07-16-15 10:05 AM
    As the OP..... What do you think.....?
    moyah8 likes this.
    07-16-15 10:14 AM
    I think I would go with migrating over entirely. How about you?
    07-16-15 10:32 AM
    I think it should offer both. Os10 has its own features that just run better with its os.

I am not a big fan of android, but would choose it before iOS.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    07-16-15 10:51 AM
    I'm not a fan of Android. Blackberry would just be another Android device and there are many already.
    07-16-15 11:25 AM
    The good thing about BB and Android is that at least BB has reputation for being secured. In a sea of Android at least it can be sold as Android with security. May not be true but perception is reality. Where as anyone else it is oh another android.
    07-16-15 11:45 AM
    If they can add a BlackBerry skin to it that would ring true to their productivity roots, then sure - but android and iOS as they stand now, including ALL variations on android via CM, LG, Samsung, HTC, etc are way below the standard blackberry has set in terms of messaging and overall UI.

The biggest biggest, and unfortunately a critical flaw, problem with BlackBerry is they do not have the ecosystem that apple and Google have built, no doubt due to their massive user base in a kind of feedback loop effect.

If BlackBerry can solve the app problem, which is looking unlikely, then they might as well migrate to android.

Keep in mind that just because they do, doesn't meant it'll save their handset business - HTC and Sony build fantastic android devices too but they're still struggling.

BlackBerry really only has one thing that differentiates them from the rest - their keyboard.

So it'll be interesting to see how things play out - the upcoming slider is a rather smart move, as it gives the screen that the common consumer wants while pairing it with the keyboard that BlackBerry is known for. If they can gather hype around monster specs and a fantastic camera (will have to be much much better than the passport's which is mediocre), they have a shot at a turn-around, but it'll be their last chance.

They already flopped on the Passport and Classic.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    07-16-15 11:55 AM
    ^ You forgot to add , the Hub. That's Another differential object that BB offers.
    07-16-15 12:12 PM
    The good thing about BB and Android is that at least BB has reputation for being secured. In a sea of Android at least it can be sold as Android with security. May not be true but perception is reality. Where as anyone else it is oh another android.
    Been working for them so far
    07-16-15 01:00 PM
    Currently perception is "Oh it is a BB, BB is dead aren't they?" or "Oh it is a BB, there is no apps."

but if they can use that to their advantage and get
    "Oh it is Android but it is a BB so it is secured right? So, I get apps and it is secured?"
    07-16-15 01:11 PM
    I think why not try, probably or not will result as Nokia Lumia X. Maybe the most failed device.

If BlackBerry enters to android market should launch a very good device. Because who will pay a BlackBerry low range (low price is different thing) and care about security? No one. For 300 usd have plenty options with different colors, cases, interfaces, form, materials and muuuuuch more marketing promotions than BB

Those who are concerned for security are corporations.

Actually I did not bought a passport or classics due "security". I like the OS and keyboard.

If something like passport with Android OS and a Hub is included...very tempting device. Eventhough, I consider BB10 ecosystem better for me.

IMHO

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 01:43 PM
    I like BB10. I hate Android.

BlackBerry had better not stop making bb10. Besides, the app gap is super small now. The lastest OS runs practically all Android apps anyway.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 07:44 PM
    After using BB for 10 yrs or so, I would prefer android +bb's Hub, emailing and key pad would the best combination. I do not want to loose emailing and keyboard of BBOS since this is the reason, I am using blackberry.

Z30 10.3.2.2339 thru CB10
    07-16-15 08:33 PM
    We need Google services on BlackBerry in order to use many apps which requires Google services as backend support.

07-16-15 08:35 PM
    We need Google services on BlackBerry in order to use many apps which requires Google services as backend support.

What apps? I have a few that give an error, but they still run. I don't see what the deal is. Seems minor.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 09:01 PM
    Besides, the app gap is super small now. The lastest OS runs practically all Android apps anyway.
    Not even JC believes that.
    LazyEvul likes this.
    07-16-15 09:11 PM
    What apps? I have a few that give an error, but they still run. I don't see what the deal is. Seems minor.

Posted via CB10
    Snapchat is a popular one, for starters, that doesn't run.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-16-15 09:23 PM
    Theoretically the best possible result is a 100% NATIVE SUPPORT of the full Google Service, while still being BB10. I know this is probably impossible but man,what if....
    evodevo69 likes this.
    07-17-15 05:06 AM
    Maybe they'll FINALLY make a separate consumer grade line of devices! Pack the thing with Sammy killer specs & truly compete in the consumer market while reserving BB10 for users prioritizing on reliable, secure and productive WORK devices. If that's Chen's plan, it might just turn out to be the smartest thing BB's done in half a decade, IMO.
    07-17-15 11:09 AM
    Theoretically the best possible result is a 100% NATIVE SUPPORT of the full Google Service, while still being BB10. I know this is probably impossible but man,what if....
    Best possible result would have been 100% support of BB10 natively. I still wonder about the possible performance increase... without the Android Runtime.

Me... I think all signs point to an end of BB10 development... period.

But I also think if a BerryDroid shows up it will be proof of concept device that is meant to bridge the end of the hardware business. Basically Chen has already pulled the plug on hardware. The day he says they are out of the hardware business all he'll have to do is end a few contracts. Who at BlackBerry is working on hardware....
    07-17-15 11:15 AM
    I keep hearing about this problem with android security. Maybe someone can explain this to me.

I had a nexus5 on which I installed cyanogenmod and xprivacy (for app permissions).

Isn't an open source OS (such as CM) + open source apps better for security than a closed source system? I mean, I had a lot more control over my apps in android than I do on blackberry (and soon they'll do this natively as on bb). BBM for example can't even be audited so we don't know if it's truly secure or not.

So, why is BB OS 10 (closed source) considered more secure than android (open source)?

Edit: PS i didn't read the article.
    Last edited by werkregen; 07-17-15 at 07:27 PM.
    07-17-15 07:14 PM