what are the best solutions out there?
    password protect? encryption?
    is there an app where i can just blow it up from afar?

thoughts?
    05-21-16 03:17 AM
    Strong password and picture password and BlackBerry protect. They can steal your phone, but not your information. Keep pics synced with the cloud and won't lose anything at all if you back up data on link once a week.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    05-21-16 03:56 AM
    I think BlackBerry has the best set up. Especially with BlackBerry Protect.
    Even if someone was able to get in and wipe/reset your device, they still wouldn't be able to set it up for themselves without having your BBID info. Great little feature.
    I also recommend picture password. It's pretty much unbreakable. Mainly because non BlackBerry people are more like WTF is that?

The one downside that not just BlackBerry phones, but seems to be all phones, is that you are able to turn the phone off even if the device is locked. Personally I find this to be a huge security/ design flaw.
    If someone were to steal your phone, they could turn it off, then it would be unable to be detected through BlackBerry Protect. I think you should still have to enter in the device password before being able to turn off the device, it would add just another layer of security.

Doesn't get Classier then posting from a Classic!
    05-21-16 07:51 AM
    I think BlackBerry has the best set up. Especially with BlackBerry Protect.
    Even if someone was able to get in and wipe/reset your device, they still wouldn't be able to set it up for themselves without having your BBID info. Great little feature.
    I also recommend picture password. It's pretty much unbreakable. Mainly because non BlackBerry people are more like WTF is that?

The one downside that not just BlackBerry phones, but seems to be all phones, is that you are able to turn the phone off even if the device is locked. Personally I find this to be a huge security/ design flaw.
    If someone were to steal your phone, they could turn it off, then it would be unable to be detected through BlackBerry Protect. I think you should still have to enter in the device password before being able to turn off the device, it would add just another layer of security.

Doesn't get Classier then posting from a Classic!
    how would BB Protect keep a person from looking at my documents?

can i somehow lock them out or something from my computer?

i ask cuz i have bank info. in there.
    05-21-16 03:35 PM
    Yeah, if you ever lose your phone, sign in on your computer and you can see where your phone is. You can also lock it, or wipe it remotely, from your computer.

I haven't tried.... but with the non-removable battery, I believe you "MIGHT" be able to turn the phone back on, and find out where the phone is. Even if they try to turn it off

Posted via CB10
    05-21-16 04:29 PM
    Yeah, if you ever lose your phone, sign in on your computer and you can see where your phone is. You can also lock it, or wipe it remotely, from your computer.

I haven't tried.... but with the non-removable battery, I believe you "MIGHT" be able to turn the phone back on, and find out where the phone is. Even if they try to turn it off

Posted via CB10
    "lock", "wipe" and "flag"....

didn't know about those options; thanks for the heads up.

and good on BB!
    05-21-16 04:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Nah, you can't turn it on remotely, it just says unavailable.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-16 05:19 PM