Hello everyone, I've been looking at a classic ever since my bold 9900 gave up the ghost however I've noticed that the q10 is quite a bit cheaper and I'm using a z10 at the moment and it's good but I do miss the physical keyboard, is the bigger screen, track pad and tool belt worth the extra money or should I go for a q10 until maybe the next classic?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 02:19 AM
    I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. Also the passport might be worth considering. I will be 100% honest with you, both the Passport and the Q10 will take some getting used to and you WILL miss the toolbelt. Since you already know BB10 you won't have an issue with that. That being said once you get over the learning curve you will find the Q10 and the passport to be excellent devices, especially the passport, the screen is amazing!
    04-21-15 08:11 AM
    I've had both the Q10 and currently use the Classic as my daily driver. While I enjoyed my time with the Q10, the classic is a far better experience IMO. The spacing of the keyboard alone is worth using the Classic over the Q .

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 08:49 AM
    Choose The classic,just because its a little bigger

@ BB classic
    04-21-15 11:27 AM
    Classic has a much better quality screen and it's bigger too.

Even if you like AMOLED the pixel density is still noticeably poor on the Q10.

Posted via Z10
    04-21-15 12:00 PM
    Classic all the way

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 12:01 PM
    With very similar internal specs, chasis features are:
    Q10 is more compact and has removable battery. Battery contact issues have been reported but usually "fixable" with tape or paper. Lack of toolbelt crippled Q10, IMO. Others disagree. Lack of physical "end" key makes it more "Phablet" than phone, IMO.

Classic has larger screen, slightly better keyboard (IMO), Paratek antenna (!!!), AND ToolBelt. Most, but not all, seem to get along fine with its extra sized fixed battery.

Q10 was my daily driver for about 3 months (Z10 nine months before that) before I went back to 9900. It then provided "phablet" service till my PassPort came along. . I still carry 9900 as backup but Classic is hands down primary carry. No brainer, IMO. Your mileage may vary, tho.
    Andrew Stannard likes this.
    04-21-15 02:18 PM
    just take the Classic man.

When you had the chance to see both screens side by side you will instantly take the Classic.....

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 03:18 PM
    If you do not mind to pay little bit more for better screen, better build quality, battery lasting longer, go for the Classic, no doubt you will recognize the upgrade if you wanted or used Q10

Enjoy the Classic

From my Classic
    04-21-15 04:29 PM
    Purchased classic and am currently trying to sell it on eBay. It's larger than a q10, heavier, has no removable battery. Those were enough reasons for me to sell it.

My q10 is currently out of service as I await parts but once I get it fixed I am going back to it.
    04-21-15 07:00 PM
    I've had both the Q10 and currently use the Classic as my daily driver. While I enjoyed my time with the Q10, the classic is a far better experience IMO. The spacing of the keyboard alone is worth using the Classic over the Q .

Posted via CB10
    ^This^

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    04-21-15 07:50 PM
    Get both, then get a passport.

The classic is the better choice because you can swap out Sims with the passport.
    04-21-15 08:10 PM
    The Classic is bigger with the nice trackpad and menu buttons, but the battery isn't removable.
    The Q10 is smaller which small can be good at times. Minus the trackpad and menu buttons, but the battery is removable. Mugen Power has a damn 4400mAhbattery for it, so that's pretty clutch.
    Personal preference....
    04-22-15 04:14 AM
    You will feel more at home with the classic compared to the Q10.. Love that toolbelt..

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 06:18 AM
    Classic for sure.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    04-22-15 06:37 AM
    CLASSIC ALL THE WAY it's my favorite BlackBerry 10 device to date!!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 09:09 AM
    I've had a Q5 (which I guess is the same size as the Q10) and just got a Classic. The Classic is much more usable due to its extra size for me, and despite being baffled by the idea of it when the phone was fist announced, the toolbelt really is pretty darn good!
    04-22-15 04:24 PM
    Classic is better because it has a larger screen and battery. Q10 is better because it has a removable battery and the charger bundle accessory. Some people prefer the compactness of the Q10. Some people prefer to have the 'toolbelt'. Both devices have pros and they're both excellent at what they do. If you need to save money, then a Q10 might be a better option for you. They're both great and I own both. The only devices I'm using right now though are my Classic and Passport due to the micro sim and the fact I don't have the adapter necessary to go between the new BlackBerry 10's and the launch devices.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 04:59 PM
    Had the Q10 and now using the Classic as my daily driver. Love the larger LCD screen, keyboard, trackpad for accuracy, weight (harder to drop), looks - gorgeous phone. Feels more premium than my Q10 did.

Posted via Classic
    04-23-15 07:06 AM
    Classic is better because it has a larger screen and battery. Q10 is better because it has a removable battery and the charger bundle accessory. Some people prefer the compactness of the Q10. Some people prefer to have the 'toolbelt'. Both devices have pros and they're both excellent at what they do. If you need to save money, then a Q10 might be a better option for you. They're both great and I own both. The only devices I'm using right now though are my Classic and Passport due to the micro sim and the fact I don't have the adapter necessary to go between the new BlackBerry 10's and the launch devices.

Posted via CB10
    I dual wield both devices as well.
    04-23-15 07:21 AM
    Get the Q10. I've sold the Classic after few days. I need easy acces to SD Card, removeable battery, everything the Q10 has!!
    The Q10 got a nice glaswave back, the Classic cheap rubber back!
    (the rubber on the Classic smells a lot like cheap china plastic- on mine it was a disaster).
    The built quality is much higher on the Q10.

Posted via Q10Bold
    04-23-15 07:24 AM
    Purchased classic and am currently trying to sell it on eBay. It's larger than a q10, heavier, has no removable battery. Those were enough reasons for me to sell it.

My q10 is currently out of service as I await parts but once I get it fixed I am going back to it.
    Those are the reasons I bought the Classic and also has a nice bigger screen .
    04-23-15 07:43 AM
    I would recommend the Classic over the Q10 for a few reasons:

1. The Classic's screen is an IPS LCD whereas the Q10 is AMOLED, as such the Classic has better color reproduction and is brighter and easier to see in direct sunlight compared to the Q10.
    2. The battery life is better on the Classic. For me, the non-removable battery is not an issue and if I really need a spare battery I can use a micro USB portable battery pack which is also compatible with other devices versus having to swap out the battery.
    3. The keyboard feels better to type on due to the phones slightly larger size and the different shape of the individual keys.
    4. The tool belt is quite useful, especially for navigating pages in the browser and other elements of the phone.
    nmduc073 likes this.
    04-23-15 09:22 AM
    On a whim I just stopped into the Verizon store here in NYC down on Canal Street, in Chinatown, thinking "surely they won't have any BlackBerry phones on display, but why not?" Lo and behold the guy points me right over to the Classic. I whipped out my Q10 to compare and I could not believe the difference - the screen was like a beacon compared to my pale Q10 (both on equal brightness setting), the screen size made a huge difference, for example when I pulled up the NYT on both browsers, significantly more content was visible on the Classic, and something I hadn't ever thought I missed, the trackpad - selecting text was as quick and easy as I remember it, way beyond even the fine touchscreen system they developed for the Q10. Also, the keypad was noticeably bigger on the Classic.

Not only that, but I then hopped on the R train to come home, and bam, there's a kid with a passport sitting there swiping around on the phone. Looked very cool, blazingly fast, but for my limited-use purposes, overkill.
    04-23-15 03:04 PM
    I had a Q10 and then got a Classic. I never thought that such a small difference between two devices' screens on paper will make such a huge different in real life. The screen on Classic is MUCH bigger and there is a lot more information displays on Classic. Never will go back to Q10. After Classic the Q10 seems so cartoonish also the screen of the Q10 (in compare to classic) is so greenish and ugly.

But, the game changer for me was a toolbelt. Oh, what a huge pleasure to pick up the phone (and end the call) with physical buttons! And trackpad increases the usability so much. I rearly touch the screen, I always use trackpad.

To make a long story short, I can't imagine why someone could get Q10 instead of classic...
    nmduc073 and Zeridialous like this.
    04-24-15 04:05 AM