Well they are going to open up the pkb for licensing soon so...

#workwide #OG Black
    lushpinkgirl likes this.
    09-29-16 06:55 AM
    Well they are going to open up the pkb for licensing soon so...

#workwide #OG Black
    And it wouldn't be awful to see lots of new PKB devices on the market if it meant licensing fees for BBRY. Though I'd rather see them try to drop the Mercury and check sales numbers before they give away their one hardware ace in the hole.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 08:41 AM
    So, if you can't get get your technology to catch on in the market, you license it out for others to do it? Does that ever work?
    09-29-16 08:48 AM
    And it wouldn't be awful to see lots of new PKB devices on the market if it meant licensing fees for BBRY. Though I'd rather see them try to drop the Mercury and check sales numbers before they give away their one hardware ace in the hole.

Posted via CB10
    Haha

So the Q10, Classic, Passport, and Priv weren't good enough ...

They done man.

It isn't their hardware ace, it's their name.

#workwide #OG Black
    09-29-16 09:18 AM
    No!

Emperor of Texas & California.
    09-29-16 05:25 PM
    Haha

So the Q10, Classic, Passport, and Priv weren't good enough ...

They done man.

It isn't their hardware ace, it's their name.

#workwide #OG Black
    The Priv hardly qualifies as a PKB handset.
    The Passport sold well despite BB10. Classic sold well.

If the Mercury is true, it's something people will want. Apps and a great PKB. It's never been done...or at least marketed toward an enormous market such as Android.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 08:40 PM
    Why would apple want to build a phone for a small number of fanatics who want a PKB. Apple builds phones to sell, not to sit in warehouses waiting for a firesale.
    09-29-16 09:39 PM
    How is this thread still going on?

It's. Never. Going. To. Happen.

 Classically Posted ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    09-30-16 10:35 AM
    How is this thread still going on?

It's. Never. Going. To. Happen.

Folks exercising their right to hope, fantasize and dream

09-30-16 06:58 PM
    Right, sort of like Android.
    Okay Android is not that bad especially with the Priv and DTEK50 but I will agree Apple is the worst of all

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-30-16 07:16 PM
    Folks exercising their right to hope, fantasize and dream

Lots of hopes and dreams lol. Might be time to wake up.

09-30-16 10:35 PM
    So this has turned to Blackberry vs Apple lool

I have debates from iphone users all the time.
    I just tell them to compare the 2 latest phones. iphone 7 and Dtek50. They then see that even though the Dtek was in July it still has better specs than a phone that came out a few weeks ago. Dtek50 wins on 95% of the specs.

Posted via CB10 on my Classic
    10-01-16 08:36 PM
    So this has turned to Blackberry vs Apple lool

I have debates from iphone users all the time.
    I just tell them to compare the 2 latest phones. iphone 7 and Dtek50. They then see that even though the Dtek was in July it still has better specs than a phone that came out a few weeks ago. Dtek50 wins on 95% of the specs.

You asked for a BlackBerry community opinion on Apple the company that put BlackBerry in major trouble what did you expect

10-06-16 07:34 PM
    You asked for a BlackBerry community opinion on Apple the company that put BlackBerry in major trouble what did you expect

I asked the question after reading something about Apple getting some BlackBerry licences. I was just putting it out there lol

10-16-16 07:01 PM
    I asked the question after reading something about Apple getting some BlackBerry licences. I was just putting it out there lol

Where did you read it from, mate? Post it.

10-16-16 09:14 PM
    I agree it's kind of antithetical to Apple's current design aesthetic. However, Apple loves to reinvent things, especially old things and then take all the credit. So with Priv and Classic both gone from stores, pkbs are looking pretty dead. Perfect time for Apple to reinvent the pkb. XD

That's about the only reason they would do it. If they did though, it would probably be a very good phone with a very good pkb. If nothing else, Apple pays attention to little details, and that's what would make the phone great. I bet it would rival the Classic's keyboard.

If it ever happened, I'd be seriously tempted. I'd rather go to ios than go back to android.

IF it ever happened.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 11:41 AM
    No 'company' is allowed to make a PKB phone except Blackberry. (And Blackberry wont let apple make one even if apple wanted... apple is sh!t)
    moyah8 likes this.
    10-17-16 04:17 PM
    I agree it's kind of antithetical to Apple's current design aesthetic. However, Apple loves to reinvent things, especially old things and then take all the credit. So with Priv and Classic both gone from stores, pkbs are looking pretty dead. Perfect time for Apple to reinvent the pkb. XD

That's about the only reason they would do it. If they did though, it would probably be a very good phone with a very good pkb. If nothing else, Apple pays attention to little details, and that's what would make the phone great. I bet it would rival the Classic's keyboard.

If it ever happened, I'd be seriously tempted. I'd rather go to ios than go back to android.

IF it ever happened.

Posted via CB10
    apple does not need a physical keyboard and the won't make on the whole original idea for the iPhone was to remove the keyboard and mouse so that won't happen the iPhone stands against everything that has to do with buttons

10-18-16 12:50 PM
43 12