Every time I get a little uppity and say something about BlackBerry users caring more about professional or accurate communications, shortly thereafter I make a big spelling mistake on my BB.

Seriously - the OP needs to put some punctuation in, the point they tried to make was very difficult to understand.
    andy957, chflower and Mric182 like this.
    03-16-15 04:03 AM
    I think it's always been like this.

The Z10 came out and all the OS7 devices like the 9900 were awful. Then the Z30 came out and its the best Blackberry ever despite being very close to the Z10. Now we're on to the Passport and it's the best ever and the Z10 almost ruined the company. And so on and so forth...

You pretty much observe this phenomenon regardless of whether you buy Blackberry, Samsung, Apple, etc. Once the device gets old the rose colored glasses come off. Have comfort in that one day it will be the Passport's turn to be left out in the cold.
    jas1978 likes this.
    03-16-15 04:04 AM
    It's hard to read without any punctuation.
    or maybe you need new prescription glasses. Btw, I would be happy to lend you mine.

These forums are no different from the "wild wild west" where anything and everything goes. It's called "AS IS".
    03-16-15 11:19 AM
    Rather than firing back, you took the high road? Um, you might want to check your altitude, because you....um....fired back.

Here's a few things you might have missed before you let your bias from some other unknown previous posts get the best of you...
    A- unless I quote someone who posted after the OP, it's assumed I'm responding to the OP
    B- the OP started the post with the words...."I remember when......" My post started with the same exact reference on purpose.
    C- The OP's short post, unlike yours or anyone else's, was filled with about 2 dozen grammatical errors that made it so hard to read that I had to slowly filter through it. Clearly 2 other people figured that out when they liked my post. I mean, it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out. (sorry, but you felt the need to tell us what you do for a living....)

I just don't understand the posters that need to make comments about other posters that make comments about people who can't muster out a single sentence in a medium that requires written words in which to effectively communicate.
    After reading back, you're correct there was something I missed. When you commented to the effect of "...remembering when people could write a sentence" I completely took it the wrong way. I realize now you meant communicate a sentence with respect to syntax, punctuation, etc. I thought you meant (and I admit I'm not sure why) that you remember when posts were just a sentence. Meaning not a long drawn out paragraph or dissertation. Since my prior post was lengthy I did assume you were commenting towards me. So I apologize for jumping the gun.

Posted via my AT&T BlackBerry Classic
    03-16-15 12:27 PM
    After reading back, you're correct there was something I missed. When you commented to the effect of "...remembering when people could write a sentence" I completely took it the wrong way. I realize now you meant communicate a sentence with respect to syntax, punctuation, etc. I thought you meant (and I admit I'm not sure why) that you remember when posts were just a sentence. Meaning not a long drawn out paragraph or dissertation. Since my prior post was lengthy I did assume you were commenting towards me. So I apologize for jumping the gun.

Apology accepted, thanks. (I love your avatar image, by the way.)

Remember everyone: Save lives, use punctuation!
    03-16-15 12:55 PM
    I understand what you guys are saying to me it's all about People from the outside looking in when they see Blackberry owners putting down other Blackberry owners they make fun of us all because they don't like BlackBerry and don't care how good the Passport is it makes us look bad.

Posted via CB10
    How does this make you look bad?

It's a phone. It's personal choice.

Now if you feel bad that is an issue you need to personally overcome IMHO.

Who cares what someone else thinks about your phone of choice?

Personally I am ridiculed for using a BlackBerry, but you know what????? I DON"T CARE cause I love my phone!
    03-16-15 02:22 PM
    or maybe you need new prescription glasses. Btw, I would be happy to lend you mine.

These forums are no different from the "wild wild west" where anything and everything goes. It's called "AS IS".
    That's pretty cool! I didn't know there were glasses that could see invisible punctuation.
    03-16-15 04:26 PM
    Since the Passport is the Best BlackBerry currently available, it will always be mentioned.

I had ALL BlackBerry 10 devices and got rid of them in favour of the almighty Passport.

Many are happy with what they have and I am still thinking that I wasted money in moving away from the Z10, since it did all I needed it for.

The Z30 was nicer but annoyed me with its Amoled display and non removable battery.

The Qs and Classic were too small in regards to. Screen size but amazing for typing.

The Passport has a battery that is large enough to not really miss the option of throwing in a charged battery. But I had moments like those...

Since the keyboard allows me to quickly launch apps, I would not move back to the Z10, especially since the intelligent assistant made this function more cumbersome for touch only devices.

There are few reasons why I would recommend another device than the Passport, if size is not an issue

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 04:42 PM
    There are few reasons why I would recommend another device than the Passport, if size is not an issue
    With the wide three row keyboard, it doesn't feel like a traditional BlackBerry pkb experience.
    03-16-15 04:47 PM
    I would have loved the Passport, but it really came down to practicality.

The Passport is in my opinion, a mini-tablet.

I loved it but I need both hands to operate it. I know I would have dropped it a bazillion times by now, just because of the width. If it were for personal use only, Passport.

That being said, I'm as excited with my Classic as I was when I went from my 9780 to my 9810.

Just sayin'

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 04:55 PM
    I would have loved the Passport, but it really came down to practicality.

The Passport is in my opinion, a mini-tablet.

I loved it but I need both hands to operate it. I know I would have dropped it a bazillion times by now, just because of the width. If it were for personal use only, Passport.

That being said, I'm as excited with my Classic as I was when I went from my 9780 to my 9810.

Just sayin'

Posted via CB10
    I've got two phone lines, one on Verizon and one on Consumer Cellular (AT&T towers). The Passport isn't available on Verizon, so I use the Classic as my primary line and the Passport on Consumer Cellular. I usually will use the Passport for most stuff, but texting and BBM and phone calls are done on the Classic. I've got two Seidio Surface Holsters, one on each hip.

I love the Classic and being able to select text, copy and paste using the Trackpad and the Menu key make me so happy. I would choose the Classic if I had to choose just one because I can do a lot with one hand.

My only minor complaint about the Classic is that it's a little slower than I prefer. That's it.
    03-17-15 03:38 AM
    On the punctuation matter, perhaps some BlackBerry users believe the phone is so awesome it fixes grammatical errors but have such busy lives, they don't realize the phone isn't quite THAT awesome.
    Also, when I was taking a college course, the professor was teaching an online English course. She stated there is a major issue with how the younger generation is using the English language. Texting, tweeting and other forms of communication that use emoticons and symbols to replace actual words are destroying proper grammar. She said she had to return numerous papers because the students were writing as though texting. And this was not an English 101 class. So, the grammar issue is not isolated to intelligence, cultural or even age group. This is a generational issue dictated by the demands of the smartphones we use daily. If we want to end the degradation of proper grammar, be more mindful of your grammar, put the phone away and not use it to communicate in written form or be an example of proper grammar and be kind to those who struggle with it. Calling people out for a mistake just creates bad feelings.

The Classic
    03-17-15 04:26 AM
    On the punctuation matter, perhaps some BlackBerry users believe the phone is so awesome it fixes grammatical errors but have such busy lives, they don't realize the phone isn't quite THAT awesome.
    Also, when I was taking a college course, the professor was teaching an online English course. She stated there is a major issue with how the younger generation is using the English language. Texting, tweeting and other forms of communication that use emoticons and symbols to replace actual words are destroying proper grammar. She said she had to return numerous papers because the students were writing as though texting. And this was not an English 101 class. So, the grammar issue is not isolated to intelligence, cultural or even age group. This is a generational issue dictated by the demands of the smartphones we use daily. If we want to end the degradation of proper grammar, be more mindful of your grammar, put the phone away and not use it to communicate in written form or be an example of proper grammar and be kind to those who struggle with it. Calling people out for a mistake just creates bad feelings.
    I agree that the generational issue is mostly to blame. It's interesting that many of these same poor communicators are also part of the boomerang generation that, according to a recent news article, represent over 30% of baby boomer's offspring living in their basements. No joke.

Calling people out for a mistake just creates bad feelings.
    Also known as tough love. Yet another problem with the boomerang / illiterate generation: everyone gets a trophy because we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. That's all well and good until after you get your (barely earned) diploma and enter the jungle that couldn't care less about your feelings or the reason why you can barely write a sentence.
    DINGSTER1 likes this.
    03-17-15 09:03 AM
    It's rather funny in my mind as I think of a certain situation. My mother has been a teacher for the last 25+ years. She is the first person to correct someone's grammar. If you make a grammar mistake she can be really tough on you. She will embarrass the whole family at a nice restaurant by calling out the waiter for ending a sentence with preposition.

About a year ago she decided she was going to start using Facebook. She writes in what some call, "stream of consciousness". Meaning she just types an entire thought with no capitalization, punctuation or anything at all. She tries to argue, "everyone knows what I mean". Sure they do mom. I love her and she happens to be extremely intelligent, but clearly does not understand even Facebook needs some grammar guard rails. She's doing it all wrong.

andy957 likes this.
    03-17-15 01:14 PM
    I'm just going to keep writing and not use any periods because hey well everyone will understand won't they and if they don't I guess it's because they can't read proper English like I am using now but maybe I should learn to use periods because then people will understand me better but I don't know I'm so confused about periods maybe I should post a new topic called how do I insert periods?

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-17-15 01:33 PM
    It's rather funny in my mind as I think of a certain situation. My mother has been a teacher for the last 25+ years. She is the first person to correct someone's grammar. If you make a grammar mistake she can be really tough on you. She will embarrass the whole family at a nice restaurant by calling out the waiter for ending a sentence with preposition.

About a year ago she decided she was going to start using Facebook. She writes in what some call, "stream of consciousness". Meaning she just types an entire thought with no capitalization, punctuation or anything at all. She tries to argue, "everyone knows what I mean". Sure they do mom. I love her and she happens to be extremely intelligent, but clearly does not understand even Facebook needs some grammar guard rails. She's doing it all wrong.

Sounds like your mother has an alter ego....like Rob Lowe on the DirectTV commercials. "Hi, I'm teacher mom. And I'm bad grammar Mom".

Interestingly enough, it's the written communications that needs the grammar more to help understand it, because the verbal communication has the advantage of sound: pauses, inflections, etc. Even if you end in a preposition when speaking, people generally can understand you.
    03-17-15 02:22 PM
    Sounds like your mother has an alter ego....like Rob Lowe on the DirectTV commercials. "Hi, I'm teacher mom. And I'm bad grammar Mom".

Interestingly enough, it's the written communications that needs the grammar more to help understand it, because the verbal communication has the advantage of sound: pauses, inflections, etc. Even if you end in a preposition when speaking, people generally can understand you.
    Have you ever read or studied the book and/or theory: "The Medium is the Message".

03-17-15 04:37 PM
    Have you ever read or studied the book and/or theory: "The Medium is the Message".

No, but I just googled it and read about it. Interesting.
    03-17-15 05:46 PM
    No, but I just googled it and read about it. Interesting.
    Read it years ago in college. Took a great course on it where the absent minded professor just let us sit in a circle and predict how the advancement of modern technology was happening quicker than we could understand it's effects. We also deep dived into the first Matrix movie and compared in to today's forms of social control. On that note, to take this back to the title of the thread...sometimes it isn't BlackBerry versus BlackBerry and sometimes it is. But inevitably I always come back to one of my my BlackBerry devices. BlackBerry 4 - iPhone 1.
    IT SEEMS LIKE IT'S BLACKBERRY vs BLACKBERRY-img_20150317_164622_edit.jpg

03-17-15 06:34 PM
    Read it years ago in college. Took a great course on it where the absent minded professor just let us sit in a circle and predict how the advancement of modern technology was happening quicker than we could understand it's effects. We also deep dived into the first Matrix movie and compared in to today's forms of social control. On that note, to take this back to the title of the thread...sometimes it isn't BlackBerry versus BlackBerry and sometimes it is. But inevitably I always come back to one of my my BlackBerry devices. BlackBerry 4 - iPhone 1.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150317_164622_edit.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	342040

That's a beautiful collection of phones. I am actually now displaying my curve in it's charging pod, next to my 9900 in it's charging pod, on top of my desk like some people might display sports memorabilia. Gives me warm feelings of the past.

I love my classic, but still pick up my Z10 next to the bed at night and will continue to travel with it as a back up. But as I look at your picture, the Passport has a strange attraction for me. Is that the ATT version?
    03-18-15 07:48 AM
    That's a beautiful collection of phones. I am actually now displaying my curve in it's charging pod, next to my 9900 in it's charging pod, on top of my desk like some people might display sports memorabilia. Gives me warm feelings of the past.

I love my classic, but still pick up my Z10 next to the bed at night and will continue to travel with it as a back up. But as I look at your picture, the Passport has a strange attraction for me. Is that the ATT version?
    Yup. That's the AT&T version of the Passport. The original from BlackBerry didn't get service in my home?
    03-18-15 08:05 AM
    The good thing about BlackBerry vs BlackBerry is that there's something different to compare between the phones. I think the reason people didn't argue (as much) in the past about which BlackBerry was better is because they were practically the same (with just minor changes). Now we have unique devices that people can feel good about and defend and compare to other phones.

Another thing to consider is that we are in a forum about BlackBerry phones. It would be a boring forum if everyone just agreed and said BlackBerry was the best. No device is the best; they all have faults based on what the user expects. It's good to see BlackBerry fans passionate about their devices as long as it remains civil and respectful (remember, we aren't iPhone fans Hahaha JK).

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    03-18-15 01:37 PM
    Commas and periods. See, they work.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 04:57 PM
    Commas and periods. See, they work.

Posted via CB10
    tHEy dO woRK! EXcelLenT obSERvAtIOn!

The Classic
    03-19-15 12:36 PM
    tHEy dO woRK! EXcelLenT obSERvAtIOn!