I LOVE dual wielding 2 phones (I also have a 3rd data-only line) My Classic my sturdy daily driver... Line 2 is currently the Priv, but I also have a BlackPhone 2... I enjoy having one device strictly for my messaging, calls, emails and light browsing, a PHONE phone. And then I have the second line which is all of the random apps I don't really need, but kind of enjoy... One line for all the important ppl in my life, my priorities... The other line for odds and ends, one time call backs, etc... You know, the 'spammy' stuff that happens in life... Excellent way to separate, organize and prioritize...

Posted via CB10
    Problem is that BB10 is also the best media phone with apps like FastTube!
    06-12-16 10:43 AM
    just curious, but do you have all of your phones on a voice service, or just one phone and use the others under wifi? I use an iPhone 6 under wifi along with my Classic which is on a line of service. I have many photo and astronomy apps that are only for iOS
    There is a BB10 moon cycle app that is better than anything I can find on iOS. Pretty disappointed.
    06-12-16 10:43 AM
    There is a BB10 moon cycle app that is better than anything I can find on iOS. Pretty disappointed.
    Try Moon Phase Pro for iOS, it's a paid app but very good. What is the BB10 app that you like.
    06-12-16 11:17 AM
    Try Moon Phase Pro for iOS, it's a paid app but very good. What is the BB10 app that you like.
    MoonCalc Pro

It's easier to navigate and use quickly than Deluxe Moon Pro, which seems to be the top one on iOS. I had to pay and have had it for a week or so. It's pretty, but to me, it doesn't compare.

Give MoonCalc Pro a try, I'd like to hear you review. Though it's a pay app too I believe.
    dollface likes this.
    06-12-16 12:03 PM
    MoonCalc Pro

It's easier to navigate and use quickly than Deluxe Moon Pro, which seems to be the top one on iOS. I had to pay and have had it for a week or so. It's pretty, but to me, it doesn't compare.

Give MoonCalc Pro a try, I'd like to hear you review. Though it's a pay app too I believe.
    Here is a screenshot from the android Moon Phase Pro that I am using, it has several screens beyond just this one and it's beautiful to look at. I'm going to search that mooncalc pro you mentioned. Thanks

06-12-16 12:10 PM
    MoonCalc Pro

Oh wow, MoonCalc Pro is awesome, just bought it! Thank you if you have any other favorite astronomy apps please tell me. I'm currently using Sky Safari 4
    Last edited by dollface; 06-12-16 at 12:38 PM.
    06-12-16 12:14 PM
    just curious, but do you have all of your phones on a voice service, or just one phone and use the others under wifi? I use an iPhone 6 under wifi along with my Classic which is on a line of service. I have many photo and astronomy apps that are only for iOS
    Good question. I have my Z30 and my wife's iPhone 6 on Verizon because the network coverage is awesome here in Chicagoland, whether it's a basement of a house in a wooded area or inside a downtown Chicago skyscraper. But I also have a longtime AT&T account which I'm not ready to dump yet, so I keep my business line iPhone 6 Plus and personal line Classic there.

Funny that you ask your question, because I am thinking of consolidating phones to save $. I am thinking of porting my Z30 phone number to Google Voice ("GV") and regulating the device for WiFi only. Then I'd find a reliable GV app for my iPhone. Ever consider GV yourself?
    06-12-16 03:15 PM
    Good question. I have my Z30 and my wife's iPhone 6 on Verizon because the network coverage is awesome here in Chicagoland, whether it's a basement of a house in a wooded area or inside a downtown Chicago skyscraper. But I also have a longtime AT&T account which I'm not ready to dump yet, so I keep my business line iPhone 6 Plus and personal line Classic there.

Funny that you ask your question, because I am thinking of consolidating phones to save $. I am thinking of porting my Z30 phone number to Google Voice ("GV") and regulating the device for WiFi only. Then I'd find a reliable GV app for my iPhone. Ever consider GV yourself?
    No I've never looked into it. I really only need one phone number as no one ever calls me anyway. All of my apps work fine on the iPhone under wifi and since I work from home, it's never a problem.
    06-12-16 03:29 PM
    Does the classic really lag that bad? As far as hub scrolling? Replying in text input, opening apps, etc etc

Posted via CB10
    06-12-16 07:56 PM
    Does the classic really lag that bad? As far as hub scrolling? Replying in text input, opening apps, etc etc

Posted via CB10
    No, it's pretty smooth. No lag. Just not nearly so smooth as the Passport, which is way smoother than my new iPhone SE. And the Passport is the only BB10 handset that can properly handle most android apps. There are some that are fine on the Classic, but only in a pinch.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    06-12-16 07:59 PM
    My drunken purchase came in, and it appears as it was described, pretty much brand new.
    06-17-16 09:31 PM
    Classic is still the best for productivity: Email, Calendar, Writing, and Calls. I back mine up with an iPad Mini which I use for Video, Social Networks, and Apps not available on BlackBerry 10.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    dunnsantee and FahedAlDerbi like this.
    06-19-16 11:34 PM
    it's not too bad, FB messenger drags it's feet every once in a while though.
    07-20-16 08:35 PM
    To OP: Simple answer is YES without a doubt!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-21-16 08:58 AM
    If the phone does what you need it to do then yes. By that I mean that ease of communication and not apps are what you are after. I got the Classic 2 weeks ago and am glad I did. I was on the iPhone but I have never been overly into apps so the choice for me was pretty easy. So far the phone has been great.

But make sure you know what the Classic's strengths and weaknesses are before you get one.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-21-16 03:35 PM
    If you want to.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-16 03:47 PM
    Thanks for this post. I guess I may need the Passport for its power even though I really want the smaller size and one-handed operation of the Classic. I still haven't upgraded my little 9900. Instead I have a 2nd Android phone and tablet but who wants to carry that around? We need the Classic with quad-core power!!
    07-21-16 11:43 PM
    The Classic is an excellent, one handed device that can be a powerhouse for a lot of basic tasks.

Calls, emails and basic messaging are excellent. The device is really high quality, fits in a pocket or purse easily and has a strong battery life.

I can't emphasize enough about the app situation. The situation for a lot is fairly dire and getting worse. I myself am not an app guy and have mostly Canadian news, banking and sports app.

For users in other countries it's not as good but for calls, emails, messages and Internet browsing, your in good shape. It's also an excellent device to have as a back up or for a travel phone.

Best of luck and enjoy it!

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-22-16 04:22 AM
    In fact now is a better time to buy then when it launched!

The manufacturing improved drastically since then and any recent builds are outstanding.

I got a new one myself recently and it is just incredible!

#whatisclassic
    07-22-16 10:52 AM
    I've had my Classic 2 days after it was launched. I so love it that i am picking another 1 as backup soon.
    07-25-16 05:05 PM
    I still think typing with a physical keyboard is best and can be addictive. The Classic has the perfect keyboard! This is one tough and durable phone. I dropped it on the road twice when alighting from my car without any casing or screen protector on the screen and there was only couple of very fine scratches when I look really closely. Amazing phone that should be in our collection of phones!

Posted via CB10
    07-25-16 05:28 PM
    I'm a touchscreen guy, but I have to admit that there is a certain allure to the definitive BlackBerry experience. I'd get a Classic if the built-in apps were enough (or those few extra apps you needed were readily available) and the typing feel. It's clearly part of an era that's fading away, but even as someone who's totally at home in iOS or Android... I'd miss it!
    07-25-16 07:51 PM
    This is sad. Blackberry is a great company that makes the only smartphones worth using but everyone choose touch-screen phones. I don't get that. Why this fashion clouded people's opinion. Someone said that we all love touchscreens and boom - there are no more normal phones available (and I mean phones that also have good and best specs. I need strong, advanced phone that have buttons - there's only priv and classic (passport have different keybord). And because of that craziness Blackberry won't want to produce smartphones like Classic and support them further on that just is so unfair.
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    07-26-16 03:36 AM
    I had the Q10 and loved it. Moved to the passport and hated it, so I got an iPhone 6.

After 2 years with my iPhone 6 and comments from my wife that I am constantly in my phone and not connected. I have decided to stop living inside my phone and just go back to a communication system.

Picking up a classic if I don't win the giveaway. No apps just use the BB10 software and mobile sites for banking etc. I thought about going to a flip phone but me and the wife text constantly.

I know the phone should be good for me for another 2 years and the cost right now is barely $150. I say give it a shot and see how it goes.
    07-26-16 06:38 AM
49 12