I've been looking at the bb ecosystem and I want to get one and I have narrowed it down to 2 options. Priv and classic, which should I buy?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-21-16 04:22 PM
    Which do you like BB10 or android, that's the difference.
    06-21-16 04:25 PM
    I think you're asking a pretty broad question.
    If you were interested in specific aspects, then we could be of more use.

For now, I think you should go to a local cell phone provider and test out the phone for yourself.

For the Classic: test out how you like the trackpad, and how you like the feel of typing on that keyboard. See if the 1:1 screen works for you. Then thumb through the BlackBerry10 operating system and see if you like it.

For the Priv: test out how you like the touch-capacitive keyboard, since it's supposed to act as a mouse kind of. And test out how you like the keyboard. See if you like the 16:9 screen of the slider, and see how you like the Android operating system.

Choose which one you like best.
    If you aren't ready to buy after testing the two demo phones, then come back and ask us specific questions about each phone. We'll answer them for you. Often times we will have more insightful answers than the guys at the phone shops

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    06-21-16 05:04 PM
    I chose the Classic. I really like BB10. It's different but every week it seems I learn a new "trick". I'm up for an upgrade but I'm gonna wait for the next batch of BB phones and then see how I feel. But I'm a grandpa who wears wingtips, traditional cut suits, drives a 1998 Lexus LS400 who gets ridiculed for his selection of swim trunks. Yeah, I'm old school and happy.

I just got tired of iOS and don't want a Samsung unless it has a really big screen (50 Inch +). There's a certain indescribable joy swimming against the current.
    CB-BB-BBM likes this.
    06-21-16 05:52 PM
    Here here The Classic is a utilitarian's dream. If you've not come across this thread, it's a great intro for the device.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=987465

As far as must have apps in context to the above, try Light Anytime and doo.

 Classic via CB
    06-21-16 08:04 PM
    Classic. Don't like android. Ymmv.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-16 12:36 AM
    If you want apps then priv, if you don't care about apps then Classic.

Personally I use both

Posted via CB10
    06-22-16 02:40 AM
    What are your specific needs, including budget?

I have a Classic and really enjoy it, but there are some limitations for me work-wise. We use Google apps at work with the dual-factor authentication and I have not been able to get Google Hangouts working outside of using the mobile web site, which is clunky.
    So, if I had the ready cash and wasn't locked into a contract, then I would likely purchase a PRIV.
    The bigger screen would also be beneficial at times.

However, the Classic rocks for doing emails, etc.

It all comes down to what apps do you need - Android / PRIV have at TON more apps.
    06-22-16 10:12 AM