On my new Classic with it's OS upgrade, in the settings menu, as I scroll down, there is a blue highlight bar that follows me down through the listings and lights up a selection somewhere above the middle of the screen. Can anyone tell me what this is for? I'm annoyed enough with the glaring white look of the settings menu (after coming from a dark themed Q10) without having this yapping Terrier of a highlight nipping at my heels and following me around and not even settling (with a lag) on what I would consider the obvious choice to select.
    Again what's the point of this? It's not a mouse with a rollover state, it's a touchscreen. I can jab whatever I want.

And while we're on the Settings menu. Is there a reason I can't go back to the dark theme? I'm now afraid to update my Q10 because this new color look may be part of the OS. A dark menu makes sense on the Q10 due to the OLED screen - less light means less power used. But now that the Classic has an LCD and is using the same power no matter what's on it, was there a collective relief that we no longer need good design and can just let the power and light fly?
    We can customize so many things, (and some items are just silly), why can't we customize how we view important screens in a way that makes sense for each and everyone of us? Dark themes are available for the hub menu, texts and the main screen, but not for email (which I would argue is the place where your eyeballs spend most of their time), the settings and the BB messenger.
    Why is there this discrepancy in customization?
    05-14-16 02:12 PM
    Yeah, more customization would always be welcome. I'm not too sure why you can't get certain things in a dark view.
    But for now, you can get dark text messages, and dark BBM chats.

As for you your issue with the settings screen, that blue thing is your mouse.
    Scroll around your home screen with the trackpad and you will see blue. That's your mouse.
    Now from the home screen, click the  menu key. Click on settings. Now scroll with the trackpad. That blue represents your cursor.
    Now that you have a Classic, we expect more out of you. Quit pawing away at a touchscreen. Start loving the trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 03:58 PM
    Of Course! Thank you thank you. That makes perfect sense. I missed the track pad when I went from bold to Q10, but I guess I got used to the touchscreen (and the fact I do touch screen dev for a living) So I've just got to get my head out of my touchglass.
    05-14-16 10:11 PM