Yay or nay?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 12:22 PM
    Depends on your needs...

I can see a future with the PRIV, not so much for the Classic.

But for some users the Classic meets all their needs.
    B Louang and moyah8 like this.
    07-08-16 12:25 PM
    Nay in my opinion, but only you and your needs can tell what is best for you...

I own both a Classic and a Priv running on 2 separate lines... My Classic is still my choice Daily Driver... if I was forced today to choose only one device it would be exceptionally easy for me to pick the Classic over the Priv...

The form factor, the PKB, the battery life of the Classic + BB10 with the Classic vs Android on the Priv, I just enjoy the Classic far more and for me, find the Classic to be everything I require from a mobile device and more whereas the Priv simply provides me with a few apps that I don't really need, but enjoy, a more versatile OS system as far more 'side endeavors' can be done with Android, and finally the Priv is a better device to stream media... But when it comes down to a PHONE phone and the things I truly NEED, the Classic wins every time without contest... Again this is 100% determined by one's personal needs and personal usage...

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 12:26 PM
    Yay or nay?

Posted via CB10
    There's a marketplace where you can do it. Why ask us? If you want the Priv, buy it. If you want to keep the Classic, keep the Classic. Don't see the point in this...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    moyah8 likes this.
    07-08-16 12:31 PM
    There's a marketplace where you can do it. Why ask us? If you want the Priv, buy it. If you want to keep the Classic, keep the Classic. Don't see the point in this...

I don't like this post

Posted via CB10
    raremage likes this.
    07-08-16 12:33 PM
    Nay in my opinion, but only you and your needs can tell what is best for you...

I own both a Classic and a Priv running on 2 separate lines... My Classic is still my choice Daily Driver... if I was forced today to choose only one device it would be exceptionally easy for me to pick the Classic over the Priv...

The form factor, the PKB, the battery life of the Classic + BB10 with the Classic vs Android on the Priv, I just enjoy the Classic far more and for me, find the Classic to be everything I require from a mobile device and more whereas the Priv simply provides me with a few apps that I don't really need, but enjoy, a more versatile OS system as far more 'side endeavors' can be done with Android, and finally the Priv is a better device to stream media... But when it comes down to a PHONE phone and the things I truly NEED, the Classic wins every time without contest... Again this is 100% determined by one's personal needs and personal usage...

Posted via CB10
    I really like this post

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 12:34 PM
    Any kind of slidey thing is going to give you problems -- the Priv is weird and it has no trackpad -- this makes it useless. It's also ugly, expensive and doesn't feel right. The Priv is just bad news -- don't go there. You already have the best, the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    07-08-16 02:16 PM
    Well since the production of classic is dead or dying as per chen , why should I beat a dead horse. Isn't the priv the next step up in the game, aside from Rome, Greek or Mediterranean?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 06:19 PM
    Nay, particularly if the OP is currently productive with the Classic. I will argue that the Classic's resale value will actually increase these next few months while existing inventory becomes more scarce. In the meantime, I urge him to await the next BlackBerry Android PKB device, whether it's Argon or Mercury. I think by then, he will get more money for selling his Classic, IMHO.
    07-08-16 06:25 PM
    Nay, particularly if the OP is currently productive with the Classic. I will argue that the Classic's resale value will actually increase these next few months while existing inventory becomes more scarce. In the meantime, I urge him to await the next BlackBerry Android PKB device, whether it's Argon or Mercury. I think by then, he will get more money for selling his Classic, IMHO.
    I would have to agree. If it really does turn out to be an "abandon ship" situation with respect to the Classic, I'd say hold on for the Mercury or the Plymouth or whatever they're going to call this Android thing with a real keyboard and a trackpad and a halfway normal form factor. That Priv thing looks like a big old mess, unless of course it makes you happy, in which case have at 'er. Slidey gadgets are pretty much always bad news though.

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-08-16 06:40 PM
    Any kind of slidey thing is going to give you problems -- the Priv is weird and it has no trackpad -- this makes it useless. It's also ugly, expensive and doesn't feel right. The Priv is just bad news -- don't go there. You already have the best, the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    The Priv does have a trackpad......

I haven't used my Priv a full 24hrs, ive already mastered the kb and set up the device like it's still a bb10 device....my initial concerns are no more - this is the device to have for BlackBerry

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-09-16 07:39 AM
    It does? Aha -- I see in one picture here something that looks like a little circle between at triangle and a square at the very bottom of the screen part. Is that the trackpad?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 10:14 AM
    It does? Aha -- I see in one picture here something that looks like a little circle between at triangle and a square at the very bottom of the screen part. Is that the trackpad?

Posted via CB10
    They're talking about the Priv's capacitive PKB which is not nearly as efficient or productive as the trackpad IMO... Although recent upgrades to the Priv's PKB has made it a bit more functional... I am speaking specifically about the scroll to highlight and cut, copy, paste functionality... Still not quite as accurate and vigorous as the trackpad according to my thoughts/usage...

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 12:13 PM
    They're talking about the Priv's capacitive PKB which is not nearly as efficient or productive as the trackpad IMO... Although recent upgrades to the Priv's PKB has made it a bit more functional... I am speaking specifically about the scroll to highlight and cut, copy, paste functionality... Still not quite as accurate and vigorous as the trackpad according to my thoughts/usage...

Posted via CB10
    Exactly.

07-09-16 01:26 PM
    I had the chance to buy the priv but I opt for the Classic. Coming form the Bold that I love so much. I knew that I wanted the same experience. A durable phone with less distraction that gets the job done with a physical keyboard. Priv being a Android powered phone will be much fun but , I need business.

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno and dunnsantee like this.
    07-09-16 08:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    There you go -- sounds like the consensus is against this "Priv" contraption. If you need a BlackBerry, you need a real trackpad. A BlackBerry with no trackpad is like a Porsche with an automatic transmission. Or like a mermaid, sort of. Or something like that.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    07-09-16 09:47 PM
    Maybe I sell my Priv for a new blue classic BB.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-09-16 11:01 PM
    I own both devices and prefer the classics keyboard over the privs keyboard. Of course the priv is much faster and more productive in every way.

07-10-16 09:16 PM
    The Priv does have a trackpad......

I haven't used my Priv a full 24hrs, ive already mastered the kb and set up the device like it's still a bb10 device....my initial concerns are no more - this is the device to have for BlackBerry

So does the priv come with stock BB applications? Like email, contacts, calendar, HUB etc...?

One thing I've hated about Android is that there's too much choice of apps and you usually have to compromise when you pick one. I've liked BB because they come ready to go. Don't need to try 50 mail apps to find one that lets you reply with attachment etc... Then spend hours trying out calendars to find it doesn't mesh with the mail app...
    acovey likes this.
    07-10-16 09:49 PM
    So does the priv come with stock BB applications? Like email, contacts, calendar, HUB etc...?

One thing I've hated about Android is that there's too much choice of apps and you usually have to compromise when you pick one. I've liked BB because they come ready to go. Don't need to try 50 mail apps to find one that lets you reply with attachment etc... Then spend hours trying out calendars to find it doesn't mesh with the mail app...
    Yes, BlackBerry has their own stock applications for most of what you need, the exception being their SMS app... The Priv's SMS stock app is made via Google... (Verizon Priv's use an SMS app developed my Verizon) The calender, email, contacts, HUB, etc are all BlackBerry made... Along with notes, Tasks, the camera, the Keyboard, and many more... Though I still greatly prefer BB10 over Android... And still love my Classic far more than my Priv... Selling my classic for priv-screenshot_20160711-162353.jpgSelling my classic for priv-screenshot_20160711-162404.jpgSelling my classic for priv-screenshot_20160711-162417.jpgSelling my classic for priv-screenshot_20160711-162439.jpg
    07-11-16 03:28 PM
    I'm going to miss "Remember", that's one slick notes app...

Can we completely remove BBM? Some of us don't use it...
    07-22-16 01:07 AM
    It all boils down to two things: how important are third-party apps, and how important is the keyboard?

If you really venture beyond email/messaging/web, go for the Priv. It's just going to be easier. It's a more powerful phone, too, and the keyboard/trackpad-like functionality are good enough if you're a BlackBerry veteran.

If, however, you're fine with the essentials and really, really like a hardware keyboard, the Classic is really your best choice. It's the only phone that will truly make you happy if you have fond memories of the Bold or Curve lines.
    07-25-16 07:57 PM