If you want to watch videos and send your BFF pictures of your breakfast or your cat, the i-phone is for you.
    Hey, I can even use my Classic to do those things!

The iPhone is a great game and media device which is also not bad with standard communications functions.

The BlackBerry OTOH is a great communications device first and foremost, which can do a bit of the other stuff an iPhone can do.

BlackBerry affordable and open standards, iPhone expensive and mostly proprietary.

Each specializes in something different, and neither is perfect for every use.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 07:35 PM
    I switched myself a week ago from the iPhone 6 plus to the passport. Best decision I ever made.

I found the iPhone to be very boring. Every time a new OS came out it was the same crap with different shaped app icons.

Long Live BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    I had the iPhone 6 prior to moving over and agreed it's the best decision I've made .. My brother has his iPhone jailbroken and it does fancy stuff but at the end of the day it's still an iPhone and it's limited to the things that it can do... however he may become a BlackBerry convert, since his curiosity is growing towards the BlackBerry Passport

 Posted via my BlackBerry Passport!
    07-24-15 07:39 AM
    iPhone Drawbacks

iPhones are definitely beautiful devices but when you want t do some simple things likeo download a song or file from the web (not iTunes) you will find you can't.

When you want to add a song from other source while away from home, other than your iTunes cloud or on your computer at home or USB stick, you will find you can't. Also if you wish to send a friend the song to listen to you can't just attach it to an email cause Apple says that's not yours to share. Nice!

When you want to add a movie from a friend you will find that "oh damn I need to convert it". Apple only accepts two movie formats and again you will need to load it with itunes or you can buy it and everything else from iTunes store.

IMessage is not available on any other platform so if you want the same experience being able to see if they are writing you back or have read it well guess what you going to have to install a third party like bbm or whatsapp. Technically these is called a work arounds.

When you run out of space on your iPhone and can't add anything else or it gets slow and buggy due to lack of space you can't plug in a micro SD card.
    So don't even think about taking an SD card out and pouting it into another device to share or plug in a micro USB adapter to add or share files on your phone.

Even though they have cloud services it does not perform as expected sometimes and can be very poorly explained. I know many who have lost everything due to a lack of understanding and performance issued. Google cloud services is way better for this.

For Android I guess the only problem that I can think of is extending battery due to apps constantly tracking you and gathering information. Many Root their phones in order to gain control but that brings a whole other slew of problems on its own.

I've used all four platforms (Apple, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry) and I can tell you they all have a flaw in one way.
    I have found my home here with BlackBerry and I feel it's not perfect but lots of freedoms for example the app StereoTube. I can't believe they have this app and if you like any song you can download it as yours.
    I just can't live without the HUB and the way BlackBerry handles messaging. Love love love BlackBerry and I hope bb BB10 lives long.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 07:50 AM
    I purchased Stereotube and I can find how to get files offline, you can download a playlist but still requires Internet connection to work..

Avenzuno likes this.
    07-25-15 02:23 PM
    I purchased Stereotube and I can find how to get files offline, you can download a playlist but still requires Internet connection to work..

Off topic but just click the download tab and download MP3 and you can have your very own mp3 to do with what you wish. On iPhone the MP3 is locked to the said app and can not connect to itunes playlists.
    Should I ditch the iPhone for a BlackBerry Classic?-img_20150725_212206.png

Posted via CB10
    juanjo322 likes this.
    07-25-15 08:24 PM
    I currently have the Q10, but was going to get the Classic. You say that the Q10 is faster than the Classic? I should keep the Q10 and not move to the classic??
    08-02-15 03:14 PM
    Love my Classic but I can't help but feel like a second class citizen with having to use non-native apps.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 04:38 PM
    I currently have the Q10, but was going to get the Classic. You say that the Q10 is faster than the Classic? I should keep the Q10 and not move to the classic??
    They are the same phone if you compare specs just the classic has a better keyboard

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 04:41 PM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 09:41 PM
    Off topic but just click the download tab and download MP3 and you can have your very own mp3 to do with what you wish. On iPhone the MP3 is locked to the said app and can not connect to itunes playlists.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150725_212206.png 
Views:	538 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	364185

Posted via CB10
    http://www.youtube-mp3.org/
    Quick and free.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    08-04-15 12:18 AM
    Still find reasons why BlackBerry is the better choice for me

08-04-15 03:12 PM
    I'm making the switch from iPhone 5S to BB Classic today- will let you know!
    Avenzuno and juanjo322 like this.
    08-05-15 09:32 AM
    Same specs. Classic has toolbelt which makes it MUCH more single handed friendly. Also a physical "end" key to add "warm phuzzie" that the last party called isn't still listening.
    08-07-15 03:36 AM
    I'm looking at picking up a Classic myself. I just picked up a Q10 from ebay. I've been an iPhone and Android user and before that, a blackberry user. I have two lines. The second line has a 2014 Moto X on it. I check most social media on that line which happens maybe twice a day. Everything else is done on the Q10. Having that PKB for text and email is no contest. I able able to check all of my social media on the BlackBerry. I just prefer the larger screen for that. If I had a tablet I probably wouldn't use need the other phone.

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10
    08-07-15 04:30 AM
    OP disappear after first post?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    08-07-15 05:18 AM
    I've been an iPhone user my entire life. My first phone was the iPhone 4 and I have never looked back until now. Everyone these days seems to either be using an Android or an iPhone but for some reason I love the originality of the Blackberry Classic. I'm currently a college student looking to try something different. Are there any good reasons to buy this phone besides security? Any thoughts on what I should buy?
    The keyboard shortcuts and instant search are a good reason to buy the phone, but I think the Passport is a much better bet. BB10 is amazingly efficient, but there's only so much you can do without a lot of horsepower. If it were me, I'd get a Passport (I have) or wait for the Slider around Christmas.
    08-07-15 05:21 AM
    My blue Classic came yesterday. I haven't complete the SIM card and transfer from my Q10 yet. But I was able to sign in to my WiFi to browse the new phone. I do like the bigger screen from the Q10. I LOVE the little mouse button! OMG, it is great. I could never get the mouse in the position where I was trying to get it cause my fingers are big. Scrolling with the mouse button, I think I'm going to love it!!

Posted via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    08-07-15 10:45 AM
    My blue Classic came yesterday. I haven't complete the SIM card and transfer from my Q10 yet. But I was able to sign in to my WiFi to browse the new phone. I do like the bigger screen from the Q10. I LOVE the little mouse button! OMG, it is great. I could never get the mouse in the position where I was trying to get it cause my fingers are big. Scrolling with the mouse button, I think I'm going to love it!!

Posted via CB10
    It's called a trackpad. Please stick to scientific BlackBerry terminology.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 05:59 PM
    OP disappear after first post?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    Guess OP chose to stick with the iPhone...

OP if you come back, have a look in the forum. I made the switch from iPhone to BlackBerry and made a post about it.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 06:01 PM
    I am also a college student who did in fact switch from an iPhone to a BlackBerry Classic. I have no regrets whatsoever. The phone is extremely dependable and durable. I use it for email (multiple accounts) and still keep up on social media using Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (igrann on the store). After purchasing it, friends mocked me, but it's ok. I know and explain to them that it's a solid device, despite common thoughts about BlackBerry and it's demographic. Best decision ever

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 02:08 AM
    It's called a trackpad. Please stick to scientific BlackBerry terminology.

Posted via CB10
    I, for one, like the term "mouse button". It's generally descriptive in a way that could improve marketability. Apple can be attributed with introducing the original mouse with the Mac.
    08-08-15 09:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to the club! Like many of us, once "hooked" on the trackpad, toolbelt and pkb shortcuts, you'll likely never feel as productive without them. Enjoy!
    08-08-15 09:37 AM
    If you're dependent on Apps then no. Else switch.

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock likes this.
    08-08-15 05:11 PM
148 ... 456