I really love the BlackBerry Classic and it has helped me with a lot of productivity related work but with the phone being discontinued and BlackBerry moving to android has me thinking for a Priv it has more apps and will have snapchat as well as still have Facebook and whatsapp. What is your opinion

Posted via CB10
    08-15-16 06:56 PM
    Well, only you can answer that.

As for me, as I do not require a slew of apps AND I do not think Blandroid is significantly private enough compared to BB, read different from stock Android AND I like things such as email, file manager, etc to work out of the box, I would not switch. That is just me.

I fully realise others require apps and like to modify the HECK out of their phone.
    johnsliderbb likes this.
    08-15-16 07:37 PM
    At the price point now, yes. Amazing phone, build quality B plus.

If selfies aren't big for you, which I assume. Buy, buy

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-16-16 12:06 AM
    I've had the same thoughts of ditching my Classic, but the consistent over heating problems that have existed from launch keep me away from the Priv.

08-16-16 12:17 AM
    I think if the Classic does well for your needs keep it, if not get a Priv. I use Facebook through the browser and it works fine, plus you don't have to worry about Facebook directly spying on you as if you were to install their malicious malware android app that wants to know everything about you. Also, I don't see how an Android device will ever be secure as long as it has Google's surveillance OS. As long as one is allowing Google onto their device, it will never be private.

Posted via CB10
    johnsliderbb likes this.
    08-16-16 12:34 AM
    I just switched from a priv to the classic. I had android on all all my cell phones I have ever owned and getting the priv I felt that it took away from the blackberry feel I was looking for. The os is great with all the support from the app store but it's just like every other android with a slide out keyboard.

The keyboard was a little disappointment for me. The keys are shallow due to the super thin design so from that there is no real confirmation of the keys being pressed and will second guess your typing. However the on screen keyboard is a dream and very intuitive.

I'm definitely not bashing my priv I still use today just not as my daily driver.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-16 05:28 PM
    I never had a classic. I was afraid to go to a pkb because I'd never had one. After using the priv I know I had nothing to fear. With that said, I put my z30 on backup status because the browser was just getting unusable. Needs updated badly. I switched to a priv for that reason because I saw that I was going to have to go back to android eventually anyway. I loved my z30 and bb10 but in the end I needed things to work. I say buy. I've never had an issue with mine overheating, the battery is almost as good as my z30 was most days and while I didnt need a lot of apps when my bb10 browser was working well. I use several now just because I can. I miss bb10 some but its nothing I cant get around. I was an android user before bb10 and while I wish it had been different at least there's enough BlackBerry in my priv to make it better

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    outlawglamour likes this.
    08-16-16 06:20 PM
    I just made the switch and I have to say I am happy so far. The phone is great. Build is good. No heating so far for me.
    It's a different os that I have to get used to, but I'm sure I will.

08-17-16 01:33 PM
    I think you will like it. I know they added pinch to filter on marshmallow but I don't have it yet on Verizon. What I do have is the productivity tab that let's me see my unread emails for the day. Another thing I just recently started looking at and using are the homescreen shortcuts. Dadgum those are sweet. I changed the swipe up and right feature from going to the hub to locking my phone. I have a ringtone volume shortcut on my homescreen that puts my phone on vibrate with one touch. Touch it again and I get a volume slider like bb10. Saves button wear and its quick. I have a folder set up with speed dial icons for my most called contacts that would have normally been in favorites. Same for texting. There's even a dialer shortcut . I'm telling you, don't ignore those like I did. You will love your priv even more if you utilize the ones that work for you

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    08-17-16 01:51 PM
    what is PKB?
    08-17-16 02:32 PM
    Physical keyboard--like on the Priv slider and Q10.
    08-17-16 09:05 PM
    I really love the BlackBerry Classic and it has helped me with a lot of productivity related work but with the phone being discontinued and BlackBerry moving to android has me thinking for a Priv it has more apps and will have snapchat as well as still have Facebook and whatsapp. What is your opinion

Posted via CB10
    I think your opening post already made your choice clear in respect of getting an Android powered device.

All the apps you mentioned have all but left BlackBerry, so follow your head and go Android.

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    ziminghong likes this.
    08-18-16 12:47 PM
    Thank you for all the replies and I did end up getting a Priv and have little to no regret of it

10-01-16 09:03 AM
    Thank you for all the replies and I did end up getting a Priv and have little to no regret of it

Congrats and good luck! If you still can, I suggest you keep your Classic as a change-of-pace or backup phone, or perhaps you might consider making your Classic the home of a second line (not dedicated to core apps if yours like FB and WhatsApp).

Posted via CB10 on my VZW  Z30 STA100-3 on at&t | 10.3.2.2813
    10-01-16 10:52 AM
    Get both.

Emperor of Texas & California.
    10-01-16 06:34 PM
    I know I would. it's just my personal opinion and I know many that wouldn't either. it just depends on what you're looking for, what you like more and why you're swtiching. Support? updates? Apps?

do some research on it and see what you think about it overall.
    10-01-16 06:46 PM
    Coming from a Classic the keyboard on the Priv will be really bad. Not even tolerable. So in that case I don't see any reason to go with a phone that's supposed to be special because of the keyboard when the keyboard is basically just garbage. Also the front camera is really bad. Just like on Passport,Classic so there is not possibility for using it as your snapchat multi media phone. Buy the Dtek 60.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-16 07:08 AM
    No. Get the Priv sure but is cumbersome to use due to the size and weight distribution.

#workwide #OG Black
    10-02-16 10:26 AM
    I have to agree with the above posters. the weight, the shape and size, the screen and Keyboard will be much different than any BB10 device. it will be very different and may not make you happy because it surely didn't do it for me. I ended up wasting my money on a priv for no reason and end it up selling it and loosing so much money... I don't recommend it and I wouldn't buy it. then again it depends on what you're looking for and what you're comfortable with.
    10-02-16 12:02 PM
    I would consider it to try it out, but be sure to keep the Classic around as a change-of-pace, backup device or additional line.

Posted via CB10 on my  SQN100-2 Q10 | 10.2.2888 | VZW 4GLTE Network
    Last edited by Avenzuno; 10-04-16 at 08:34 PM.
    10-04-16 04:49 PM
    I am one of the dual-wielding folks out there and as such I own both a Classic as well as the Priv. If forced to be reduced to just one device it would be VERY easy for me to choose my Classic over my Priv, even to this day. The Classic is just more my style. The form-factor, the typing experience it just cannot be beaten. My Priv's keyboard, while still holding the BEST typing experience on any Android to date, is NOT among the best BlackBerry keyboards offered. It is awkward to use esp if you are of the few like me who still value a comfortable tactile feedback typing experience. Plus I value (even though essentially dead) what BB10 brings me vs what Android offers as far as OS goes... Overall the Priv is where I go for the few random entertainment apps I don't really need, but still enjoy using occasionally while my Classic is still my go to, my daily driver and powerhouse workhorse when it comes to what I actually require from my mobile device. Texts, calls and emails can't be beaten via a Classic... The Priv will pale greatly in comparison if this is what you mostly use your cell phone for in my most honest opinion...

Posted via CB10
    10-04-16 08:47 PM
    Don't do it you will regret it!

The Priv is unwieldy and thus awkard - unless you are used to the phablet sized phones, which you do not seem to be coming from a classic.

The Priv while a decent size compared to other phablets, it's still a pita to carry around if you are used to the portability of the Classic.

Get both but don't get rid of the classic

#whatisclassic
    10-05-16 06:58 AM
    I agree with above poster. you might not enjoy the phablet size experience. However, If you so like it and can possibly get used to it then it's the device to go for especially now. Support will definitely be there for the Priv, no lacking apps, updates, security patches, these are the things you would end up getting with the priv thay you possibly won't ever get with a BB10 devices. Seeing as you're using a classic now it could be a little hard to transfer over... I myself am a q10 user and have used my friends priv multiple times and I have been completely fine with it and the keyboard. I think it's a very great blackberry device to move forward with. I guess it just really depends on you and what you're looking for at this point. Good luck
    Avenzuno likes this.
    10-05-16 11:53 AM
    I have had the Priv for a week and in my opinion I like it better than the Classic this phone is great. But I tried to wait with BB10 but let's be honest now that 10.3.3 update has been delayed for months and I don't think it is coming anytime soon I did not have many needed apps such as facebook and instagram. I'm always a loyal BlackBerry costumer I will never buy a non BlackBerry phone ever but it was time to face facts BlackBerry hardware future is android there not even gonna build there own phones anymore I know there are many BB10 diehards out there but BlackBerry may say there could be another BB10 phone but it won't happen for a long while they have a lot of thing they need to get together before they can even consider going towards BB10 again. I love BB10 I do but I need a BlackBerry I count on for apps.

10-05-16 12:00 PM
    Very good detail and points. I agree with them Lincoln. You are quite right indeed.
    10-05-16 02:30 PM
89 123 ...