I got to be honest, I miss my old 9900. But I won't go back to it because of the apps I have become accustomed to on my Droid Turbo. The nostalgia is getting to me though and part of me is thinking about getting a Blackberry Classic.

The thing is, since leaving blackberry I ended up getting into social media more. I use hootsuite to post to facebook, twitter, and a few other services simultaneously. Also, I am administrator of a few very large facebook groups, which is easy to manage from my droid.

That said, I miss the keyboard like you wouldn't imagine!

If I went back to black... hehe... Is there a private app for facebook these days that replaces the one Blackberry nerfed? Would it be able to manage groups and pages etc? Hootsuite would be nice but I can live with just having that on a desktop as that is how I generally use it anyways.

If not, I will probably just get a priv instead. But the form factor of the Classic is to die for.
    05-31-16 10:40 AM
    I got to be honest, I miss my old 9900. But I won't go back to it because of the apps I have become accustomed to on my Droid Turbo. The nostalgia is getting to me though and part of me is thinking about getting a Blackberry Classic.

The thing is, since leaving blackberry I ended up getting into social media more. I use hootsuite to post to facebook, twitter, and a few other services simultaneously. Also, I am administrator of a few very large facebook groups, which is easy to manage from my droid.

If I went back to black... hehe... Is there a private app for facebook these days that replaces the one Blackberry nerfed? Would it be able to manage groups and pages etc? Hootsuite would be nice but I can live with just having that on a desktop as that is how I generally use it anyways.

If not, I will probably just get a priv instead. But the form factor of the Classic is to die for.
    Doesn't matter if there is a 3rd party that currently works... no guarantee they will work six months from now.

I'd wait a few months and try the Android powered "ROME" that is expect to arrive with a PKB. Or go ahead and give the BlackBerry Android powered PRIV a try with it's slide out PKB.
    05-31-16 10:47 AM
    That would be nice, an Android PRIV like phone with a blackberry classic form factor? Is that what you're saying? That would make my cell phone dreams come true.
    Lefty724 likes this.
    05-31-16 11:03 AM
    The Rome is basically the classic blackberry form factor with a little bit of the passport feature and design elements with android as the OS. The only down side is that is more than likely going to be taller than the classic and will not be as pocket friendly as the q10 and the bold series.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 12:32 PM
    I just went from a iPhone 6 to the BlackBerry Classic cause of some of the same reasons you are thinking about. I have Hootsuite, also... and so far it works well on the BlackBerry Classic. Really... the only app i'm missing is GroupMe.
    05-31-16 02:05 PM
    How about dual wielding 2 phones?

Maybe a 9900 as your main phone and your Droid as your app/media device? You'd be getting the best of both worlds?

I'm currently in the same boat and carry a iPhone 6s Plus and a Classic. Since I carry 2 devices, I'm downgrading the Classic to the 9900 since it's lighter and more pocket friendly.

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno and anon(9721108) like this.
    05-31-16 11:25 PM
    I loved my Classic too but for all of OP's needs with social media, the Classic will probably not be the right phone apps wise. Definitely recommend the Priv or wait for the Rome.

Posted via my Priv
    Plazmic Flame and Skidoo583 like this.
    06-01-16 06:44 AM

So stop thinking about it and join the many who use two platforms concurrently. I use my iPhone 6 Plus for specific apps, as well as iMessage with my iPhone friends. And I use not one but two Blackberries, a Z30 and Classic, for everything else, especially email and text messaging. I suggest you run, not walk, and pair your Android device with a beautiful Cobalt Blue Classic. Enjoy BB10 coupled with an outstanding PKB device for the next couple of years.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    schlemer and dollface like this.
    06-01-16 11:04 AM
    So stop thinking about it and join the many who use two platforms concurrently. I use my iPhone 6 Plus for specific apps, as well as iMessage with my iPhone friends. And I use not one but two Blackberries, a Z30 and Classic, for everything else, especially email and text messaging. I suggest you run, not walk, and pair your Android device with a beautiful Cobalt Blue Classic. Enjoy BB10 coupled with an outstanding PKB device for the next couple of years.

Exactly!

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    06-01-16 11:09 AM
    The android facebook apk works great on my classic, I get notifications in the Hub, I just got an unlocked classic 2 months ago and love it. I have an android if I need any apps, the battery life is great and the call quality is great. I wouldn't pay over $150 for it

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 01:55 PM
    which version of facebook do you use?and how can you connect it to the hub!thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-04-16 03:44 PM
    How about dual wielding 2 phones?

Maybe a 9900 as your main phone and your Droid as your app/media device? You'd be getting the best of both worlds?

I'm currently in the same boat and carry a iPhone 6s Plus and a Classic. Since I carry 2 devices, I'm downgrading the Classic to the 9900 since it's lighter and more pocket friendly.

Posted via CB10
    I LOVE dual wielding 2 phones (I also have a 3rd data-only line) My Classic my sturdy daily driver... Line 2 is currently the Priv, but I also have a BlackPhone 2... I enjoy having one device strictly for my messaging, calls, emails and light browsing, a PHONE phone. And then I have the second line which is all of the random apps I don't really need, but kind of enjoy... One line for all the important ppl in my life, my priorities... The other line for odds and ends, one time call backs, etc... You know, the 'spammy' stuff that happens in life... Excellent way to separate, organize and prioritize...

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    06-04-16 05:11 PM
    so far everything still works on the 9900, and it is PERFECT for Social Media. Thats all I do on mine.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-04-16 05:33 PM
    It all depends on what you are going to use it for OP. If you understand the limitation of being a BB10 user, you should have no problem.

You may need to use a two device set up like most of us do.

That being said, typing on the classic is second to none. The keyboard is awesome and nostalgic. You'll be hammering out texts, emails, and documents like a champ.

It's a good buy only if you know it's limits.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2789 
    06-04-16 08:28 PM
    Just got 2 brand new ones this week for the wife and I ( classics) . Never used whatsap, face10 and face10 mesenger pro (facebook for BB10)are all the extra apps I need. Side loaded netflix. Love the blackberry 10 OS, never was a fan of IOS or Android
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    06-05-16 09:57 AM
    Went to Vegas for 2 weeks (Canada to US)... so before I go, I buy a unlocked Moto E 2nd Gen... I get to the US, buy a AT&T GoPlan for $60 bucks, unlimited calls/texting and 6GB of data for 30 days... I figured, this would give me enough time to try "Android" out, Marshmallow... well after 4 days... I turned on the Moto E Hotspot, and went back to my Z30 for internet and data services... Android Apps ask and some of them need all their permissions to work... wow, my location was constantly requested by apps... just glad I took my BlackBerry Z30 and Classic along with me... Classic is for work, Z30 for everything else... BlackBerry Rocks!!!

Classic for work, Z30 for everything else...
    06-05-16 10:19 AM
    I'm in love with BB. First, 9780, 9900, Z10, Q10, passport, black classic and blue classic. But, I live in the real world. At this moment, except phisical keyboard, my S7 provides me all I need for my job and for my personal life. My blue classic is turned off, maybe for always.
    06-05-16 01:05 PM
    You should get one as long as you don't mind the apps. I am tired of all the different stress I get from having all of the apps social media and services. I got one two days ago because I enjoy the bare bones experience that I get. All I truly need I can get it on the classic and the keyboard is really nice.

Posted via CB10
    icniagara likes this.
    06-05-16 01:17 PM
    I have been a BlackBerry user for many years from 8800-Classic and PlayBook. If you love the BlackBerry Classic, then make the purchase. I have a Samsung Tablet which I can accept credit cards via square or PayPal Here. My Classic is great for handling salon clients and I can't see using another phone device for my salon. Being able to schedule a client while in the contacts environment as oppose to going to different apps while one the line taking longer. In 2016, the BlackBerry Classic is still a great phone for your professional needs.

Posted via CB10
    icniagara likes this.
    06-05-16 01:33 PM
    I am missing the pkb as I type this on a Sony Xperia phone I had a Q10 as a backup phone and still preferred it for typing but the Facebook thing is really hard to get by with on bb10 phones if you are a heavy FB user like me.

I am pretty sure I could trade this droid for a Classic but Idk if bb10 will continue to bleed functionality. I dusted off my PlayBook the other day and saw how the hardware is still better than every droid device in my house currently except for my wife's Note 4 but it got pilloried by the software corporations and I see the writing on the wall for BB10 now...

I can't afford the priv and I hate android (I tried, it's been 6 months now) but I remember sinking on the PlayBook ship and Idk if I can handle that. Is there enough of a business interest in BES stuff to keep bb10 support around for another year, maybe even two?
    outlawglamour likes this.
    06-10-16 08:02 AM
    I love my classic but can't honestly recommend it, I don't have many apps installed and sometimes it just seems to be bogged down for no reason whatsoever and on top of that, the keyboard is constantly legging in the browser, using the fb app now redirects to the mobile site. And when trying to type a comment, it seems to be a couple words behind my fingers sometimes. This phone has its nostalgic feel but that's about it, it's good for emails and I can't say it's better than my android all touch phones, gmail app seems to work much better. Overall. If you aren't stuck to a physical keypad, move on, maybe see what BlackBerry throws out as their next over priced phone in the android world. At least it will be far better supported

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 09:17 AM
    I just bought an unlocked classic from amazon and am using it right now. I purchased a new phone after I lost my iphone recently. I've been a BlackBerry user for a long time and had migrated to IOS for a while to see if the grass is indeed greener over there. In some aspects,yes, but mostly no. Nice device and all but after coming back to BlackBerry, I wondered why I changed!

Go classic all day and twice on Sundays.
    Productivity is amazing
    Quality built product
    Great battery life.
    Instant email and calandar
    Apps are okay, but not really my focus on a communication/work device

Only cons is that I wish we had the play store with better app support without having to jump through hoops to install it with patches to work

Posted via CB10
    dunnsantee and lopez2013 like this.
    06-10-16 11:26 AM
    I just snagged a (brand new/newish AT&T) one as described on ebay for $120.
    It was a bit of a drunken purchase, but I don't regret it to much. Because for that much, I couldn't pass it up.
    I've wanted one since it came out, but always held off , because its a Q10 clone with a bigger screen, battery and tool belt.

We'll see how accurate the description is when I get it.
    But like a good portion of crackberrians, I to adopted Android as a daily device.
    Starting with the Priv, than a LG V10 and a Sony Xperia Z3.
    I keep itching to go back to my Passport, but the V10 is a fantastic phone that covers just about every need with exception of the PKB and battery life.

9930>Playbook>Q10>Z30>Passport>Priv>V10>Xperia z3>V10(same as first V10, I keep my phones)>Classic?
    06-11-16 12:10 AM

just curious, but do you have all of your phones on a voice service, or just one phone and use the others under wifi? I use an iPhone 6 under wifi along with my Classic which is on a line of service. I have many photo and astronomy apps that are only for iOS
    06-12-16 09:35 AM
    I am missing the pkb as I type this on a Sony Xperia phone I had a Q10 as a backup phone and still preferred it for typing but the Facebook thing is really hard to get by with on bb10 phones if you are a heavy FB user like me.

I am pretty sure I could trade this droid for a Classic but Idk if bb10 will continue to bleed functionality. I dusted off my PlayBook the other day and saw how the hardware is still better than every droid device in my house currently except for my wife's Note 4 but it got pilloried by the software corporations and I see the writing on the wall for BB10 now...

I can't afford the priv and I hate android (I tried, it's been 6 months now) but I remember sinking on the PlayBook ship and Idk if I can handle that. Is there enough of a business interest in BES stuff to keep bb10 support around for another year, maybe even two?
    You should check out the Face 10 app in App World, it is a paid app but is headless for notifications (also gives Hub notifications) and works well.
    icniagara likes this.
    06-12-16 09:38 AM
49 12