Compared to my q10, some keys on my classic just don't feel right. The spacebar and three keys just above feel sometimes like there is too much play and wiggle. Sometimes feels like it's clicking twice like a camera shutter button (on an actual camera). Anyone else find the classic keyboard to be less tight feeling than expected? It's annoying that I notice it constantly. Not sure I can get used yo that and this is my second Classic. First one had glue under the back key and it stuck and creaked.
    03-20-15 01:29 PM
    My 1st classic had a mushy R key. Verizon sent me a new one, and some of the keys on the new one almost sounded like they were sticking, plus the vibration on that phone was very rattle-y. I'm hanging onto the 1st one and sending the replacement back.

Posted via CB10 on my Big Red Classic!
    03-20-15 02:13 PM
    It's a shame that they don't seem to have great quality control checks during manufacturing. It seems like every one of the previous 10 BlackBerry models I've bought have had to be exchanged at least once to get a perfect working phone.
    03-20-15 02:17 PM
    Keys are soft but not more that in my classic..

Posted via BlackBerry!.
    03-20-15 10:07 PM
    Hi,
    If you read on the side of the box - Made in China!
    I have had this problem with the V key. Got it replaced. I think BB is cutting down the cost of handsets by sourcing production to chinese markets,and,personally im not fan of those products. poor quality for cheap production.
    If anyone wants to buy BB, better check all keys for least an hr sitting in the shop itself before moving out. Not just keypads but all buttons, panels,screen,charger, camera,etc etc etc.... all the stuff available... after all its our money we investing in it.
    Mushy keys seems to be a known problem now! BB needs to wake up on its hardware quality now!
    03-24-15 03:51 PM
    No issue with my 100-4 model. Then again I haven't had a physical keyboard for over 5 years, so I may be a bit unaware as to how it should feel. My phone types fine without errors, fwiw...
    03-24-15 04:02 PM
    seems like it's hit or miss - unfortunately you have to test all of the keys before purchase if you get it from AT&T
    03-24-15 10:34 PM
    It's just not good that so many units seem to have these little nagging keyboard issues. On the other hand, my q10 has been mechanically perfect for 18 months.
    03-26-15 06:45 AM
    It's just not good that so many units seem to have these little nagging keyboard issues. On the other hand, my q10 has been mechanically perfect for 18 months.
    My Q10 was a Mexico one, and it started going through double-typing and some unresponsive keys after about 1 year and a few months. If your Q10 has been flawless, kudos to you! I had to upgrade to a Classic because on my Q10 I had to push keys (particularly the i and h keys) several times to get it to respond and obviously, when writing an email or responding to chat, even with auto-predict on, it made me lose my train of thought. Of course, I just got my Classic last night and time will tell if this one will suffer the same fate, although I have already noticed a big difference when typing. It's more clicky on the Classic (homage to the Bold 9900 days than it was on my Q10.
    03-26-15 07:40 AM
    Was wondering if anyone would happen to know how the keys feel on the classic? Meaning I have a 9900 a q10 and a z10. I never really liked the stiffer clicky feel of the q10 keyboard and it sets in my drawer. I like the softer click of the 9900 much better than the stiffer click of the q10. I use the Z10 on weekends and trips, simply because for work all touch screens don't work for me because I wear latex gloves and am a tractor technicician so they tend to be greasy sometimes.

So I was hoping the classic keys would feel more like the 9900, or are they still closer to the q10
    03-27-15 01:36 PM
    Was wondering if anyone would happen to know how the keys feel on the classic? Meaning I have a 9900 a q10 and a z10. I never really liked the stiffer clicky feel of the q10 keyboard and it sets in my drawer. I like the softer click of the 9900 much better than the stiffer click of the q10. I use the Z10 on weekends and trips, simply because for work all touch screens don't work for me because I wear latex gloves and am a tractor technicician so they tend to be greasy sometimes.

So I was hoping the classic keys would feel more like the 9900, or are they still closer to the q10
    The Classic feels closer to a 9900. It has that clickiness to it which reminds me so much of the 9930 I used prior to getting a Q10. It's hard to explain but I love the feel of the keys on the Classic.
    03-27-15 01:40 PM

Definitely more like the bold series. I actually prefer my q10 keyboard, but I did get a mushy key classic that I had to return.
    03-27-15 02:36 PM
    Wow how can you feel a key is soft. Pp user here and it feels so good.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 02:47 PM
    So what your saying is that the keys are stiffer on a Q10?
    03-30-15 08:39 PM
    I have had no such problems with my classic..in perfect working order

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 08:52 PM
    So what your saying is that the keys are stiffer on a Q10?
    Yes, I feel like the keys on my q10 are harder to press than the classic. But they seem to have zero side-to-side play, where my classics both felt like they had some sideways give. Just enough to notice and distract me. The spacebar was especially loose on both.
    03-30-15 10:08 PM
    On my third classic from ATT. First one had mushy, non clicking upper row of letter right out of box. Returned next day. Second one started not clicking U and then double typing on the U and I within one week. Right back. Third one has been perfect for over a month. QC sucketh.
    03-31-15 10:12 AM
    i have started feeling q10 was a good device they thought and made... classic seems to be an after thought quick response to market , not much thought given to the quality
    04-03-15 11:42 AM