Hello Everyone,

I'm new here.

I had a Bold 9900 years ago and it was a joy to use. I bought a Q5 a few years back hoping to have the same memories come back but that phone did not do it for me. It's now collecting dust.

I was thinking of picking up a Classic because it seems like the right time with them being discontinued and prices are decent.

I'm using an iPhone SE now and just need WhatsApp. I have been reading that it won't be supported after this year but does this just mean that there will be no more "updates".

If I bought a Classic could I still download it from 2 app stores?

I'd like to also have Google Maps and Spotify if possible.

Thanks
    11-20-17 02:27 AM
    You can definitely download WA and Google Maps from Play Market patched by Cobalt. As well as many other apps. (Maps should be also patched with the Cobalt's tool though.)

But, no one guarantees that those apps will work in the closest future, because BB10 android runtime is frozen on version 4.3. So, if you are a true enthusiast, you may try. I myself own Classic, and I'm truly happy.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-17 02:59 AM
    They are so cheap now that the resale value is unlikely to fall much in the next 6 months - most of the rats are already off the BB10 ship... Get one and try it for a while, I'd recommend the Q10 though, unless the trackpad is a must-have.

I'm still using my Q10 as I can't face the prospect of going back to Android or moving to iOS (my wife has a SE) for my primary communication device. If WhatsApp somehow find a way of completely preventing BB10 users from connecting to their service, and/or the Web browser becomes unusable, I will have to go back to Android, probably a Sailfish X phone.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-20-17 04:01 AM
    If you want a good music player, cell phone, emailer, day planner, password manager, office apps and some internet browsing and other typical features in a well built device.
    Then yea go for it and take care of it

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-20-17 05:17 AM
    Thanks for the help everyone. I just ordered one on Amazon.de. I read that I change adjust the keyboard layout in settings from Qwertz to Qwerty. How is everyone else enjoying their Classic's? I'm a few years late to the show but looking forward to the 9900 feeling.
    11-20-17 06:14 AM
    It definitely awakes some kind of bold feelings. I've switched from the KeyOne to the Classic. For now every app I need is there on the classic. Android apps don't run smooth though. Typing on the Classic is a bliss.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ziminghong; 11-21-17 at 04:59 AM.
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-20-17 09:26 AM
    For the nostalgia, it's always nice to get iconic devices, more at the current prices. Although, if you need some key apps, that might be a problem. Whatsapp is being kept alive, but no one knows for how long. And even when you can run Android apps with Cobalt's mod, running things like Maps on an S4 is kind of a pain...
    11-20-17 09:34 AM
    I loved my time with the Classic. It's the perfect size, and the keyboard is second only to the Bold 9700 imo. I just wish it had a captive keyboard when I was using it. I still pull it out every now and again. I've sold all my bb10 devices except my Classic. It's just such a great phone.
    11-20-17 08:05 PM
    I always keep coming back to Classic. There are work arounds for almost all apps I use including whatsapp and BBM. This phone is a delight to use. I am planning to keep using it until my needed apps stop working.

Posted via The Classic
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-21-17 01:49 AM
    I've just bought a Classic. I miss the old 9780 I started on. The Q10 wasn't quite right. Neither was the Passport. The classic with the toolbelt just feels right. Using the passport at the moment and for me (even though I love the device) the keys are spread just that little bit too far apart.
    I use WhatsApp and all the relevant social media apps. I miss snapchat, but small price to pay really.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-17 04:20 AM
    Hello Everyone,

I'm new here.

I had a Bold 9900 years ago and it was a joy to use. I bought a Q5 a few years back hoping to have the same memories come back but that phone did not do it for me. It's now collecting dust.

I was thinking of picking up a Classic because it seems like the right time with them being discontinued and prices are decent.

I'm using an iPhone SE now and just need WhatsApp. I have been reading that it won't be supported after this year but does this just mean that there will be no more "updates".

If I bought a Classic could I still download it from 2 app stores?

I'd like to also have Google Maps and Spotify if possible.

Thanks
    Hello I have a Classic its locked to ATT and in very good shape has a few dings on the corners but has a TG screen protector and case runs perfect and I turn it on every now and then to use as a back up with my Keyone Black

BUZZ ME IF YOUR INTERESTED
    11-21-17 07:11 AM
    The Classic is an excellent device in many ways. You can tell the toolbelt and trackpad are "add-ins" for BB10, though, which was clearly designed at first to be a touch-screen-only UX.

The trackpad does come in handy, though - especially when composing and editing text and navigating websites. However, it can be annoying with apps that haven't been optimized for trackpad navigation or implement it poorly, as it shades whatever it's focused on with a blue tint and can even obscure what you're viewing. Those instances are fairly rare, though.

The keyboard is brilliant and clicky as a BlackBerry keyboard should be.

I've also used a Q10 and think I actually prefer that a little more to the Classic for its more compact size, user-replaceable battery, and dedicated Micro HDMI port. But the Classic has a lot going for it and I'd definitely say it's worth a try.

 BlackBerry | CLASSIC
    11-21-17 07:34 AM
    In all honesty, if your Q5 is collecting dust then your Classic will soon be doing the same. This is coming from a daily Classic user.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    11-21-17 05:00 PM
    Just FYI Spotify won't run on Classic, it's not powerful enough. Runs on Passport though.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-17 12:47 PM
    Just FYI Spotify won't run on Classic, it's not powerful enough. Runs on Passport though.

Posted via CB10
    Rubbish it's working on Classic as we speak!

Posted via CB10
    mweber67 likes this.
    11-25-17 01:00 PM
    Rubbish it's working on Classic as we speak!

Posted via CB10
    Seriously? I couldn't get it to play consistently at all, just kept stuttering. I had it working well over a year ages ago but that was a few versions back.

Maybe I'll have to try again.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-17 01:11 PM
    Out of curiosity, do apps from Amazon still work on Classic/BB10?
    12-02-17 08:31 AM
    Seriously? I couldn't get it to play consistently at all, just kept stuttering. I had it working well over a year ages ago but that was a few versions back.

Maybe I'll have to try again.

Posted via CB10
    I had it working beautifully a few monts ago got the pp from amazon. Where did you download it from?

Posted via CB10
    12-02-17 08:57 AM
    I had it working beautifully a few monts ago got the pp from amazon. Where did you download it from?

Posted via CB10
    Amazon. Works fine on the pp, classic stutters.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-17 10:13 AM
    Amazon. Works fine on the pp, classic stutters.

Posted via CB10
    Ah ok, yea I can understand why it might. Spotify is one of the only android apps I ever download. When I used it I installed it after a factory reset and set the classic up for just that some email and a text app. Its been a few months though might have changed.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-17 10:57 AM
    Out of curiosity, do apps from Amazon still work on Classic/BB10?
    They have been on mine. YMMV

Posted via CB10
    12-03-17 03:31 PM