry phones are not even cheap when they were new back then in 2013-2014.

11-17-16 01:20 PM
    Because it is not even a choice of the carrier like T-Mobile, Vodafone, AT&T etc. It is not always about the brand or OS. In most cases, a business phone will be used only for calling, texting and mails. But BlackBerry phones are not even cheap when they were new back then in 2013-2014.

Didn't you get the notification? Whatsapp is continued until July 2017
    So just wait for the Mercury

Posted via CB10
    11-18-16 03:41 AM
    I love my Classic but also use a Nexus 5X for specific apps. When it comes to the Price, everyone I talked to said how poorly it performs (slow to launch camera, heating issues, missed button presses when using virtual kb over the QWERTY).

It is up to you, they *all* might not be like that. But as far as the Classic, if you already have it, just keep it. Save the money.
    Dragnet Sound likes this.
    11-18-16 09:49 AM
    Lol, just read the title, not the post & realized my answer is irrelevant. That's what bc I get for not paying attention ::smacks self on head::
    11-18-16 09:51 AM
    Lol, just read the title, not the post & realized my answer is irrelevant. That's what bc I get for not paying attention ::smacks self on head::
    At this point this thread has just become a phone Discussion of any kind. I already got the Priv but I am amazed on how many responses there are and like too see how far they can go. And also loving my priv
    zeeten likes this.
    11-18-16 11:16 AM
    I would like to stay with Classic until BlackBerry releases a new android phone with pkb.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-16 08:37 PM
    I would like to stay with Classic until BlackBerry releases a new android phone with pkb.

Posted via CB10
    Respectable
    11-30-16 07:37 PM
    Well I gave my old classic to my sister when she broke her iPhone so I think I'm sticking with the priv
    12-22-16 05:15 PM
89 1234