Yeah man, I hear ya. Glad I'm not the only one. LoL

Posted via CB10
    07-20-15 08:08 PM
    The Passport on T-Mobile didn't work on 4G LTE, do you have LTE band on yours?

Some iPhone users still find it hard to accept that there is life beyond apple products.. my brother is one of them

 Posted via my BlackBerry Passport!
    I do get LTE. I can't lie, I feel as though my 6Plus got more LTE, but I'm happy with my LTE coverage on my Passport. Maybe you got a different version? PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680 <---- my info.

Post via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    juanjo322 likes this.
    07-20-15 10:22 PM
    No. You should consider Android....

Lie. You should use a device you think have all your particular need covered. iOS, Android, WP, etc.

For me, Classic + BB10 = perfect

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 06:48 AM
    There's just something about BB. It's hard to put into words. I'm slowly weaning off my iPhone. I guess part of me longs to see the "underdog" win. I'm very happy I've made the switch.
    07-21-15 06:55 AM
    Depends what you want and need your phone to do.
    Words to live by.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 09:08 AM
    OP, I think this has been said before, but you need to find what fits your needs the most. If your a communication first person, you can't go wrong with the BlackBerry. If you an apps driven person, Android and iPhone would be your best bet.

Simple advice
    Apps
    BlackBerry < iOS and Android
    I mean this in simple terms. There are work arounds and other things you can do, but iOS and Android are simple.

Communication
    iOS and Android < BlackBerry
    NOTHING beats BlackBerry when it comes to actually communicating with people. The HUB is awesome. Whether touch or keyboard, BlackBerry outshines everyone here. You can reply to or generate a text, email, fb message or status, twitter reply or tweet, and a lot of stuff all from one place without having to go to another screen. It's awesome.

Post via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    Avenzuno and Xenolock like this.
    07-21-15 11:46 AM
    There's just something about BB. It's hard to put into words. I'm slowly weaning off my iPhone. I guess part of me longs to see the "underdog" win. I'm very happy I've made the switch.
    Hardest part for me was the huge music library I have, bought an iPod and problem solved!

07-21-15 06:35 PM
    Hardest part for me was the huge music library I have, bought an iPod and problem solved!

That could fit in the passports sd slot up to 128GB

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-21-15 08:10 PM
    That could fit in the passports sd slot up to 128GB

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339

Yes you are correct... need to source a card, I hadn't ventured into that because of fakes etc.. didn't want to deal with that drama, I'll start doing some research.. I know there is a 200gb version wonder if that'll work

07-21-15 09:01 PM
    If you use your smartphone largely for e-mail and texting, or any kind of writing -- or if you use it as I do, as your everything-device -- as your computer in other words -- nothing compares with BlackBerry and the Classic is the best of all. Once you get used to the superb feel and control of the Classic, there's just no going back to cheap, virtual "keyboards".

As others have written, the Classic has no equal in pleasurable writing. If you do any significant amount of writing on your device -- and as a student, you may -- get the Classic.

The i-phone is primarily for teenagers with two-second attention spans who use the smart phone to consume media, and who are attracted by simple, eye-catching shapes and bright colors. Typing on glass is fine for them because the only text that might be misspelled is # LOL or some such thing. They don't write much anyway. They mostly use their phones to send each other photos of themselves, or to research Kim Kardashian's latest contributions to mankind.

If you want to watch videos and send your BFF pictures of your breakfast or your cat, the i-phone is for you. But if your IQ is greater than your shoe size and you have other things you need to get done, the Classic is your choice.

Posted via CB10
    Mausje75 likes this.
    07-21-15 09:10 PM
    My wife has an iPhone 6 and I have a BlackBerry Classic. I would ditch hers in an instant while she wouldn't. It really comes down to why and how you use your phone.

She would use 30-35% of the Classic's features (if that) and I would use about the same fraction of the features found on the 6.

The only features we agree are "far better" on the iphone (from both our perspectives) are the available apps and the camera.

Past that - you already know the true "deal breakers"

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 10:09 PM
    My wife has an iPhone 6 and I have a BlackBerry Classic. I would ditch hers in an instant while she wouldn't. It really comes down to why and how you use your phone.

She would use 30-35% of the Classic's features (if that) and I would use about the same fraction of the features found on the 6.

The only features we agree are "far better" on the iphone (from both our perspectives) are the available apps and the camera.

Past that - you already know the true "deal breakers"

Posted via CB10
    iPhone cameras have long been the talk of how great they are and some may agree, I know personally that it does do great but it shouldn't be the real reason one buys a phone.. different strokes for different folks, my wife would not let go of her iPhone and it's been abt 2 weeks she has had the PP and she hasn't even turned on her iPhone, if only people would give it a chance.. it's a great platform all around..

07-22-15 12:31 PM
    If you already invested a lot to music and apps, then don't. Otherwise, go for it, the keyboard is always exciting to use.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    07-22-15 12:43 PM
    Try it out and see if you like it. You don't need strangers to help you form an opinion. :-)

I do recommend that if you get the device, you put the SNAP app on it though as this will give you access to a lot of the apps in the Google Play store and help a lot with the "app gap".
    07-22-15 12:48 PM
    If you already invested a lot to music and apps, then don't.
    Music actually transfers pretty well. Once Apple removed DRM, I put iTunes purchased songs on both iPhone and BlackBerry without issue.

Trickier is the audiobooks as they are still usually DRMed from iTunes. There is a way to remove the DRM with 3rd party apps, but when I've done it, I lost the chapters and that's a pain. Audible's app works well enough on BlackBerry 10 if you have audiobooks from there.
    07-22-15 12:50 PM
    If you use twitter stick with your iPhone. My twitter app worked perfectly until a few weeks ago and now it does not. What frustrates me is nobody in blackberry help or twitter will admit that there is anything wrong or advise when it will be sorted

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 03:03 PM
    If you use twitter stick with your iPhone. My twitter app worked perfectly until a few weeks ago and now it does not. What frustrates me is nobody in blackberry help or twitter will admit that there is anything wrong or advise when it will be sorted
    What does it do?
    What happens when you uninstall and reinstall?
    What happens when you try a third party app like Blaq?
    07-22-15 04:16 PM
    Some of the phones I have in my office drawer!
    Should I ditch the iPhone for a BlackBerry Classic?-img_20150722_195457.jpg

07-22-15 07:57 PM
    No. Keep the iPhone for stability of app selection, media consumption and the decent camera. Add the Classic for text and email messaging and productivity. Having BB10 and iOS devices is the best of both worlds!
    07-22-15 09:04 PM
    Go for the passport instead.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 09:38 PM
    Yes.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 04:49 AM
    Go for the passport instead.

Posted via CB10
    I wish I could. Some of us don't have that as an option. I have to stay with verizon.
    07-23-15 05:31 AM
    I wish I could. Some of us don't have that as an option. I have to stay with verizon.
    I left AT&T to go to Verizon for the BlackBerry Z30 and I left Verizon to get the Passport.. I know the feeling

07-23-15 11:38 AM
    My problem is service in my rural area. I'd switch to ATT if they had service for my southwest VA
    07-23-15 01:07 PM
    I switched myself a week ago from the iPhone 6 plus to the passport. Best decision I ever made.

I found the iPhone to be very boring. Every time a new OS came out it was the same crap with different shaped app icons.

Long Live BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 03:16 PM
148 ... 3456