Why not? Classic just has the right form and size for me.

Posted via Classic
    08-28-15 12:42 PM
    A Classic for someone your age might not be the best fit. For me, it really comes down to a trade off between having a physical keyboard and trackpad versus living with a small screen. If your intention is to use the Classic as your portable Netflix viewing platform, don't bother. If email, text and notifications are more important and you like using a trackpad and keyboard shortcuts, then go for it.

With that said, you can always hook up your Classic to a TV (monitor) using an HDMI adapter, or use Blend on a tablet. Or, like me you can switch on magnifier mode (settings) and just blow up any video to fit in the square screen (like programs on old tube TV's... which you might not remember).

I always thought the Classic was kind of a hipster phone. Sort of old fashioned and modern at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 05:45 PM
    It's the phone God's telling you to get a Blackberry, Maybe that's Chens new method of marketing.
    Chen has a marketing method? Who knew?

Posted from CB10
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    08-28-15 06:57 PM
    Realistically I think when you tried the Curve you liked the keyboard and that's the reason for the dream. IMO I think people are somewhat hardwired to like glass or keyboards to type on. I travel with 2 phones my Moto X 2nd Generation and my BB 9930. The skill sets for both glass and keyboard are different and I think it's important to know how to use both. No phone is perfect! Personally I would get the Classic/Passport just to be different. T500J
    08-28-15 07:36 PM
    It's the phone God's telling you to get a Blackberry, Maybe that's Chens new method of marketing.
    Lmao made my night.

Posted via Silver Passport.
    08-28-15 10:31 PM
    Yes and no.

Z30 STA100-5 -- OS 10.3.2.2168 -- stable.
    08-28-15 10:55 PM
    "I would wait to buy a BlackBerry. Until BlackBerry let us know what their future plans are with bb10 and android."

so, until BlackBerry proves it will keep making phones you must buy a different kind of phone? The reason for buying a BlackBerry is not the features of the phone but for phone security? whether BlackBerry want to keep making phones depends on how many people buy them, does it not?
    08-28-15 11:22 PM
    I just picked up the Classic last night and I'm having buyer's remorse already. It is so slow to browse the Internet, and I haven't tried watching a video yet. I really liked my Sony Xperia but wanted the BlackBerry keypad again. I thought surely the browser etc. must have improved.
    08-29-15 03:39 PM
    I went from sony (Z2) to classic too and i think the browser is good

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 03:59 PM
    Nothing wrong with the browser works perfectly fine one of the best browsers out there.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 04:08 PM
    Browsing is fast on the Classic. Check your WIFI connection.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 04:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 10:56 PM
    Picked up a brand new one for 250 today and getting used to how tiny it is (coming from passport).

Writing on this keyboard seems more natural even though this is only the second time I've used the kb.

It took me a few weeks of pp kb to be OK with it. I never got very good with it.

The reason I got the classic today is because I am returning the $580 se pp I bought. Since the future of BB10 is so uncertain at this point I may as well use this cheaper phone to wait it out and minimize my loss if I do end up selling in case BlackBerry goes full android and kills bb10.

I would say to the op, go for it. I think it's a cool little phone. Just need to get used to the small screen!

Posted via Telephone.
    08-29-15 11:05 PM
    Picked up a brand new one for 250 today and getting used to how tiny it is (coming from passport).

Posted via Telephone.
    Where did you get it from for 250?

Posted using Z30 | OS 10.3.2.2339 | Radio 10.3.2.2640
    08-29-15 11:14 PM
    They're not 'killing' BlackBerry 10. Chen has mentioned over and over how BlackBerry needs their own end to end solution which includes BlackBerry 10. Seriously stop.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 05:16 PM
    I found my Blackberry Classic to be more "locked down" by Corporate than my previous Bold.
    I could tether on my Bold no problem right up until I traded the Bold for a Classic, they look the same only a bigger screen. Big differences in operating systems!
    Tethering was no longer possible as it was blocked.
    We were locked out of the Link Software AND if the Classic is plugged into a Win 7 computer and it goes into an inactive state (monitor shuts off computer still running) it will BLUE SCREEN Windows 7. Horrible Software.
    I also feel the phone is very non-intuitive about how to use compared to a Bold. I don't like it.
    If you are a Corporate Person and have an option to upgrade my advice is to delay as long as possible.
    08-30-15 07:11 PM
    I second that!
    02-01-16 07:41 AM
    Similar dream thing happening to me. I own a Z30 and keep dreaming of buying a Classic.

Posted using Z30 | 10.3.2.2339
    I own both and although the Classic is a nice device, it's no Z30 when consumption of media is needed.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    02-01-16 09:12 AM
    I found my Blackberry Classic to be more "locked down" by Corporate than my previous Bold.
    I could tether on my Bold no problem right up until I traded the Bold for a Classic, they look the same only a bigger screen. Big differences in operating systems!
    Tethering was no longer possible as it was blocked.
    We were locked out of the Link Software AND if the Classic is plugged into a Win 7 computer and it goes into an inactive state (monitor shuts off computer still running) it will BLUE SCREEN Windows 7. Horrible Software.
    I also feel the phone is very non-intuitive about how to use compared to a Bold. I don't like it.
    If you are a Corporate Person and have an option to upgrade my advice is to delay as long as possible.
    I'd have to disagree, I've had 3 different BlackBerry 10 devices over the past 3 years on a enterprise account over BES. The only limitation set against each device was accessing my corporate email and files over BlackBerry Link. It's all about how your IT department is applying policy within their MDM solution and if their using the work side of your BlackBerry 10 device to push those policies. You might want to contact you IT group about your described situation.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    02-01-16 09:18 AM
    They're not 'killing' BlackBerry 10. Chen has mentioned over and over how BlackBerry needs their own end to end solution which includes BlackBerry 10. Seriously stop.

Posted via CB10
    Quite right, Bucky. I've only been a Classic owner for less than two months, love it, best phone I've ever had.
    And I get sick and tired of the BB10-knockers on the forums.
    BB10 is up and running and a viable platform UNTIL BB announce its demise. As it has not done so, and Mr.Chen has announced his support for BB10, why the hysteria?
    Just enjoy BB10........really.

Have a BB day,
    Phil
    02-01-16 06:20 PM
45 12