I feel very lucky. No bloatware or crappy logos or even plates with carrier logos in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 08:33 PM
    That's one place Apple got it right. No branding by carriers.
    Too bad BlackBerry doesn't have the leverage that Apple, now a luxury brand, enjoys. Anyone get an at&t Classic to work with a Tylt, yet?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Avenzuno; 03-15-15 at 09:02 AM.
    03-15-15 02:25 AM
    AT&T has their extra carrier apps specific to carrier also on their Classic.

Posted via CB10
    But, blackberry give the choice to uninstall I think. I have the ATT Passport and all bloat ware can be removed...

bℯ��ℯř ฬ�ђ bℓ�ckbℯřřɣ
    03-18-15 03:11 AM
    [QUOTE=ToniCipriani;11464129]We don't have them on any phone these days up here in Canada. And it's most certainly not enforced by the government or CRTC, just everyone hates it and eventually it went away./QUOTE]

I feel that is incorrect. My view is that the Canadian carriers don't place a large enough order with BlackBerry to be able to dictate the inclusion of their logo. So Canadian carriers get the sans logo version, which will also be sold worldwide to other low-volume carriers.

US carriers have more clout and place larger orders, so BlackBerry will happily spend the 5 cents to place their logo on their run of 100,000 AT&T Q10s, for example.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 03:21 AM
    Just my 2 cents here. I am from Canada (GTA) and could get the device for 0$ on the contract but opted out to buy the device from BB. Here are the advantages:
    1. Not locked into 2 years contract.
    2. Trying to leave my current provider (TELUS) for WIND. The representative at WIND (AWS) provider told me that they had customers with TELUS branded devices not able to get 4G signal at all, no troubles for devices bought directly from BlackBerry.
    3. With the new updates delivery policy I am getting updates right away

Could find a bit more but I'll stop here.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 04:00 AM
    Just my 2 cents here. I am from Canada (GTA) and could get the device for 0$ on the contract but opted out to buy the device from BB. Here are the advantages:
    1. Not locked into 2 years contract.
    2. Trying to leave my current provider (TELUS) for WIND. The representative at WIND (AWS) provider told me that they had customers with TELUS branded devices not able to get 4G signal at all, no troubles for devices bought directly from BlackBerry.
    3. With the new updates delivery policy I am getting updates right away

Could find a bit more but I'll stop here.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, I know I overpaid for my ATT. And I knew another marriage agreement with them might be bad as I've used them before. But I also know they are easy to unlock and accept a lot of different SIMS. I've used H2o, net10, GSM straighttalk and red pocket in my z10. My only questions is how well will LTE work in this Passport...but either way I'm fine with 4G...I don't do a lot of gaming or movies on my device...once in awhile Youtube videos.

I'll keep.people.posted on LTE and in a couple of months I'll try different Sims. ATT is pretty good about traveling and different bands and I think this Passport is a world phone. Once Blackberry's are unlocked there are a lot of options as far as adjusting APN settings...but with micro smart Sims you rarely have to.go back in and adjust them. we'll see how it goes.

bℯ��ℯř ฬ�ђ bℓ�ckbℯřřɣ
    03-18-15 05:44 AM
    I bought the unlocked version simply because of resale value, no logo and the ability to switch carriers if I wanted to. ATT offered to insure it for $7 a month (I did), so it's covered.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    03-18-15 03:55 PM
    I have a question for someone with an unlocked none att Classic. My ATT classic has only one loud speaker but has the grill for two like my passport. When I use BBVE on the Passport it has a test for left and right speakers and on my ATT Classic that test simply just isn't there. So I know there isn't dual speakers but I thought the classic did?!?!?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 04:28 PM
    I have a question for someone with an unlocked none att Classic. My ATT classic has only one loud speaker but has the grill for two like my passport. When I use BBVE on the Passport it has a test for left and right speakers and on my ATT Classic that test simply just isn't there. So I know there isn't dual speakers but I thought the classic did?!?!?

Posted via CB10
    Only one is a speaker unfortunately.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-18-15 04:31 PM
    Thank you, that stinks but thank you

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 04:53 PM
    AT&T, easier to deal with if you have device issues. Don't sweat the bloat, just myAT&T which you'll probably use and FamilyMap which can easily be deleted.

Posted via my AT&T BlackBerry Classic
    03-18-15 05:57 PM
    STAY away from att insurance the deductible for the Classic is 199. 00 I dropped it and signed up with BlackBerry Care

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 06:20 PM
    I ordered mine from Amazon. I prefer to purchase blackberry phones unlocked so that carrier does not have control of my updates.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 06:28 PM
    I ordered mine from Amazon. I prefer to purchase blackberry phones unlocked so that carrier does not have control of my updates.

Posted via CB10
    I install updates using sachesi, so the carrier doesn't control my updates despite me using an AT&T phone. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-18-15 06:29 PM
39 12