Hello everyone,

I have been searching for this info but cant find it.

I have a work email. I thing i have a exchange account.

I have all the info from my it departement but in advance settings they want to to put down the SMTP adress and port.

Im trying to set it up as a IMAP.
    I have incomeing mail server and outgoing, Is that the same as SMTP ? Because it doesnt work..

That info i dont have. What do i do?

Thanks for all the help
    01-03-15 01:11 PM
    I have read other's discuss setting up email. Can someone please post an image from the email set up, for example showing the account types:

Setting up my work email. Need help-imageuploadedbycb-forums1420313972.594351.jpg

Thanks!
    01-03-15 01:39 PM
    Setting up my work email. Need help-imageuploadedbycb-forums1420314982.499630.jpg

My iCloud account works. But when i try to change the sync time from 7 days to 90 days or forever. This messege comes up.

And it allso comes up when i try to setup my work account.
    01-03-15 01:57 PM
    Hello everyone,

I have been searching for this info but cant find it.

I have all the info from my it departement but in advance settings they want to to put down the SMTP adress and port.

Im trying to set it up as a IMAP.
    I have incomeing mail server and outgoing, Is that the same as SMTP ? Because it doesnt work..

That info i dont have. What do i do?

Thanks for all the help
    The smtp address and port is specific to what your it department uses and is also preset with you companies internet provider.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 11:49 PM

Hi, go to Settings, Accounts and add 'Email, Calendar and Contacts' account. When presented with the email address, press the 'Advanced' setup icon at bottom, middle of the bottom bar. Then you have a choice:

Setting up my work email. Need help-img_20150104_182848.png

Based on your statement: '... i have a exchange account', select 'Exchange...' and populate details. Unless otherwise advice leave the port as is (443) and fill in the rest as you have been instructed by your IT gurus..

01-04-15 01:32 AM
    Hi, go to Settings, Accounts and add 'Email, Calendar and Contacts' account. When presented with the email address, press the 'Advanced' setup icon at bottom, middle of the bottom bar. Then you have a choice:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150104_182848.png 
Views:	305 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	325238

Based on your statement: '... i have a exchange account', select 'Exchange...' and populate details. Unless otherwise advice leave the port as is (443) and fill in the rest as you have been instructed by your IT gurus..

Hello,

Ive tried but it doesnt work.

I set have set it up as a IMAP on my iPhone, and it works great. But when i use the same settings on my BB it says it cant reach the SMTP server and cant connect.

Any Idea what to do then? I have tried the support / validate link on BBs webpage but it doesnt work either...

Best regards
    01-04-15 02:19 AM
    Sorry to hear that setup was unsuccessful . Technically, if it works on iPhone, should work on the BlackBerry ... if you have entered EXACTLY the same details, and it still not connecting, it could be that your iPhone was 'provisioned' by your IT department and have some other settings introduced to enable connectivity to your email server. Example would be VPN or secure 'tunnelled' connection, certificate...in any way, hard to resolve without seeing screens and settings. Please do not post them here, as it might disclose too much publicly.. I suggest short visit to your IT department is the best way to approach this challenge and potentially resolve it..

Cheers

01-04-15 04:57 AM
    Thanks. Well the strange thing is is that it worked on the Q10 before. But i cant remember if i did enything diffrent.

Getting pretty angry, and my IT departement says its the same settings.

Dont understand what im doing wrong.
    01-04-15 12:00 PM
    Is there any email apps that i can try to use ?
    01-04-15 12:01 PM
    I dont know how, but now it works, ive no idea how but it does!

Super happy, thank you for all the help!

Posted via CB10
    Ducca683 likes this.
    01-04-15 01:33 PM