Hey guys! I'm seriously, seriously thinking about buying a classic but in not sure if it's going to be really useful as a daily driver. I use my phone mostly to:

- take pictures ( mostly selfies )
    - Instagram
    - tumblr
    - Facebook
    And messaging

I really miss the keyboard but what concerns me the most it's if the camera is good. If you have one could you attach some sample pictures ? )) thank you guys! Looking forward to listening to your advises )
    12-21-14 02:29 AM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Read the posts and you'll find your answer...

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 02:51 AM
    Yes you should buy it!

No you shouldn't buy it!

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 03:30 AM
    Hey guys! I'm seriously, seriously thinking about buying a classic but in not sure if it's going to be really useful as a daily driver. I use my phone mostly to:

- Instagram
    - tumblr
    - Facebook
    And messaging

I really miss the keyboard but what concerns me the most it's if the camera is good. If you have one could you attach some sample pictures ? )) thank you guys! Looking forward to listening to your advises )
    Personally I'd say it is a tough call. The front camera is mostly there for video calls in regards of the quality. The back camera should have a decent enough quality, it uses the same module as the Q10 which already was decent enough, the new OS version of the Classic also has quite some improvements in terms of image quality compared to the earlier 10.2.1 versions.
    Instagram and tumblr aren't available as official variants for BB10, you either have to install the Android versions or settle with 3rd party stuff like iGrann(Instagram) or bee, Wall or trapeze for tumblr.
    I don't use Facebook so I can't comment on BB10s Facebook integration.

For messaging the Classic should be a true king, thanks to the great keyboard. Also blogging, for tumblr, is IMHO sooooo much more enjoyable when typing your stuff on real keys versus slapping that flat piece of glass.

Posted via CB10
    francisco_2014 likes this.
    12-21-14 05:04 AM
    You have to buy it!

(Disclosure : I own BBRY shares, and I need shares to go to 150 USD+...:-)

Posted via CB10
    ItsMrMark likes this.
    12-21-14 05:40 AM
    I am using one now (typing this post on my Classic).
    For my needs it can't be my primary phone...yet. I am using it as a business line for now.
    The camera is pretty meh. It's a LOT better than the 9900 camera, but that camera was terrible. Better from terrible is still nothing to write home about.
    It's good for a quick reminder or reference picture but that's about it.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 08:34 AM
    Have to make sure you have all of those memories of how you look stored in photos huh? In 50 years you'll be looking back at your photos with your grand kids and be like "This is a picture of me, and this is me, oh look, a picture of me, and in case you haven't seen it before, this is me. And did I tell you that I once took a photo of me? Let me look for that photo. Ah, here it is, wasn't I so good looking? But not as good looking as this picture, which is of me."

Lol :-P

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-21-14 08:41 AM
    Have to make sure you have all of those memories of how you look stored in photos huh? In 50 years you'll be looking back at your photos with your grand kids and be like "This is a picture of me, and this is me, oh look, a picture of me, and in case you haven't seen it before, this is me. And did I tell you that I once took a photo of me? Let me look for that photo. Ah, here it is, wasn't I so good looking? But not as good looking as this picture, which is of me."

Hahahahahaha! "Enough about me, let's talk about you... what do you think of me?".

Posted via CB10
    myfiremanishuge likes this.
    12-21-14 09:05 AM
    have to make sure you have all of those memories of how you look stored in photos huh? In 50 years you'll be looking back at your photos with your grand kids and be like "this is a picture of me, and this is me, oh look, a picture of me, and in case you haven't seen it before, this is me. And did i tell you that i once took a photo of me? Let me look for that photo. Ah, here it is, wasn't i so good looking? But not as good looking as this picture, which is of me."

lol :-p

posted without the aid of autocorrect with my physical keyboard via cb10
    lmaooooooo
    12-21-14 11:09 AM
    Gee wonder what advice you will get when you come to a BB forum... hmmm let me think.... really???? how about research... are you going to blame all of us BB fanatics if you get one and do not like it... bottom line a smartphone is like any other choice.. a personal one... not a group endeavor...
    12-21-14 11:15 AM
    Given the apps you currently use you're better off with an iphone 6.

If you want to stay with BlackBerry then get a z30.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 11:19 AM

- Instagram
    - tumblr
    - Facebook
    And messaging

If you mostly take selfies and communicate via social media I think it will fit your needs. Are you a pk person?

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 11:22 AM
    Camera is sub-par like Q10.

You look like you like to socialize, Instagram runs but it is somewhat buggy/slow just like Snapchat on BB10.

Get an iPhone 5s or 6, Samsung S4 or newer, Sony Z2, something else if you want good selfies.
    12-21-14 11:57 AM

I didn't know a phone could last that long....
    12-21-14 03:18 PM
    Should I buy the classic?-img_20141221_133146_panorama.jpg

Here is a quick pano I took, camera is not that bad...

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 03:33 PM
    I didn't know a phone could last that long....
    Your photos only last as long as your phone? Man, I better check to see if I still have the photos I took with my old phones that I've long gotten rid of, now I'm afraid they have all magically disappeared from my PC...
    12-21-14 11:35 PM

- Instagram
    - tumblr
    - Facebook
    And messaging

Hmm...you sound narcissistic.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 11:41 PM
    I'm in the dilemma of wanting/getting a Classic for Verizon when it is available. I currently have a Q10, White Z10, and Z30. I like them all and may just add the Classic as my 4th device. I rotate phones from weekdays to weekends.

Ultimately, I may sell the Q10 and Z10 on EBay once I own the Classic. Then I can rotate between Classic (weekedays) and Z30 (weekends). Verizon will never get the Passport so I have no temptation there...

Posted via "Link" the Q10
    12-21-14 11:46 PM