Very good detail and points. I agree with them Lincoln. You are quite right indeed.
    Thank you

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-05-16 02:38 PM
    You're very welcome.
    10-05-16 05:04 PM
    I really love the BlackBerry Classic and it has helped me with a lot of productivity related work but with the phone being discontinued and BlackBerry moving to android has me thinking for a Priv it has more apps and will have snapchat as well as still have Facebook and whatsapp. What is your opinion

Posted via CB10
    I had the Priv for 14 days. I've been using my Classic for 22 months. That pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter . I'd just get a small Nexus tablet with wifi. It pretty much covers all your needs.
    10-06-16 07:59 AM
    I have had mine for nearly a year. It is simply large compared to the Classic, and has angular corners. This will cause some frustration early on. It's not bad without a case but it does feel delicate and risky without something.

I like the availability of apps but have grown to dislike the fragmented nature of it.

johnsliderbb likes this.
    10-06-16 09:15 AM
    In my opinion the Priv is for me I like all BlackBerry phones better than any Nexus IPhone or Samsung but the Priv has specs I need

10-06-16 01:10 PM
    I appreciate your help. Thanks in advance. Kind regards

10-06-16 01:24 PM
    Again, get both. At least for posterity.

Former California Governor.
    10-10-16 03:39 AM
    I'd say stick with the Classic. It's a "classic" blackberry which is probably why you wanted blackberry in the first place. If you want a faster version get the passport. Larger, bulkier, sure. Better processing system and speed? Definitely. IF you get the Priv I feel like you are getting neither the classic keyboard nor the full capabilities of an android phone. Personally, I love the trackpad and keys of the classic...
    johnsliderbb and Lefty724 like this.
    10-11-16 02:57 AM
    The PRIV, unlike its BB10 contemporaries, has a far greater quantity of apps typically bearing a higher quality. If you're wanting Facebook and Snapchat and WhatsApp, et cetera, then get a PRIV.

10-13-16 07:29 AM
    I'd say stick with the Classic. It's a "classic" blackberry which is probably why you wanted blackberry in the first place. If you want a faster version get the passport. Larger, bulkier, sure. Better processing system and speed? Definitely. IF you get the Priv I feel like you are getting neither the classic keyboard nor the full capabilities of an android phone. Personally, I love the trackpad and keys of the classic...
    yeah I know and I miss that I was not planning for this but for me the Classic BlackBerry I had that I loved was my Bold 9680 that was a legit phone but after 5 years it popped and died I tried to replace it with the Classic but it did not feel the same and I could not find that Bold again so after a year and a half with the Classic I figured out at this point I'm loyal to the BlackBerry brand so I decided to move on with the Priv Im a high school student and I needed certain apps to help me with that and stay more social the Classic was not a favorite at school and if anything the Priv worked out and I'm happy I liked the Classic but it was time to move on

10-16-16 07:07 PM
    Use both now you bought the Priv. Classic for emails and Priv for everything else.

10-16-16 07:22 PM
    Use both now you bought the Priv. Classic for emails and Priv for everything else.

That's how I roll. Iphone SE was replaced by Priv. Boy was it a perfect combination (classic for work/business, Priv for media /personal).

Emperor of Texas & California.
    Last edited by california governor; 10-28-16 at 09:46 AM.
    nglfmark likes this.
    10-16-16 09:07 PM
    I already sold my Classic to another BlackBerry user

10-16-16 09:18 PM
    If you have the squid, get both. Nothing wrong about it.

Last edited by california governor; 10-28-16 at 09:45 AM.
    10-17-16 06:53 PM
    OK so I ended up keeping my Classic but not as a phone more as an email tool because the hub on priv is a little laggy but I don't think that will be for long tho

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno and nglfmark like this.
    10-26-16 03:24 PM
    if you need lot of apps I think you should switch to Priv or any android devs.

I got Classic too I like it but needs to change device since WA ends in December in OS 10
    10-26-16 09:34 PM
    if you need lot of apps I think you should switch to Priv or any android devs.

I got Classic too I like it but needs to change device since WA ends in December in OS 10
    Oh I kept both Priv is my primary phone I just use the Classic as a email tool because I like it's trackpad but it won't last long my classic is likely to join my old Bold on the BlackBerry memories
    10-27-16 12:35 PM
    My problem is :
    1- I need whatsapp running flawlesly (its part of my job, its essencial , its not for fun)
    2- I need a good keyboard experience
    The question is :
    In the end of the year, will whatsapp android be enough to keep me going with my irreplaceable classic keyboard experience ?
    Last edited by aluiziomachado; 10-27-16 at 01:23 PM.
    10-27-16 01:03 PM
    In the end of the year, will whatsapp android be enough to keep me going with my irreplaceable keyboard classic experience ?
    Possibly for a while, but as time goes on chances are things may stop working. If you're lucky, some features may stop working while the rest of the app continues to work. If you're unlucky, you'll just find yourself cut off (like say, WhatsApp issues some required update and the update doesn't work at all on Classic) .

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 01:12 PM
    Possibly for a while, but as time goes on chances are things may stop working. If you're lucky, some features may stop working while the rest of the app continues to work. If you're unlucky, you'll just find yourself cut off (like say, WhatsApp issues some required update and the update doesn't work at all on Classic) .

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I think these are the questions for many and, thinking on this way like you described, its fair to conclude that a good survivor time for Classic with whatsapp is about 6 months from the end of the year
    10-27-16 01:52 PM
    The Priv's keyboard isn't as good as the Classic's, but it's a lot better than it was at launch, and I've gotten pretty fast with it. Way better than any VKB.

My issue is with Android, and the way it times out or restarts apps when apps are hibernating. Instead of saved states, I get a freshly restarted app, often losing my place (or even an email that I was typing, but was interrupted by a phone call).

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 11:01 AM
    If you really want the keyboard, the Priv will serve as an acceptable replacement otherwise just grab the DTEK50 or if you are a power user, the DTEK60.
    10-29-16 12:18 PM
    I finally bit the bullet and made the move from Classic to Priv. Having a PKB is essential to me, and have just got tired of not being able to use apps that are needed in daily life.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 02:21 PM
    Both are fairly inexpensive now, get both. At least for posterity, get them.

10-29-16 06:14 PM
    Classic has heating problems too apart from the previous models. Something Blackberry should consider fixing.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 06:21 PM
89 1234