I recently got sick of dealing with Android and came back to BB Classic. Great phone, despite the graveyard that is the Appstore. There's more than enough for me to enjoy myself. I noticed something odd though, if I turn on Parental Controls, the old Slacker Radio app shows up and still works with a paid subscription, sort of. I can favorite stations, and I can see things I favorite through the website and play them on my BlackBerry. I can even copy Spotify playlists to Slacker using Soundiiz and see them on my Classic as "recently played" and listen to them.

Turn off Parental Controls though, and the app disappears again. I might trying leaving it on. The feature to block calls and/or texts from non-contact numbers seems useful to have from time to time.

It seems my Classic always has one more surprise for me.
    09-25-20 09:08 PM
    I recently got sick of dealing with Android and came back to BB Classic. Great phone, despite the graveyard that is the Appstore. There's more than enough for me to enjoy myself. I noticed something odd though, if I turn on Parental Controls, the old Slacker Radio app shows up and still works with a paid subscription, sort of. I can favorite stations, and I can see things I favorite through the website and play them on my BlackBerry. I can even copy Spotify playlists to Slacker using Soundiiz and see them on my Classic as "recently played" and listen to them.

Turn off Parental Controls though, and the app disappears again. I might trying leaving it on. The feature to block calls and/or texts from non-contact numbers seems useful to have from time to time.

It seems my Classic always has one more surprise for me.
    Weird!
    09-26-20 11:27 AM