Don't waste your money bud, get a q10.

Posted with my awesome q10 SQN100-1
    02-25-16 09:33 PM
    Please go edit 100 spreadsheet cells on a Q10 while answering and ENDING calls and then tell us about how it "does exactly the same thing". Lol.
    If you rely on a phone to do 100 spreadsheets then you really need to reconsider whether you are being productive or miss using company time. That kind of work should be done in a computer.
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    02-25-16 09:47 PM
    Get things done quickly.

-Select text in a fraction of a second.
    -Copy and paste quicker.
    -Never miss-click a link.
    -Immediately scroll the cursor to the beginning or end of the text field with a shift+trackpad scroll.
    -correct spelling errors with a simple trackpad click( read: we don't have to adjust how we are holding the phone, then poke a touchscreen (and hope you didn't miss-click the touchscreen) to correct an error.)

...basically it makes your life easy. With a toolbelt, you don't have to try to look through your thumbs, since they aren't covering the touchscreen.
    And the pinpoint precision of the trackpad is far more accurate than your fingertip which jabs hundreds of pixels at a time.

Posted via CB10
    You have just agreed with my previous post, both phones are capable of doing the same thing. I'm sure a person that have used a q10 extensively would be as productive and any other classic user.
    02-25-16 09:51 PM
    If you rely on a phone to do 100 spreadsheets then you really need to reconsider whether you are being productive or miss using company time. That kind of work should be done in a computer.
    If my only choice were a Q10, you'd be right. Classic does the spreadsheet editing my company needs FAR more efficiently than lugging around laptops.

I do a LOT of my work in one hand at the lunch table, using Classic. Much of which is real time data entry. No waiting to get to a pc. Try editing just ONE cell, or any other form entry, and claim they do "exactly the same thing". The OS might do the same thing but the hardware is Apples & Oranges. Or BlackBerry's... Lol.
    02-26-16 07:52 AM
    ROTFL! I just showed this post to management during morning turn over & asked them if they think we'd improve efficiency by returning to our Q10s and Toughbooks... I won't quote the response... Lol.

Q10's "soft end" cost us a BIG client, for a few months. Long story. No "soft" substitute for the added privacy assurance of Classic's physical "end" key. Especially if you've migrated into editing spreadsheet cells during a call, for example.
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    02-26-16 08:48 AM
    Which has better battery?

Posted via CB10
    "Better" battery is a matter of personal priorities. Despite being smaller, I consider Q10's battery to be "better" because it can be swapped when drained. I powered my old Q10, and 9900 before it, by swapping in batteries instead of wall hugging.

Classic's battery is certainly larger and seems to provide most folks with a comfortable day's endurance on a charge. I, personally, rarely get thru a full day but my low signal industrial use case is extreme. Classic's battery is not "user removable" so you'll be hunting power for charge once drained. BUT, unless you are a pretty extreme user, Classic's battery might be considered "better".
    02-26-16 02:08 PM
    For the people saying that the Classic has a better battery life, for the price of a Classic, you can get a Q10 + a 4400mah Mugen extended battery.
    Since you are replacing the actual phone battery rather than charging it with a portable charger, there is no transfer loss and no need for a charging cable. The 4400mah on a Q10 screen would be a 2 to 3 days battery life monster. I know this because I have the same setup.

Since the Q10 has a removable battery, you can keep the phone for longer since you can replace the battery when the original battery does not hold the charge.
    This is why I would never buy any phone with a sealed in battery, even if it is from BlackBerry.

Should i buy a Q10 or a Classic?-images.jpeg

As for the tool belt, it is nice to have, but not an absolute necessity either.

As for the double typing issue, it is all but solved with the latest update. Even if you have an issue, the Q10 and the Z10 are extremely easy to be disassembled an repaired, unlike the Foxconn designed Passport and the Classic.

The Classic and the Q10 keyboard are identical except for the size. There is no reason that the Classic is more resistant to double typing than the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by skstrials; 02-26-16 at 07:11 PM.
    02-26-16 06:58 PM
    Hard to beat a swappable battery for usable versatility! Put a big battery in it on days you anticipate needing it. Put the lightweight OEM back in for a lighter, more compact device on lighter use days. I also really like charging the battery in a spare battery charger so you don't have to use the phone as a charger. Zero wall hugging needed. No quicker way to restore a drained to shutdown device!

Tool belt is REALLY "nice to have", for some of us. Maybe not an "absolute necessity" but then a phone itself isn't really an "absolute necessity". I'm still proficient in Morse and semaphore, myself. Lol.
    02-26-16 08:04 PM
    If you want a replaceable battery, then the q10. You can buy a stronger battery online. Both are great phones. I'm just hesitant on the Classic because of the non-replaceable battery.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 12:02 AM
    Bigger screen, bigger battery, trackpad and toolbelt (very useful. Constantly long pressing on such a small screen is tiring. Also, excellent for selecting text, editing sells etc.). USB OTG as well. Classic is far superior and today isn't much more expensive than the Q10. I'd only consider the Q10 if you are on an extremely tight budget (in which case, just jump for a Q5).
    bigjman and Avenzuno like this.
    03-09-16 12:24 PM
    ROTFL! I just showed this post to management during morning turn over & asked them if they think we'd improve efficiency by returning to our Q10s and Toughbooks... I won't quote the response... Lol.

Q10's "soft end" cost us a BIG client, for a few months. Long story. No "soft" substitute for the added privacy assurance of Classic's physical "end" key. Especially if you've migrated into editing spreadsheet cells during a call, for example.
    The Classic's "hard" End key is really just a "soft" end key anyway. If the OS gave it priority as a killswitch, then it'd be useful, but the end key acts halfway as a novelty due to its slowness.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 05:59 PM
    Battery is better on the Classic for me. I did like having the spare battery/charger pack for the Q10 though too. If you go with the Q10, definitely get that! I always loved having a fully charged battery at the ready.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 01:29 PM
    The Classic has had a very poor rate on build quality. I've owned 3 thus far and they all had issues with either the belt or the keyboard being loose. Either straight out of the box or within 3 months of use.

If you get a perfect classic though, it's their best keyboard ever made to date. Probably their last sadly.

The q10 build was great and after the os fix on double typing, it's a great phone. Have owned around 6 or 7 different ones, 2 white, one gold edition, and many a black one. From the early 2013 builds to the later 2014 builds. So I know what I'm talking about. All q10s I had were problem free (other than double type) and wore well with time.

The q10 will go down as the true bb10 classic due to its size and removable battery.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-10-16 05:20 PM
    My Cobalt Blue Classic has excellent build quality. Love the UI flexibilty of having the toolbelt. To me, the blue color was more important than the Q10's compact size and replaceable battery, and the Qi wireless charging capability of other Classic models.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    03-10-16 06:51 PM
    Classic far better than Q10.
    03-10-16 11:25 PM
    The Classic has had a very poor rate on build quality. I've owned 3 thus far and they all had issues with either the belt or the keyboard being loose. Either straight out of the box or within 3 months of use.

If you get a perfect classic though, it's their best keyboard ever made to date. Probably their last sadly.

The q10 build was great and after the os fix on double typing, it's a great phone. Have owned around 6 or 7 different ones, 2 white, one gold edition, and many a black one. From the early 2013 builds to the later 2014 builds. So I know what I'm talking about. All q10s I had were problem free (other than double type) and wore well with time.

The q10 will go down as the true bb10 classic due to its size and removable battery.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    best answer, seconded

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 12:25 AM
    My Cobalt Blue Classic has excellent build quality. Love the UI flexibilty of having the toolbelt. To me, the blue color was more important than the Q10's compact size and replaceable battery, and the Qi wireless charging capability of other Classic models.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    This has me excited. My blue one should be here tomorrow, and my last blue BlackBerry was the 8800 I had years ago.

Will be cool to be on a BlueBerry again!

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    03-11-16 01:27 AM
    Ths classic's design and the toolbar is more LOVELY

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 08:51 AM
    I personally have never used the Q10. I'm using a classic now and with the form factor that they share, I believe that nothing beats the accuracy of the trackpad and toolbelt. You won't go wrong with the Classic.

Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2789 Running T-Mobile Unlimited Data with WFC
    03-13-16 10:25 PM
    CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!! You won't be disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-16 03:25 AM
    Just my two cents. Now in a hospital with one arm with a cast I find the Classic tool belt and track pad quite unbeatable. Being able to use the phone with one hand and without touching the screen is a Godsend. Long battery life helps too! Just got this phone prior to being admitted, good decision!

Posted via CB10
    03-14-16 08:40 AM
    Just my two cents. Now in a hospital with one arm with a cast I find the Classic tool belt and track pad quite unbeatable. Being able to use the phone with one hand and without touching the screen is a Godsend. Long battery life helps too! Just got this phone prior to being admitted, good decision!

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to hear that, get well soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-16 08:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    The Q10 is more easily used with just one hand, without a doubt, due to the width of the device

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 12:22 AM
    But th classic is just as easy to use on things such as Web pages due to the trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 02:42 AM
    Classic no question

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 09:05 AM
61 123