I've been an iPhone user my entire life. My first phone was the iPhone 4 and I have never looked back until now. Everyone these days seems to either be using an Android or an iPhone but for some reason I love the originality of the Blackberry Classic. I'm currently a college student looking to try something different. Are there any good reasons to buy this phone besides security? Any thoughts on what I should buy?
    07-10-15 12:56 AM
    Its an amazing Phone. Fast enough, super productive due to the Hub, keyboard en shortcuts and just overall Alot more classy then any full touch Phone in my opinion. Lovely battery life aswell. To me the Best OS Ive used and I tried them all more then once im in love, heh

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 01:04 AM
    I currently use a Classic and iPhone 5S. Classic as a primary device and 5S as a secondary phone with overseas sim card which I need plugged in. Both great in their own right.

For me, the Classic wins due to ONE thing - the physical key board. If often get frustrated with it as it's slow and I run a fair few android apps.. but the qwerty keyboard wins every time! Feels fantastic and obviously it's accurate. iOS auto correct is terrible.

Having said that.. if you're on the fence about the keyboard, I dare say stick with the iPhone. I do like that everything 'just works' on an iPhone!

Posted via CB10
    Sniper1299 likes this.
    07-10-15 01:08 AM
    If the MAIN thing you do is communicate on a phone, the Classic trumps everything else Same reason I use Classic over the Passport. Keyboard is better, despite everything else being slower.

Posted via CB10
    amr f kamal likes this.
    07-10-15 01:09 AM
    Considering that BlackBerry may be going to android.. if it decided to leave bb10, you are left without updates.... the future is uncertain
    (just FYI)

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 01:11 AM
    It's great for taking notes in class for sure and the productivity of it is best in class hands down.

For communicating nothing comes close except for other BlackBerry phones with virtual keyboards.

Keep in mind however, that being in college might mean that you're heavy into social media apps and also taking photos.

The classic and BlackBerry in general, does not provide the best app experience compared to the competition - but it's definitely adequate for most people.

The camera is average at best - if you want a good camera then don't get the Classic. I'd like to go with the iphone 6 or samsung g6 which have the 2 best camera's in market.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    07-10-15 01:11 AM
    Don't ditch the in iPhone. Add the Classic until you can make a definitive choice.

The Z10 STL 100-3 on 10.3.1.2708 BlackBerry owners on AT&T Channel C0032C652
    Avenzuno, SmileDahling and BBRYQ10 like this.
    07-10-15 01:16 AM
    I've been an iPhone user my entire life. My first phone was the iPhone 4 and I have never looked back until now. Everyone these days seems to either be using an Android or an iPhone but for some reason I love the originality of the Blackberry Classic. I'm currently a college student looking to try something different. Are there any good reasons to buy this phone besides security? Any thoughts on what I should buy?
    Both have their perks. As said above, you'll find that the accuracy of the keyboard easily trumps the iphone and the organisation of the hub allows for you to deal with notifications a lot faster. Those two things aside, my iphone pretty much handles everything else.

To me, my iPhone is just easier to operate simply because everything 'just works'. But the few things it isn't great at, I just get it done on my BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 01:20 AM
    It depends on what you want to use the phone for. If you are looking for a great messaging and email phone, you can't go wrong with a BlackBerry.

If you are looking for a phone that has all the latest apps and view a lot of videos I would stick with iPhone of keep your phone handy as a media center type of device.

Right now I use a passport and it handles all of my communication like a beast. I also have my 6Plus handy for all the apps that BlackBerry is sorely lacking.

If you want a good starting point into the awesome keyboards of BlackBerry, I suggest starting with a q5 or q10. You can probably get them really cheap on amazon or ebay.

Post via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    rtang1007 likes this.
    07-10-15 01:46 AM
    Get a q10 if you don't mind the screen space. The specs are almost same except Q10 has amoled display. And I read here in CB itself that Classic runs slower than Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    07-10-15 01:51 AM
    I ditched the iphone. My last one was iphone 5s then been a blackberry user since that. Love the Classic get the blue one

Posted via CB10
    rtang1007 likes this.
    07-10-15 01:52 AM
    Considering that BlackBerry may be going to android.. if it decided to leave bb10, you are left without updates.... the future is uncertain
    (just FYI)

Posted via CB10
    BB10 is not going to be abandoned.

Posted with my  Classic
    rtang1007 likes this.
    07-10-15 02:20 AM
    (just FYI)

Posted via CB10
    This is untrue. Of course they wont abandon BB10

Posted via CB10
    rtang1007 likes this.
    07-10-15 04:47 AM
    If you don't care that much about camera, app ecosystem, or watching videos, I'd go with the Classic definitely. If you like being 'on your phone' iOS and Android are built for that. If you like to communicate (except for Snapchat), stay on top of things, and get things done precisely and efficiently, Classic all the way.

From a Classic
    07-10-15 09:56 AM
    Just be sure to get the classic on deep discount. It is using 2013 era processor. I would get a passport or wait for a classic 2, slider or consider the z30, which is slightly more advanced and goes on sale for 225 USD.

Posted via CB10
    rtang1007 and Avenzuno like this.
    07-10-15 10:10 AM
    OP, if you aren't much into apps, BlackBerry 10 is a great platform! I am using iPhone 5 as my primary device and Q10 as secondary and both are great in their own way. After all, it's just a phone.. don't think much and pick up a Classic and use it for a while!

Good luck mate!

Posted via Q10
    andy957 likes this.
    07-10-15 10:20 AM
    If you can SIM swap, keep the iphone and use it for "iphone stuff" when the urge comes.

Don't go all in with the Classic unless you understand the strengths as well as limitations of BB10.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, Verizon, no camera, 10.3.2.2205
    07-10-15 12:02 PM
    I switched from my BlackBerry Bold to an iphone 5s agfnd back to the BlackBerry Classic. Hated the bold, liked the iphone, but I am in love with the Classic. I didn't realize how much I missed the physical keyboard. I'm a graduate student and I don't really mind the lack of apps (I use Facebook, instagram and tumblr) . Actually I'm saving money because I can't buy songs from iTunes as often anymore lol.
    If you want to have a great camera and lots of apps then the iphone is for you. But if you're looking more at a communication device, then I would say switch to the BlackBerry or at least try it out.

Posted via CB10
    rtang1007 likes this.
    07-10-15 01:24 PM
    BB10, specifically the Classic, has expandable memory, NFC (we use smart tags in our family with our car stereos);WiFi Direct; Miracast -works with our Smart TV, Marantz receiver, Roku; HDMI which is great when traveling and u want to watch shows on the hotel TV and USB2GO which I use for work.

The Hub makes communication and organization easy. Love having everything in one place.

StoryMaker is a breeze to use especially while traveling

Camera wise, there is a thread for the photos taken with the Classic that u can read.

Keyboard shortcuts are great to have. I love pressing one button to make calls.

Reader mode in Web browser makes reading articles a joy.

Ability to share files via NFC with other Android phones is good to have in a multi platform household like mine.

Blend is great to use when u have ur laptop or tablet out and ur phone is somewhere else in the house.

Classic's size is just right. Not too big, not too small.

I love how emails are integrated into my calendars, making events easier to manage and share with family.

These are some of the things that I use heavily and enjoy with my Classic. And I use it for both work and personal usage. I will get an Android tablet if there are any app gaps that needs addressing. Also cause I love playing with various devices.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    rtang1007 and wyrdfool like this.
    07-10-15 02:30 PM
    Hiya, do it, I guarantee you won't regret it. I've had my classic about 6 weeks and I'm falling in love more every day - physical keys, keyb shortcuts, super fast and great battery. My wife's just got a new iPhone - its a toy in comparison.

Posted via CB10
    rtang1007 and Xenolock like this.
    07-10-15 02:55 PM
    I just made the switch recently from an iPhone 6 plus to the Classic. Personally I'm glad I did. Love the keyboard and I have an iPad mini and Snap for the times Blackberry just doesn't have what I want. Don't regret it at all. With that being said if you HAVE to play games or videos on your phone it may not be the best choice for you.

Posted via CB10
    rtang1007 likes this.
    07-10-15 04:07 PM
    Read back, BB10 is not going to become extinct. For OP:
    IMNSHO, BBOS older phones are better than iPhone. Get used to the PKB, you will love the Classic.
    Mike Owsley likes this.
    07-10-15 04:14 PM
    A student that wants to stay on top of things will love the BlackBerry Classic. Personally I'd go with BlackBerry Z30. I prefer touch screen keyboards on mobile.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    07-10-15 04:15 PM
    Best email features
    Best calendar features ( fixed with 10.3.2)
    Best virtual and physical keyboards
    Battery life is amazing. ( assuming an android app isn't draining it)
    Best notifications system
    Basically it does best at what a smartphone should do best.
    For me my PC is best for gaming and my laptop is best for programming.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    rtang1007 and tjseaman like this.
    07-10-15 04:18 PM
    I ditched the iphone. My last one was iphone 5s then been a blackberry user since that. Love the Classic get the blue one

Posted via CB10
    Dr. Gregory House has spoken! ALWAYS BET ON BLACK!

... awesome avatar btw
    07-10-15 04:22 PM
148 123 ...